The h2g2 Post 28.03.16

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 28th March 2016

Studious

Students studying in a medieval-looking place that isn't really medieval. Studious. That's us. We research, travel, ask questions. We investigate. And we write. Boy, do we write. (Sometimes, we take pictures, too.) That's why h2g2 is your go-to place for knowledge about Life, the Universe, and Everything. Or, as the students might say, Nihil tam difficile est quin quaerendo possit investigari.

So what do we have for you this week? Awix is back with challenging cinema (especially for music lovers). Willem will challenge your ability to avoid shrieking, 'Gah! Not another bug!' (He helps us get over our aversion to such things, and remember that not everything is adorable and furry. Give some love to those crickets, too.) We enlighten you as to what is and isn't illegal in Singapore, just in case you're heading that way.

Minorvogonpoet was out in that neck of the woods recently, though she didn't break any laws. Instead, she visited a sultan (we are suitably impressed) and watched a solar eclipse from his lawn. We told you h2g2ers get around.

They have interesting historical connections, too. bobstafford shares a tale from World War II, a family story of courage with the medals to prove it. We are grateful. SashaQ has a story about artefacts, as well. It's all part of Create's March challenge to share significant objects from your lives. Only a couple of days left in this month, but you're welcome to share your photos and stories with us. We'll still publish them, even if it's April already.

Speaking of April, a new challenge will be issued, and it won't be an April Fool's joke. It will only sound like one. Once you've stopped chuckling, go find us some material. We live to read this Stuff.

What else do we have? Cactuscafé has another amazing short-short story. Galaxy Babe talks music and space. Nigel and the aliens test the replicator, and there are monks: one with a pet cat (ancestor of the Cheezburger Kitty, no doubt), and one with a very overdue book.

Read, comment, ratiocinate, get to work. It's all about the narrative(s). Which means yes, you have to help caption Sasha's stuffed animal photo. It's a challenge for your inventiveness.

And keep studying this week! There may be a test.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

CRITTUR CORNER
  • African Mole Cricket by Willem.
  • A stuffed Eeyore by SashaQ

IN-DEPTH LOOKS

H2G2ER TELL-ALLS

  • Military Cross and France Star.
  • Eclipse watching in Indonesia.

MUSIC OF THE SPHERES

WRITING IS OUR PASSION
  • Create April Challenge.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87866392

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more