Join the Q: Significant Objects

0 Conversations

Join the Q logo.

March 2016 Create/Join the Q: Significant Objects

A bunny.

This month's Create theme really resonated with me, as I feel I am quite well defined by my objects, although some of them are more significant to me than others.

I have things like books and DVDs that I have enjoyed, so I keep them in my collection as reminders of that, even though I'm not always likely to look at them more than once (things that I didn't like very much, so definitely wouldn't look at again, I give away so as not to fill up my collection too much).

I have a collection of toys ranging from ones I used to enjoy playing with so I keep them in my collection as reminders of that, to toys that have a smaller meaning but I keep them because it makes me happy to know they are there. Examples of the former are my My Little Ponies, and examples of the latter are soft toys that I don't often cuddle but I know they are particularly soft to touch, or funny ones that make me smile like the Eeyores that featured in my caption challenge.

And then of course I have objects that do have very special meaning because of the people they are associated with. I have artwork from my sister and other family and friends on the walls of my flat and I have letters and cards from friends and relatives that I have received over the years. Most importantly, I have the letters and cards from my relationship, plus the gifts that my partner gave to me over the years such as the cufflinks I photographed, as well as a few other lovely mementos that I was given to remember her by. In particular, I had a soft toy bunny that was very velvety to touch, so I happily kept it in my collection for a few years. When I learned that my partner's birth year was the Chinese Year of the Rabbit, the little bunny was the perfect gift for me to give her, as it meant a lot to me, so it meant a lot to me to give it to her to enjoy too. Now bunny has come back to me and we think about the good times together.

Join the Q Archive

SashaQ

28.03.16 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87869416

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more