The Post 2X 02.04.12. - 04.06.12

0 Conversations

The Post OfficeThe Post

Arts and Film | Artwork | Campaigns, Puzzles and Competitions | Cartoons | News, Sport, Science and Information
Regular Columns and Columnists | Serials and Stories - Fact and Fiction | Travelogues and Previous Columns | Post Pages
Back Issues

The forty-eighth page of Past Issue links with a brief description of some, but by no means all,
of
the excellent articles featured.



  • 02.04.12

    There's a warm Post welcome to a new contributor, as AlwaysLunchtimeSomewhere brings us a thoughtful poem. Can you spot Willem's chameleon? And can you spot the speaker of these famous last words?

  • 09.04.12

    The Post commemorates the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the RMS Titanic: test your knowledge with our quiz, read Dmitri's moving poem, admire B'elana's Acrostic, and learn how the ship is being remembered in Belfast, where she was built, and Southampton, from where she set sail.

  • 16.04.12

    What have the following got in common - words in the English language, pictures made from ASCII characters, and people with red hair? That's right, there's a quiz on each of them in this edition!

  • 23.04.12

    It's time for another season of Young Musician of the Year, and h5ringer listens to the keyboard and brass sections. Dmitri pays tribute to Jonathan Frid, Awix reviews The Cabin In The Woods, and Bluebottle is on the hunt for postboxes.

  • 30.04.12

    If you thought Pliny was an elderly Roman, and vanilla zend was a flavour option in Starbucks, then our exclusive interview with chief bug-blatterer Pastey will greatly enlighten you. Galaxy Babe describes the "ring of fire" annular eclipse, and it's the strings category in Musical Notes.

  • 07.05.12

    There's a whole lot of reviewing going on! Geggs looks back at what Quotes of the Day have made it to the Front Page, Bel uses Twitter in the process of writing a book review, Awix watches Marley at the movies, and Tavaron is glued to the game Guild Wars 2.

  • 14.05.12

    Make 'em laugh? Dmitri discusses humour in writing, Willem has sketched some famous faces to match with famous quotes, and the woodwind and percussion categories round off this year's Young Musician first round.

  • 21.05.12

    Effers is Down Under exploring aboriginal culture, h5ringer announces a winner, Nigel's got his transporter wires crossed, and Deety's dressing in the fridge - cool!

  • 28.05.12

    The Create Challenge gives us articles exploring woodcraft, collecting china, and the waterparks of Stoke-on-Trent. BMt has written a poem about moderation.

  • 04.06.12

    It's the 500th edition of The Post! Bel composes a poem in honour, Geggs rounds up May's Quotes of the Day, and June inspires many researchers to burst into song.....


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87747556

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more