Announcements

0 Conversations


If you would like to have an Announcement displayed on this page, please note the submission e-mail address for Announcements, at the bottom of the page.

Upcoming and Proposed Meets

Croydon Mini-Meet

The date now appears to be set for 4th
September
and will encompass a trip to a photo exhibition by Kaz. More details can be found on the
Croydon mini meet... page or contact Serephina.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other Potential Meets to Keep an Eye On!!!

No firm dates as yet for these and no pages set up but discussions about these proposed Meets can be found at the following (rather quiet) threads:
Return of the Deuchars? - postponed
The South West

Announcements

Done Too Soon

Neil Diamond's 'Done Too Soon' consists of a list of people throughout history that died in the prime of life, either being killed while still very young (comparatively) or after having made a significant contribution to the progression of history. The lyrics include 25 names and it was my thought that we could write a small biography for each.
The 'Done Too Soon' Project is orchestrated by broelan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The  We Didn't Start The Fire compilation entry is now complete and this has generated so much interest that we not only see more projects proposed in the Collaborative Writing Workshop but also the return of 'The Topic of the Week'.

This week the subject is Most Embarrassing Moments

Share your pain and divulge your most mortifying moments. Free yourself and tell us what has really made you cringe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whatever else you do this week, be sure to catch up with the 'Save the Albatross' campaign over at John Ridgway Save the Albatross Voyage 2003-4. The adventures have now safely returned home it is hoped that all h2gers will give their support and sign the petition.

New Clubs

Cal's Alien Health Farm

A beautiful relaxing place set in the breathtaking H2G2 mountain range.

Director of health and fitness is Cal Fortuneswell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spaceballs Appreciation Society

A society of people who like the movie Spaceballs.

Lord Dark Helmet - or possibly President Skroob is SuperMoo. May the schwartz be with you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The FREAK Association

Friendly Rebellious Enigmas Against Konformity unite! A place for all oddballs, weirdos, alternative dressers, and general alternative people to meet, catch a drink at the bar and even discuss the finer things in life. Membership comes complete with a nice, shiny title.

FREAK-in-Chief is Existential Elevator

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alternative Medicine

The world is full of many wonders and we should live in harmony with it and those around us. Here in my garden you are welcome to write your own stories and inform others of alternative medicines and the like. So pull up a chair I'm all ears.

Flourishing under the gentle care of Opti

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

London Area Researchers Group

Currently under construction but hoping to attract membership from London and its environs.

Founded by Serephina

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Old Republic

The Old Republic is a Role Playing Game (RPG) based on the Star Wars universe that occured before the films took place (well, 4000 years before they took place anyway). We've only got a few players atm, and there are planets being added weekly.

Feeling the Force is Asmodaidark

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dog Lovers!

For sharing doggie anecdotes and info.

Groomed by jeenius

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Links

The Post Links Page points you towards the best of h2g2. Everything from information and campaigns to eating and drinking venues, virtual lands or clubs.

The Post Archives are a repository for all things Post related. Divided into easy-to-use categories, they get bigger at a frightening pace. Well worth a visit, whether to re-read a favourite article or catch up on something you missed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All entries for this feature should be mailed to
Shazz

26.08.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2947674

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more