The h2g2 Post 12.07.07

2 Conversations


Posted: 12th July 2007


 

 


Summertime, and the living's easy...

Things have lulled for a bit here on h2g2, and in real life, too — friends are going off on holidays or moving away altogether to start their new lives at university. Since I'm a year younger than many of my friends, it's only this summer that I've begun that arduous process, though I am very, very proud to announce that I will (hopefully) only have to take two more standardised exams in my educational career — the last set of this year's results came in yesterday, and believe me, that was a weight off my shoulders! I know I've spoken before about what a stranglehold testing has on academically-inclined teenagers on both sides of the Atlantic... so I'll shut up now. Enough about my life.

In a complete non sequitur, I've been asked to give a word of mention to the recently revived (Real) Leo Club, a very exclusive organisation solely for those people whose birthdays fall between 23 July and 22 August. What's more, the club is even run by a real, live Leo — so validate the fact that I just spent an entire paragraph talking about it and check it out.smiley - tongueout

Incidentally, I must give you fair warning: I know the feed on the ground this week was a little sparse (or some metaphor like that...), but you folks had better get your acts together, because we will have an issue on 23 August, which was not previously the case. That means that The Post's summer coverage will be as follows: 26 July, 9 August and 23 August. We will take off for 6 September as that's in my first week back of school and I'll likely be quite busy — but we'll be back to absolutely normal on 20 September. Deadline for next issue (if those dates haven't confused you enough) is 22 July, so start getting that copy in now!

For the present, that's all I have to say, but no doubt I'll think of other things very soon. Thank you all for reading, as always — and remember, if you like something, all authors love receiving compliments!


echomikeromeo


 

 
FICTION & POETRY

 

 

 

 
CARTOONS

 

 

 

 
REGULARS

 

 

 

 

 
FEATURES

 

 

 

 
h2g2 NEWS

 

 

 

 
The Post Box
Submissions Click Here
Editorial Feedback Click Here

  • The

    Post

    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A20082052

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more