The Men's Barracks

17 Conversations

Welcome to the Men's Barracks

These are the Men's Barracks. In the Barracks, one may request a link to their space to be put here, with their name. We also have nice beds, good ale, and snacks. Not as nice as what is provided in the Dungeons, but we make do.

-Wargamer is the Master of The Men's Barracks

Neobrad's Space

An interesting combination of home, literature, and danger. Imbedded in the headboard is a rather nasty crooked orc scimitar (Memrobelia from the orc invasion of 1845). The nightstand holds a rather annoying lamp, with its random power surges, it interrupts electronics all over, hooked up to a Multi-Plug with an obscene amount of plugs, most going somewhere obscure.

On the wall hangs a ten-foot broadsword, origins unknown, but probably better that way. Scattered across the bed are several mysterious relics, and one oddly glowing crystal. On the foor, there lays a CD/Radio/Cassette Player, and an assortment of Hichhiker's Guide Audio Books. Bed #1.

Mystrunner's Space

A Neatly folded bed with Harry Potter bedsheets. The posts are intricatly carved with the images of trees, and the slight smell of pine surrounds it. Posters of the Lord Of The Rings are hung nearby.

A small nightstand is at the head, with a glass of water and an ancient looking book filled with a smooth, flowing script. Various weapons lay sorted in drawers in the bottom, and a small collection of aritfacts from the Age of Legends. Over the headboard hands a sheild, dark green in the top right and bottom left, jet black in the rest. A white dragon rears in the center. Bed #2

Strider's Space

In the corner of the room lies a small pile of well-used forest green cloaks, used as bedding. The walls are rather plain, save for a Beatles poster (The White Album), and an early poster of The Who. North Corner.

Fred Smith's Space

The bed is nicely done, with each post topped by a wooden gargoyle. The bed itself is covered jointly by a stylish crossbow, a large amount of half-read magical tomes mixed with light reading, and a good deal of sacrifical knives that need tidying up. On the nightstand beside rests bits of alchemical equipment, smoldering merrily to themselves. Over the headboard rests a shield depicting a coat of arms.

Stu's Space

In this area is a "cheif sized" bed, much bigger than standard due to the size of the cheif, adorned with nice blue sheets. Beside the bed on a simple wooden bed dresser is a George Foreman grill. Built into the face of the dresser is a bookshelf featuring a small number of pilot books, along with novels by Robert Jordan, Stephen Hunter, and Brian Jacques.

A full sized refrigerator is humming nearby, beside the main desk, featuring a speedy computer. A stero also is featured, with many CDs of various artists, like Foo Fighters and System of a Down. The whole area smells like fresh country air, and makes one feel like staying and chatting over one of Stu's famous dishes.

Goose's Space

It is rather hard to see in this space due to the almost perpetual darkness that covers the bed. The sheets are black. The cushions are black. The curtains are black. On the bed, there are Wheel Of Time books and stuffed animals, and on the bedstand, there are many snacks and sodas.

Goose's Squeaky Toy's Space

A rubber duck sits here evilly. Beware.

Sir Drunkendeath's Space

The bed is messily unmade, resembling some sort of deranged feng-shui, with beer stains artfully placed about. To either side of the bed are cabinets stocked with all sorts of meads and ales, and underneath the bed is a large micro-brewery. How it fits cannot completly be explained, but it does. On the nightside stand is a large number of "Drink Magazine" issues, and it should be noted that the Knights nearby have all hung a large number of air fresheners about.

Friendlywithteeth's Space

This area is divided into clear areas. It is dominated by a large bed, that is raised, and can be reached by a ladder on each side. One side of the bed is an indistinguisable shade of grey, which on closer inspection are in actual fact all the colours, just moving unceasingly across it's surface. The other fills anyone who looks at it, how many shades of black that actually is.

On the grey side, which is clearly friendly's, is a large silver fridge, the one with the internet access, and a bedside cabinet on top of which is a punnet of grapes, plums and strawberries. Stangely, however much you eat you can never seem to get to the bottom.... In the cabinet is a variety of books, and various healing salves and bandages.

On teeth's side, there is a tiger rug on the flagstones, who's eyes seem to follow you around the room...Next to the bed is another cabinet, though with sharper corners, wouldn't want to bang your head on this baby... Inside, however are bagfulls and bagfulls of sweets, including Kola Kubes, Aniseed Balls, and all flavours of Sherbet, help yourself, but mind they don't rot your teeth! There are also lots of empty bottles, mainly because Sir DrunkenDeath has nicked all the drink...

Euan's Space

In the fifth corner of the square room lies Euan's bed. Various magazines can be seen on the nearby shelf, including "Interdimensionality for Dummies" and "So you want to build a Death Star - collect the parts". Lying on the bedside table is sealed triple bottle of Glenfarclas 105 and several glasses. The seal is DrunkenDeathproof, as it is the first part of the interdimensionality project Euan is working on.

Under the bed lurks Something. Not even Euan is sure what it is, but he feels it may be related to Goose's squeaky ducky.

Ralph's Space

Ralph's area is dominated by a large canopied four-poster double bed. Leading to it is a narrow path through what looks like a bombsite of armor and other adventurers gear. On the wall hangs a collection of sharp objects. A large Lord Of The Rings poster dominates one wall.

Temporal Bandit's Space

The space is carpeted with a deep, white shagpile. Against the centre of the far wall, there is a large (Emperor sized) bed, with large purple velvet covered duvet. To either side of the head of the bed stand obscenely large speakers connected to an improbably huge stereo system, which is in turn connected to a TV/Video/DVD player at the foot of the bed.

Drawers under the bed contain various assortments of weapons and armour, ranging from the ancient and classical to the comically sci- fi. There is a large wardrobe, and a bookshelf containing many disparate but obviously well- used books. A large, blue Police call box stands in the corner.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A727102

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more