Announcements

0 Conversations


Meets


  • The Flat Cap and Muffler Club Spring Onion... otherwise known as the Great Northern Meet Up, is only a few days away! It is for anyone interested in beer or coffee and a few laughs... whippets and black puddings optional! The Meet will be held on the 4th August at the Trafford Centre, Manchester; there's shopping, bowling, shopping, drinking, shopping and all sorts of food available.


    Meet outside the bowling alley in the Orient area at 6:00 ready for bowling at about 8:00, there's a bar in the bowl! Anyone who has arrived earlier to go shopping could also grab a bite to eat whilst they wait.

    So far 25 h2g2ers have signed up for this meet including two italics with a further six possibles.

    Sign up in This forum.

  • The Swanny River Meet

    In response to the fantastic London Real-Time Summer Party and the up-and-comming Spring Onion up in Manchester, here is a meet for all you southern researchers in need for their own second meet. Swanny River is coming to Oxford on the 11th of August 2001, it is a fond hope that we leave the place intact. For more details. please visit the The Swanny River Meet page.

  • The next Dutch Meet

    Plans are underway for a repeat of the succesful Dutch Meet. The date has been arranged for the weekend of the 26th to 28th of October to give attendees plenty of advance warning and time to enjoy the hospitality when they arrive!


Abi is up to something!

More fun and games at Abi's Community Activities

She mentions both The Post Big Bandwagon and the Spring Onion, both mentioned in The Post.

Other pages picked out for a mention by Abi this week include the The H2G2 Politics Forum for political chat, The Blasted Heath where you can discuss your gardening in comfort and Cheesecake and Chocolate Milk Appreciation Society.... the title says it all really.


Euphemisms


Zaphod is seeking euphemisms for 'being or going slightly mad', e.g. a sandwich short of a picnic, a few tiles missing from the roof, etc. Please visit Euphemisms for being slightly mad to suggest your own favourites!


Hermes Messenger Service


Do you want to send anyone on h2g2 a declaration of love, anonymous or otherwise, a birthday greeting or any other message? If so, why not visit the Hermes Messenger Service. All requests will be considered and forwarded to user pages within h2g2.

Baptism By Chocolate Milk


Visit the Musehome's Church of
Erato
and indulge in a new sensation! Go on... you know you want to!


New Smileys!

Linus's campaign bore fruit, the community had their say and the new smileys are here! Check out The View at h2g2 for links and information!


Aussie Researchers Wanted!

Our sad friends from down under have been lamenting their inability to attend an h2g2 Meet. Would all Australian members please go to theAussie Researchers thread and make their presence and location known. Alternatively take a walkabout to the Australian Researchers Page and claim your personal billabong. Maybe one or two good things could come out of it!


h2g2 South African Researchers

If you live in, or class yourself as a, South African, then go along to the h2g2 South African Researchers page and introduce yourself to the others!


h2g2 Pet Store

Visit aka's Pet Store, where you can finally acquire your favourite animal on h2g2 for your pages, excluding marine life. If you want smiley - sharkor smiley - schooloffish, then visit the F.A.S., the Fish Adoption Scheme.


Musicians Wanted!


The h2g2 Musicians Guild is the place to go if you are a musician or a music lover. A wonderful site to visit with the opportunity to join in on many and various collaborative efforts.


Birthdays


Ever wondered if you shared your birthday with someone famous? Want to know when a friend on h2g2 celebrates their birthday, so you can arrange a surprise virtual party or just send them greetings through the h2g2 messenger service? (see below!)

Look no further! Some Bloke has a great series of pages which give you the information you seek! Just visit the All New Researchers' Birthday Page.



02.08.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page

All entries for this feature should be mailed to shazzPRME. Please mark the subject 'Announcements'.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A603514

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more