Announcements

0 Conversations


If you would like to have an Announcement displayed on this page, please note the submission e-mail address for Announcements, at the bottom of the page.

Upcoming and Proposed Meets

The London Summer Meet!!!

Yes, it's that time of year again (or at least it will be) - it's The Great, Marvelous, exotically spiffing, H2G2 London Summer Meet 20041! The date is now confirmed as 10th July. It looks as if the afternoon (from around 1pm) will, once more, be spent in Hyde Park for picnicking and games or at a local watering hole for the diehard drinkers. Anyone wishing to contribute items for the picnic should head over to the List of items for the Picnic in Hyde park afternoon of 10 July (part of London summer meet!) page. The evening venue has been confirmed as The Penderel's Oak which is located at 283-288, High Holborn London. This oub has featured in several Meets before and boasts the grumpiest bar staff in London! More details can be found here or just sign-up and join the other 54 (or so) would-be attendants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other Potential Meets to Keep an Eye On!!!

The First Great Birmingham Pit-Stop

Running on Friday 9th July in conjunction with the London Summer Meet this is for all those wanting a pre-meet outside the big smoke. More details can be found at This thread.

No firm dates as yet for these and no pages set up but discussions about these proposed Meets can be found at the following (rather quiet) threads:
Return of the Deuchars? - postponed
York
The South West

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Micro-Meets

The purpose of this Entry is to provide a Zone for Researchers to inform each other of their free time and movements so that they can hopefully find out when and where all or some of them can meet up in the future with the minimum of inconvenience to enjoy each other's company out there in the real world.

Announcements

Whatever else you do this week, be sure to catch up with the 'Save the Albatross' campaign over at John Ridgway Save the Albatross Voyage 2003-4. As the voyage nears an end it is hoped that all h2gers will give their support and sign the petition.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Hitchhikers' Movie

Yes, it is really happening at last and yes they have started filming! Read An Interview with Garth Jennings and Nick Goldsmith to find out more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you know that Douglas Adams' computer was recently sold on ebay and is reputed to still hold many files of unpublished material? If not, then you haven't visited the Douglas Adams Continuum site set up by Duke of Dunstable.

New Clubs

The Campaign to Elect George Formby or Liv Tyler

The most important election in the history of h2g2. Running the campaign are Happydude and Sir Evil Roy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

h2g2 Hospital

For all your virtual medical needs. Open to those injured in the various RP wars around h2g2, but also to anyone else as well. Did you know that 80% of h2g2 accidents happen on your Personal Space? Ambulance call-outs available. On-site Pharmacy. Medics available for hiring to Guilds etc.

Surgeon-in-chief is Joe C.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam Maguires Traditional Irish Pub

A traditional pub with a friendly atmosphere, a resident 24/7 chef and......wait for it.....a 2 player dance machine!!

Receive a warm welcome from your convivial host Lord Smooth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Deadly Viper Assassanation Squad

An assassantion squad of the highest order, join up and choose your code name

Run by the silent and deadly Lord Smooth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Legions of Hell

Another army, this one mostly Hellish

Hellishly devised by Wonko.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Collaborative Account Project

Want to write a guide entry but can't do it all yourself? No success at the Writing Workshops? Then welcome to the Grand Collaborative Account Project - a trial project that attempts to find the fastest, most efficient method of creating quality collaborative guide entries. Log in to one account and enhance each others' entries collaboratively.

Orchestrated by Baryonic Being.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Masters of the Multi-verse

Ever wanted to rule a small planet or even an entire solar system? WELL YOU CAN!!!(!!!) Join and take what you will!

Leading the revolution is Spacecadet (Jack).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Metal Appreciators' Society (MAS)

Founded on the belief that metal music is dominant over all, come join us in our quest for musical world domination!

Noise provided by Shagrath.

Links

The Post Links Page points you towards the best of h2g2. Everything from information and campaigns to eating and drinking venues, virtual lands or clubs.

The Post Archives are a repository for all things Post related. Divided into easy-to-use categories, they get bigger at a frightening pace. Well worth a visit, whether to re-read a favourite article or catch up on something you missed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All entries for this feature should be mailed to Shazz

17.06.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1Official name

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2753660

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more