Big Bandwagon - The Surrounds

7 Conversations


Outside the virtual house there are large fences erected to stop both people looking in and people looking out.


Grassy banks stretch for a distance and people are able to picnic, socialise and discuss what's happening inside.


A row of screens and terminals has also been set up allowing those outside to watch and read what's happening inside.


Here are the rooms, remember only the contestants are allowed to post into the fora attached to them. Please keep your comments to these Surrounds.


Here are the contestants, don't forget to check their homepages and read their journals.


Task One

The picture galleries for the first task... these were the h2g2 gifs suggested by the participants

from which they had to choose one to decorate each room.

This task was completed by midnight BST on 22.07.01.


Task Two

Come up with at least 50 'Light Bulb Jokes' and choose the best 10.

This task was completed by 6pm BST Wednesday 25.07.01.

Here are the jokes chosen in order of preference:

  • Moderators: How many moderators does it take to change a light bulb?

    [Answer removed by moderator]

  • Pessemists: How many pessimists does it take to change a lightbulb?

    Who cares, it'll only go out again

  • Microsoft Programmers: How many Microsoft programmers does it take to change a light bulb?

    None. The light bulb is not broken, it is designed to do that.
    It is probably due to user error, and if you reboot the lamp it will be ok.

    If that does not work, reinstall lamp.dll from the .cab file (see knowledge base article 530732,

    "How do I know which cab to extract from?") or from the original CD-ROM, reboot, and reinstall the critical updates.

  • Microsoft Marketers: How many Microsoft marketers does it take to change a light bulb?

    At least 5:

    Marketer 3.1 - our new light bulb is as easy to use as a Macintosh.

    Marketer 95 - our new light bulb is now as easy to use as a Macintosh.

    Marketer 98 - our new light bulb now is really as easy to use as a Macintosh.

    Marketer 2000 - our new light bulb truly is as easy to use now as a Macintosh.

    Marketer XP - our new light bulb really truly is as easy to use now as a Macintosh.

  • Men: How many men does it take to screw in a light bulb?

    Only one, but you have to nag him for a fortnight first.

  • Californians: How many Californians does it take to screw in a light bulb?

    None -- they screw in hot tubs!

  • Surrealists How many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb?

    Fish!

  • Amoebas: How many amoebas does it take to change a light bulb?

    One. No, 2. No, 4. No, 8. No, 16. No, 32...

  • Dyslexics: How many dyslexics does it take to bulb a like change?

    Eno.

  • Lawyers: How many lawyers does it take to change a light bulb?

    How many can you afford?


Task Three

The inmates had to plan, prepare and serve a 5 course gourmet meal.

This task was succesfully completed on 31.07.01.

The meal was delicious!

  • Each resident chose one course.

    They had to make allowances for the dietary habits of others!

  • The food was ordered in first, using the appropriate thread.

  • Then a schedule was arranged. Because of time differences the meal took some time to eat!

  • The individual dishes and how they were prepared were described in detail here.

  • All were served, eaten and cleared away by 31.07.01.

  • Awards were given for originality, taste and team work.


Task Four

This task was imposed immediately after the previous voting results were announced, although the inmates were hardly aware of it.

They were plunged into a state of total non-communication by BB!

No answers to the bell, no replies to questions, just the house and the three occupants.

All coped very well, but Infinity was the inmate who suffered the most. Task Five was far more fun!


Task Five

To choose the best 10 out of all the Wowbagger h2g2 Life cartoons which have featured in The Post.

There have been 45 so far, so each one had to be viewed and decisions had to be made as to which were the funniest and

which portrayed life on h2g2 the best.

This task started at 11am BST on 06.08.01 and finished at 4pm BST on 08.08.01.

Suggestions were posted in the short list thread and the final 10, in order, were dropped into the Best of h2g2 Life thread.


The best 10 cartoons picked were as follows:

  1. Cat trouble
  2. So long and thanks
  3. You know you're an h2g2 addict when
  4. Smiley Mania
  5. Download Nightmare
  6. Blue without goo
  7. ROLFAMX
  8. Illogical conversations
  9. The BFGs (Role playing)
  10. Reality TV


Where to find the Wowbagger h2g2 Life cartoons:


Voting
The final votes were as follows:

  • d'Elaphant: 12.5%
  • Cafram: 37.5%
  • Infinity: 50.0%


For further details please see The Post Big Bandwagon article.


Joanna's Travelling Doughnut Stall


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A583779

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more