A Conversation for h2g2 Announcements

Monday 16th December - 2014 h2g2 Annual Meet

Post 201

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Awww, that would be a pity, TC smiley - sadface

My first gig was Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky Mick & Titch some day in the late 60's smiley - cool

smiley - pirate

Post 202

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

My first proper gig, rather than a College gig, was The Eurythmics.

But.

Getting back to the original thread, I'm anticipating attending, if I can convince the Council to take a drastically reduced repayment.

Fingers crossed.

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Post 203

Pastey

I hope you can come MMF!

Post 204

Pastey, I will absolutely do my best, I promise.
You know how much I like Mancunia, and my new-found Mancunian friends.

smiley - ok

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Post 205

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - boing I hope so too smiley - grovel I've been to a depressingly small amount of gigs, though an aweful lot of 'pub gigs', and of course, as a child I briefly played guitar with the drummer who went on to be in the Darkness smiley - envysmiley - grrsmiley - weird I guess I've been to a 'select' group of gigs smiley - laugh Purple and Sabbath were the highlights though, really... MOst of the otters were a bit... nothing special in some ways smiley - sadface

Which tube line Is manchester on? I was trying to find it on the London underground map, and couldn't see it anywhere... smiley - whistlesmiley - winkeye

Post 206

You can call me TC

Well, I've heard it's in the North. Try the Northern Line.

Let us know if you need any help at Mornington Crescent.

Post 207

I was told to take the Circle Line and wait till somebody shouted "Manchester" smiley - silly

smiley - pirate

Post 208

Secretly Not Here Any More

It's funny because London is the centre of the universe.

Post 209

Yes smiley - ok

The centre of the universe known as London that is smiley - whistle

smiley - pirate

Post 210

Pastey

I do find it funny that when the BBC shifted a lot of staff up here they hated it. And yet now some of them absolutely love it.

The problem is the perception, all people know of the north is what they're told on telly, which isn't even half the story.

Post 211

You mean there's more to it than Coronation Street?

Scary!

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Post 212

Pastey

Yeah, there's the shootings in Moss Side and the constant thievery in Liverpool smiley - laugh

Post 213

FWR

Pastey, it is NOT constant thievery in Liverpool, they have a break when the footballs on! smiley - run

Post 214

Pastey

D'you reckon? I wouldn't leave a car in the car park outside the stadium, you won't have wheels on it when you come out*.

*Utterly not true, just a myth according to London based media**.

**Apparently.

Post 215

It's the same in every country, I guess smiley - shrug

People out on the rim of the universe called Denmark think the people in Copenhagen look down upon them and snicker about them behind their backs

I have lived in Copenhagen (twice) and I can tell you this is not true. At all! People in Copenhagen don't give even a fraction of a thought for people not living in Copenhagen smiley - laugh

smiley - pirate

Post 216

FWR

I shall now go and bravely hide from my beautiful Liverpool born wife! smiley - erm

Post 217

I was devistated, when I lived in Manchester for a year or so... No wippets, and I* was teh only person who I ever saw, who wore a flat-cap... smiley - winkeye and not a ferrit in sight, either smiley - alienfrown Mind, I did come to the conclusion that the myth about it constantly raining in Mancehster wasn't* a myth smiley - laughsmiley - weird Ooo... maybe I could wear one of my flap caps to the meet, not worn them in ages..... If I can recall where I hid them... smiley - alienfrown

Post 218

Pastey

You do see several people in flat caps now, the hipsters have taken to wearing them smiley - laugh

And yes, I know people with whippets and ferrets smiley - erm

Post 219

I kjnow people with ferrits, in Suffolk, and some pigeon keepers/fanciers there too smiley - weirdsmiley - biggrin

oo... the hipsters you say? I defo must dig out the flat cap... though... if my 8" tall stovepipe/Lincon topper arrives in time, I may have to wear that to the meet instead ... Its just the most impracticle hat I can find... smiley - laughsmiley - zen

One of the things I liked about Manchester, in the same way I liked it about London, when I lived there, anyhow, was how culturally diverse it was, Mind, I was a student so surrounded by a lot of overseas students probably helped in that perception of how diverse it was smiley - zen

Post 220

I know of the shootings in Moss Side first hand.

My Dr's surgery was in Moss Side, but Hulme was worse. Took my life in my hands every time I walked through. Was Molotoved going to vote one year. Not good. Girl had her tights melted to her leg where some flammable liquid flew onto her leg.

Weirdest part was seeing Coppers walking through with night sticks. That WAS scary…

I smiley - love Manchester.

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more