A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 421

Coniraya

I have never been able to write poetry or got to grips with the principles of haiku, even though No1 son has explained it several times. I think the postings above are excellent.

Lil, the snow looks wonderful. We have our second consecutive day of frost here, a great improvement on the grey mizzle of the week. If we get snow at all it won't be until late January I expect. I would settle for a frosty Crimble, but it looks like a return to milder, wetter SW winds over the week again. smiley - sadface

Haven't attempted to put up our (fake) smiley - xmastree yet, as Cassie smiley - cat will be joining Carmel smiley - bunny in hanging from the tree but in a far less decorative fashion and very much more destructive, no doubt.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 422

Munchkin

[Munchkin]
The Two Towers was indeed very good. I am agog at Gollum, especially when he battles over his conscience. And the Ents (my favourite part of the book) weren't half bad too. I will be going back to see it in the New Year. Oh, and those who have seen it, did you spot Peter Jackson? Least I think it was him.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 423

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Oh, don't tell too much...I won't get to see it until next week!

It's actually almost winterish in SoCal tonight. It's supposed to get down into the high 30s...they even say LA might get frost (although I'd be mighty surprised if it did!).

Well, off to bed. Last day of school tomorrow for the small person, and then off to Arizona...yippee, no mommy duty for a whole week!!!


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 424

Bumblebee

Oh yes! I thought that might have been him! smiley - smiley Though I'll have to see the film again to make sure.. Any excuse is a good excuse. smiley - biggrin


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 425

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

To avoid the crowds
I must soon go shopping
In Marks and Spencers


smiley - run


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 426

Sol

Love the Hikus. Not going to even attempt to have a go though... Put the Xmas CD on last night and annoyed B by wailing along with all the bass parts. Loudly. I miss carols.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 427

Phil

Magic and Sparkle. Last time I went in one near me (a couple of days ago) it was heaving. Then again everywhere else was as well!
Still only got a couple more to do now and then it's just wrapping. Off to the big city this afternoon to finish it all off and then for a drink or two with the brother in law.

Haiku, not for me thanks.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 428

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Yes, but it will be more heaving once everyone has knocked off work and school at lunchtime tomorrow. So I'm going now. Our local supermarket is a stand-alone M&S. It may be the only one in the world. It is quite small and has limited storage facilities so in Christmas week the road outside becomes a queue of green and white lorries interspersed with 4x4s containing frustrated people. There were so many people in there last Christmas Eve they had to stack us two high in the queues for the tills smiley - silly.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 429

Coniraya

There is a large food only M&S at Tolworth up the A3, that gets completely logged jammed at peak times.

I haven't finished my shopping yet, I'm waiting on H, he's supposed to be deciding which bluetooth hands-free kit he wants for his mobile. The sons are sorted pretty much. Cassie smiley - cat is so happy playing with Sadie's old toys that every day is Crimble for her!



57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 430

Bumblebee

I'm going to do the last shopping tomorrow. Dad, my best shopping companion, is coming with me, to ensure effective and swift work. We know what we want, we know whitch shops to go to, and who's to do what, and without any nonsense, we get it done. smiley - biggrin
No doubt-ers and dally-ers for us!
smiley - xmastree


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 431

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

[d'E]
[smiley - dog]


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 432

SE

Well, I saw the two towers. Was surprised by the amount of comedy relief. Was also surprised by the plot changes. It had the best cinematic opening sequence I've ever seen.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 433

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I need to watch Part I tonight, as I haven't seen it yet. If I can stay awake. The illness has now evolved into a proper head and chest cold. smiley - sadface

I can get nostalgic about Marks and Sparks. I remember that they sold perfect food.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 434

SE

Ambrosia?

Anywho, I wanted to share this link with everyone as it is seasonal and I think spot on, comic-relief wise...

http://www.notsosoft.com/tis/


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 435

Titania (gone for lunch)

[smiley - tit]


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 436

marvthegrate LtG KEA

From what my friend (degreed in English) tells me a haiku is more than the 5-7-5 sylable structure. THe first two lines much have something in common and the third must not. I believe that the contrast between the lines in common and the last line show something of ones Zen nature. Of course he says that I have a flair for haiku as well. I don't really believe him, but I have found myself making haikus in casual conversation.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 437

Witty Moniker

[smiley - mistletoe]


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 438

Coniraya

smiley - cross the washing machine is refusing to spin dry. Its been mucking about generally for a while, but I was hoping it would keep going through the holidays.

Now it looks like I shall have to replace the smiley - bleepsmiley - bleepity thing.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 439

SE

There is no rule about the content in haikus. Though I did hear once that the second line must be longer than the first or third, but I think this is just conjecture (the person who informed me of this was drunk at the time)


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 440

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

I've just had a sherry and some fruitcake smiley - silly.

*fetches her spider-silk climbing ropes from the DFB, holds the end of a piece of tinsel in between her mandibles and prepares to climb the Christmas tree*


Key: Complain about this post