A Conversation for The Café

The Aroma Café: Past Christmas

Post 1481

Hati

*mutters something about the weather and moves closer to the fireplace*


The Aroma Café: Past Christmas

Post 1482

Z

Whitnall and I is a fantastic film smiley - biggrin - ooh and I want some pringles as well.

I'm really terrible at being a student, I'm off to bed soon. But then I am going gliding at 8.15 tomorrow morning. The forecasts awful, but hey ho.

I'm working on a presenation, (on a friday night, aren't I an awful student..) and I've got that sinking feeling that I'm trying to cover up my lack of knowledge of the topic.

But then none of the books were very specific so many it's medical sciences lack of knowledge.

Hummm

*wanders off to pubmed*

*looks at clock*

*smiley - wah*

*eats toast to cheer self up*


The Aroma Café: Past Christmas

Post 1483

egon

I'd blame medical science if I were you.


The Aroma Café: Past Christmas

Post 1484

Z

I would do, but if I have this misfortune to be marked by someone who specialises in the area I'm presenting on then I'll up a metaphorical creak without a paddle.


The Aroma Café: Past Christmas

Post 1485

egon

If I could quickly disrupt the flow of this fascinating thread temporarily, i have just started a thread in my journal which I'd appreciate your opinions on (you were all so helpful last tiem I said that...)- this time it's not a mater of romantic despair, but just some idle curiosity- F77509?thread=378116


The Aroma Café: Past Christmas

Post 1486

soeasilyamused, or sea

[]


The Aroma Café: Past Christmas

Post 1487

Mrs Zen

Well, it is lovely this morning. Clear blue skies, sunshine, colder but worth it.

The Stepson and I are off to look at allotments today.

I cannot make up my mind whether to get one or not. It seems foolish to take on another commitment, but on the other hand just how much of a commitment would a couple of rows of broad beans, sweetpeas and leeks actually be? I have thought hard about what to grow, and I love leeks but they are incredibly expensive, likewise broad beans. And a single row of sweetpeas gives you flowers for two months in the summer. There is obviously more that I would like to grow, but I would rather have a successful allotment-lite than an unsuccessful market garden.

Had a good day yesterday, took the Stepson to a business networking meeting because he was interested in how it worked. This was a 6.30 am start, but we both made it, and he loved it. Went to yoga, (note to self, must do some yoga most days), then went to see my friend U, and work on her website. I am about 90% of the way there with that, but I have to make changes to all the internal links which is one of those irritating jobs which goes well listening to Radio 4. Then I caught up with Carole-the-Cleaner and her Complicated Love Life, and *then* I went shopping and bought enough food for a fortnight. (I wish!)

Chores today and tourism in Bath tomorrow.

Ben


The Aroma Café: Past Christmas

Post 1488

Coniraya

Sweetpeas are unbelievably time consuming, Ben. You have to check them every day for tendrils, if you want nice straight stems for cutting, but well worth the effort. But those I know who have allotments love them.

Off to do some retail therapy smiley - smiley


The Aroma Café: Past Christmas

Post 1489

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

I didn't sleep well last night - I was aching from working too hard at the gym (astonishing but true) and a dreadful storm came through at about half past two.


The Aroma Café: Past Christmas

Post 1490

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

IIEM, could I have...you know what? I'd just like a glass of water, if that's okay.

Exhausted, but can't sleep. I hate that.


The Aroma Café: Past Christmas

Post 1491

Bluebottle

I've got a university tutorial in an hour and a half. Honestly - tutorials on Saturday afternoonssmiley - grr Doesn't anyone realise that I've got to go to Reading today and if I'm stuck in Leeds until 3:30pm it's a little awkward...

<BB<


The Aroma Café: Past Christmas

Post 1492

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Have you transferred to Leeds?


The Aroma Café: Past Christmas

Post 1493

Mrs Zen

I may have to re-think the sweet peas, then, Caerwyn. I am not particularly bothered about straight stems, but I like the idea of abundant flowers for the flat over the summer.

Oh, and I have got an allotment!

It is 100 sq meters, (1000 sq ft) which is terrifying. However my friend Carole has been looking for an allotment locally to her for ages, and she is going to share it. She was talking about growing pumpkins. And of course there is the stepson, who was suggesting building summer houses and planting fruit trees. He doesn't really get the idea, but a couple of days digging will help put some things in perspective.

I am not sure what other flowers to grow for the house. The nice thing about sweet peas is they are not available in florists, and they go on and on through the summer. Sunflowers appeal. Short ones.

*scratches head*

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ben


The Aroma Café: Past Christmas

Post 1494

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*comes in via the tunnel with a tray of fresh-baked mbougatses*

I have no experience of outdoor gardening. smiley - erm

And I'mm have some of bluebottle's tea. smiley - smiley Hey, BB, it's a long way from the Isle of Wight to Leeds!


The Aroma Café: Past Christmas

Post 1495

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

IIEM: something high energy please.


The Aroma Café: Past Christmas

Post 1496

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Mog] Well, THAT was interesting ... yesterday, there was school despite the fact that they KNEW there was going to be the kind of ghastly weather that forces them to cancel school in the middle of the day. So, we had to leave in the middle of the day, and went home at 11:30. smiley - biggrin


The Aroma Café: Past Christmas

Post 1497

Mrs Zen

I have spent the afternoon finding and downloading PC diagnostics and tuning software and troubleshooting the PC. It is noticably faster, but it is still hanging every now and again. I have booked it into PC World next Friday for a health check, but to be honest I doubt that they would do more to it than I have done. I think it needs more memory, simple as that. I think I'll go in on Sunday, cancel the healthcheck and order some memory.

Been a good day, really. Got loads done, and I like days like that.

B


The Aroma Café: Past Christmas

Post 1498

Titania (gone for lunch)

IIEM, a.. yes, a Rooibos tea will do nicely, thanks

*collects the calling cards and throws them into the garbage bin so as not to unnecessarily attract the attention of the cleaing bot in the closet*


The Aroma Café: Past Christmas

Post 1499

coelacanth

Ben, the same as I recommended to Z for the roof garden, I'd check http://www.angliangardener.co.uk/ for ideas.
smiley - bluefish


The Aroma Café: Past Christmas

Post 1500

Hati

IIEM, a sencha tea, please. smiley - brr


Key: Complain about this post