h2g2 Post 18.03.04

2 Conversations


Posted: 18th March 2004

Editorial

'Mothers! Who'd have em?'

Well, everybody actually. This weekend they are celebrated by many, certainly in the UK, with Sunday being designated 'Mothering Sunday' by the Christian Church. This doesn't, of course, preclude non-christians from honouring their mothers but does give a little more meaning to the day apart from the card and tacky gift manufacturers making an easy profit. You shouldn't, of course, need a special day to think about your mum but boy do they make a fuss if you forget to send them a card! This being the case, The Post has tried to include a mention to mums in a few articles.

We are pleased to welcome some new contributors to our pages. Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse has kindly sent in a selection of Hiaku which we shall be featuring over the course of the next few weeks and Ctrl-Alt-Gosho weighs in with a look at taxes. Elsewhere you can find articles ranging from the serious to the amusing. What better way to while away the last few days of winter?

ShazzPRME


 
FICTION
 
 

  • Haiku Corner

  • 'Winter Haiku 1' by Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse

CARTOONS
 
 
REGULARS
 
 

  • QED

  • Cunningly Created 'C' Words

FEATURES
 
 
h2g2 NEWS
 
 
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A2273898

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more