A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 861

a girl called Ben

That is *such* a Swedish story, Titania! smiley - laugh

The only time I ever got caught smuggling stuff into Sweden, it was cheese. Though, topically enough, I did smuggle ibuprofen and codein at times too. Not booze though.

B


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 862

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


Gw7en, there is nothing to do in Texas.

*throws cell phone onto the table* I keep trying to contact the planet makers on Magarathea, and all I get is voice mail. smiley - sadface

Anyone for tea?


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 863

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

I think you can shoot aardvarks in Texas.

I knew I should not have gone to work today. I managed to alter a server configuration in such a way that I (or anyone else in my office) cannot receive e-mail anymore. And I have no idea what I did, and can't figure out how to undo it. I am currently waiting for the problem to clear itself up, so that when I reactivate the mail daemon it will just work on it's own with no intervention. I think it's a better strategy than trying to clear the thing up on my own.

And I meant E. Coli before, not salmonella. It gets spread through the fertilizer, traces of which are left on the bean sprouts (and any other fruit or vegetable for that matter).
smiley - dog


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 864

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)

Ft Hood is in Killen, Qw7en, and they have a small museum. They even have some stuff on Elvis (the King served there). But mostly it's about the armored unites stationed there. Do you like tanks?

I seem to recall the local mall had a nice game store and a neat teddy bear shop, but my wife insists those are in Temple. Actually, my wife is very unhelpful - if you mention Texas to her she's likely to put her hands over her ears and make "Lalalalalalala!" sounds.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 865

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Mac, I'm having trouble writing because of the cat in my lap...mine drools, does yours? Hey, all, if you get a minute or so, would you be so kind as to read this for me? It's a little choppy, but I'm really rather proud of it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/F55377?thread=233700&post=2774655#p2774655 It's my contribution to the Uni Project of the nature of belief.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 866

Courtesy38

[{Courtesy}]

d'E - There was a green bean casaroul (sp?), who knows. We still have a side of the family that insists it was the flu .... I just don't believe in a flu with an incubation period that short and with symptoms setting in at approximately the same time for all individuals.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 867

Titania (gone for lunch)

[smiley - tit]


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 868

Titania (gone for lunch)

Odd spam mail subjects this morning:
'Free adult paysite' and
'Cheap money'smiley - huh


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 869

Hati

[Hati]


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 870

a girl called Ben

You can be justly proud of your entry on Heresy, Montana Redhead, it is informative and it made me think.

I won't be online over the weekend. I am off to see my kittens, a couple of British Blues, they are only 3 weeks old and almost certainly still dribblers. They won't be coming to live with me till the end of March, but their breeder is my friend, so I am going to stay with her and drink red Australian wine for a couple of nights.

When the kittens eventually arrive here, their formal names will be Archer and Aitken, (a bad joke about British politicians!)

All the best, everyone,

B


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 871

Coniraya

MR, you're right no codeine in Advil, it was released as an OTC drug here the same time as Veganin etc which is why I thought it contained codeine.

Heresy isn't a subject I think much about, but it was an interesting read. I'm currently reading a novel on witches which is not unrelated and highlights the treatment of slightly smiley - batty old ladies and those with a true knowledge of the available remedies before modern medicine. Appalling really.

Unlike poor old Sadie, Cassie smiley - cat doesn't dribble, but she is constantly meeuuwing, which is really rather sweet. Sadie yowled! Ben, I adore British Blues and if I had a couple hundred nicker would buy one tomorrow and call it Willow.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 872

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

I was prescribed (and given) codeine when I was in hospital but, when I got home and had my own box, I read the patient leaflet and it specifically said that people with my condition should not take codeine. I was very mad smiley - grr. Fortunately I hadn't taken many in hospital because I'd discharged myself at seven in the morning before the drugs trolley came round.

d'Elaphant, I'm not sure I approve of shooting aardvarks anywhere but I don't approve of aardvarks either smiley - erm.

It snowed this morning. smiley - ski Only about an inch though.






57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 873

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Did I say aardvarks? I meant armadillos. I think you can also shoot non-christians in Texas, and anyone else who you reckon ain't normal.

/* Looks behind him for any Texans he might be offending. */
smiley - dog


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 874

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Hasn't Ashley gone to Texas? smiley - erm


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 875

Witty Moniker

I had a close call about 12 years ago and almost had to move to Texas. Fortunately, Hubby came to his senses and found a job in New Jersey. He lived in Housten for 5 months while I held the fort back in NJ.

Oh, and you don't need a gun to kill armadillos in Texas. You just run them over. No need to even remove your rifle from the gun rack in your pick-up.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 876

Witty Moniker

Housten? Houston?

Oh well, I really don't care. smiley - winkeye


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 877

Bumblebee

*head spins after all the backlogsmiley - headhurts*

Happy New Year everyone. smiley - smiley
Thanks for the e-book Lil! Why can't more people give me books? I think I got all too few smiley - gift this year....

I'd like to ditto all of the advices to Sea. I know it's not easy to listen to advice on this subject, but do give it a try.smiley - smiley

The Snow came on New Years Eve. A lot of it, all at once. Today I'm stiff and sore after riding on sledes down the mountainside all yesterday. smiley - rocketPerfect conditions, high speed, and I only crashed into the ditch once! Yoohoo! smiley - biggrin I took some pictures that may be posted later, I only hope the camera survived...


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 878

Titania (gone for lunch)

Sounds like fun, Bee - only trouble is you have to climb up again to do it again!smiley - biggrin *thinking of borrowing somebody's kid to have an excuse for doing it herself*


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 879

Hati

Take my kids, Ti! I refuse to go out with them, it's -20C already and falling.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 880

Bumblebee

No climbing, we got frequent-user card on Fløibanen! smiley - biggrin
http://www.floibanen.no/eng/index.html


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more