A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 921

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

smiley - tongueout, Courtesy. If you aren't careful, you'll find me huddled on your doorstep soon. smiley - winkeye


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 922

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)

Sixteen inches of snow here in New York's beautiful Finger Lakes region, and that's on top of ice from freezing rain earlier this week. Very hard to plow, we need one warm day to recover. Much fun, watching the pugs frolic in snow over their ears.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 923

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

*rather enjoying the shorts and tank weather*

My yahoo account is spam filled, but my edu account has really strong filters...it has something to do with looking at your address book, and your cookies, and seeing where you've been, who you've sent mail to, etc. The spam factor is absolutely zero. They don't even send it to you, they just reply themselves with an automated message that basically says "this is a university email account, and frankly, we don't think your email is academically relevant."

It's really rather lovely, I think.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 924

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

smiley - laugh What a lovely image, Mac! *visualizes pugs hopping through snow like bunnies...*


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 925

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Ever see a cat not wanting to come in out of the snow? I had one once that loved hnowfall, till he got wet.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 926

soeasilyamused, or sea

wasn't it lovely, courtesy and MR? i was tempted to hit the beach, but the water would have been ICY... smiley - biggrinsmiley - devil

my USC account gets maybe 1 or 2 spam e-mails every now and then, but mostly nothing. it's quite a refreshing change from my hotmail addies...

had a discussion with D last night. have gotten over the stupid "5 vs. 3" hangup in favor of wondering what i'm going to do to help him get over his parents' abuse in the past... *sigh*


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 927

Hypatia

At work our ISP is MOREnet through the University of Missouri. We're subsidized by the state. It's a pretty big network because it includes all the K-12 school districts; all public libraries and most academic libraries. Also some of state government offices. Anyway, we thought we'd be spam free and were for a long time. But lately it's been getting through. I think that MOREnet should be the one to figure out how to block it. They've sent a couple of web sites where we can send the offending addresses, but that's all they've done. We'relso trying them to do the mandated filtering for porn on their end but we're told that the technology isn't there yet. I get spam in Korean (up to 50 per day) where the senders addresses show up as mathematical symbols, fractions, etc. Most are so long that the entire address never shows up so it's hard to track them down. And some of them freeze the computer when you hit the delete key. I'm really ticked over the whole thing.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 928

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*smiley - hug sea* Just keep supporting him, honey. That's all you can do for him right now.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 929

Coniraya

Glad you've sorted out the 5/3 thing, sea.

Still not snowing here, but the temp is due to drop below 0C and the road gritters started about 5pm. There is still alot of standing water after the heavy rains of the last few weeks so the roads are going to be treacherous tomorrow.

After a restorative kip, Cassie smiley - cat has eaten a late supper and is now trying to get H to play!


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 930

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

Best of luck to Cassie smiley - cat. Playing is important to one's wellbeing. smiley - winkeye


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 931

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*quietly sits in front of the fire*


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 932

Courtesy38

G7 - All are welcome (with appropriate notice of course).

I'm currently planning several dinner parties for friends and family. Apparently Rachel (gf) has been telling people that I can cook, and this has been met with skepticism.

Also, working on having MR over for something.

Courtesy


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 933

Bald Bloke

[BB]


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 934

Phil

Oh well, didn't spot the comet this time (too low in the sky/skyglow just after sundown). Should get a better chance in a week or so.

All round to C38's for a dinner party, sounds good for me. What's on the menu?


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 935

coelacanth

Life, the universe and everything by the looks of it!
smiley - bluefish


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 936

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

What else would it be? smiley - winkeye


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 937

Courtesy38

My standing response is .... you tell me if you want Beef, Chicken, Pork, or Fish and I will cook it the way I want smiley - winkeye

Courtesy


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 938

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

smiley - laugh I like that answer!


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 939

Coniraya

But I like smiley - sheep best, nicely roasted with rosemary and garlic smiley - drool


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 940

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

Mmmmm.... Although I admit to a weakness for mint jelly as well... smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post