h2g2 Post 10.04.03

1 Conversation


Posted: 10thApril 2003

Editorial

The things you can find poking around in old conversations!

Spurred on by Demon Drawer and his new series 'Word of the Week' I decided to try and find the word with which I participated in the 'official' version all those years ago. I didn't find it, of course, because I was side-traked by so many of my old conversations. I found, for example, the fora where I 'Aced' Linus and Ormondroyd... and many others who have become firm friends. I found the beginnings of the BFG's - that happy band of misfits who have had the honour of starring in a Wowbagger cartoon, and even the birth of The Post itself. It certainly is good to have all those old conversations back!

One or two of your writers are taking a break this week - it must be end of term exam time again I think. So, for the sport-oriented among you, Monty's Pass (16-1) won the Grand National with Supreme Glory (40-1) coming in second to give each-way backers a decent return for their bet. Oxford won the Boat Race by just one foot on Sunday and tonight (Wednesday) Juventus were held to a 1-all draw by Barcelona.

The good news is that, despite a few missing regulars, we welcome the return of Demon Drawer, not only with his new series but also with his very clever '45 Words'. Remember that you can nominate persons of note for the 'DD treatment'. Also, please don't forget to check out the entrants in The School Essay Challenge. There are two students waiting for comments on their writings in this thread

Finally, our next edition falls just before Easter, so we would be delighted to receive any relevant stories or anecdotes. Do you have a special style of celebration in your family? Do you do something out of the ordinary, or do you just collapse at home and eat chocolate easter eggs all day? Whatever you do, The Post would love to hear about it.

ShazzPRME


 
 
FeaturesRegulars
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A955046

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more