Talking Point - The Wonderful World of Pants

37 Conversations

A pair of granny pants on the washing line.
Girl I know you wanna show da na da na

That thong th thong thong thong

- 'Thong Song' by Sisqo

First things first. When we say pants we mean underpants not trousers. Trousers are boring. But pants (in the British sense of the word) are not. Unless you're talking about big floppy white baggy ones.

Yes, this week (unlike every other week, of course) we're talking pants. We want to hear some of your favourite pants anecdotes (keep them clean please). That's right, we want a laundry basket full of your best pants stories. But more than that, we want to know whether you have any opinions as to what constitutes the right pair of pants. Indeed, is there such a thing as the 'wrong' pants. It's a fine line.

Come on then, own up - what's your favourite pair of pants? And while you're at it:

  • Will granny pants ever come back into vogue?

  • What do you think of people whose pants have the days of the week written on them?

  • What's the best thing you ever seen printed on a pair of pants?

  • What's the most embarrassing pair of pants you own or have ever owned?

  • Is there any need for pants?

  • What's the funniest pair of pants you've ever seen on someone else?

  • Thongs versus bid pants - you decide!

  • Boxer shorts versus Y-fronts - what do you reckon?

  • What's the longest you've ever gone without changing your pants?

  • Are there any great songs with 'pants' in the lyrics?


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1325530

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more