The h2g2 Post 16.04.12

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 16th April 2012

Strange Wonder

Pirates cussing

The world is weird and wonderful. You knew that, didn't you? Just last week, h2g2ers were finding out about the sinking of RMS Titanic, discussing a science fiction story in progress, and even wondering about why Pluto isn't a planet any more. As WS Gilbert famously said, 'They sing choruses in public. That's mad enough, I think.' The h2g2 chorus goes on.

This week, we're just going to sit back and let the weirdness roll. Willem's got a new glimpse into wildlife. Rod's telling us more about New Zealand. We've got three quizzes to keep the old brain cells working. Over in Brightling, Nigel's found out about a thing called Pliny – he's got the wrong end of the stick, as usual.

Oh, those pirates? Just some stray thoughts about cussing. You'll find a story to go with it, somewhere in here. Just go exploring, and don't let the strawberry duck bite you.

Have a weird and wonderful week, all!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

STRANGE AND WONDERFUL

STRANGE BUT TRUE


 

STRANGE AND....STRANGE


 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87747583

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more