A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What is wrong with Americans?

Post 6781

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

maybe he's a brummie

smiley - cheers

Post 6782

Saturnine

smiley - huh

Post 6783

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

it was a refference to his post, where he says brummies are a bit slow on the up take.

smiley - cheers

Post 6784

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

Saturnine, you're exactly right, and marriage is not a religious institution. Marriage is a civil convention between two people, and in some states, all it takes is to declare that you're married. In Texas, two people can live together for 90 days and declare that they're married under common law.

The Constitution of the United States has no place in civil law. Civil law is for the city and the state. Bush is once again trying to assert his power where he has none.

Post 6785

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Because people here knew him, I just want to tell you all that Empty Sky died yesterday, at about 2 .a.m, 2nd March 2004, New Zealand time.
Maths Wizard and Apparition are his nephews, and I am his oldest sister.

Post 6786

U195408

Holy sh*t Della...I'm so sorry.

Post 6787

I don't really know what to say. I'm sorry for you guys.

smiley - cheers

Post 6788

clzoomer- a bit woobly

smiley - sadface

*No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were.
Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.*

John Donne

Post 6789

Saturnine

Sad to hear that Della. Hope you and the other two get through it OK. Remember that hootoo is always here for you.

smiley - peacedove

Post 6790

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Empty Sky!smiley - rose

Maths,Wizard, Apparition and Della I am saddend to learn of your loss.
smiley - peacedove

Post 6791

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

What a shocking post to stumble upon.
What an amazing family too!smiley - love
I did not know you all are familysmiley - smiley
smiley - peacedove

Post 6792

Outrider

smiley - peacedove
Della
I hope that all your memories will bring a smile to your face.

Saturine,

Yes, it was a smiley - tongueincheek to the first posts. There are too many to catch up properly.

And no, I'm not a Brummie. I do however carry a longbow when I'm in my home town!

Post 6793

Dinsdale

Ah, so you live in Derby then.

Post 6794

Outrider

No. But I do know what the pentagon is, and I swear never to use it again.

Post 6795

I'm guessing you live in chester and use it to shoot welshmen? If so I salute you on performing such a noble task.

smiley - cheers

Post 6796

Outrider

Live, no! Born, yeah.

Even though we're allowed to shoot the welsh, we're not allowed to kill.

"Oops! Sorry, I only meant to shoot you." Doesn't sound right somehow?

Post 6797

Also Ran1-hope springs eternal

Dear Della smiley - rose

I am so sorry to hear about the death of your brother. although I have not met you before, I have just been to your site and have read both about you and your brother - and also a little about your nephews nephews.

Why did em;ty sky put (remember me fondly) in brackets after his name? Had he been ill for some time?

The son of a close friend of mine has just died and so I am also in a state of disbelief/suspension.

It would be good to have you write something about your brother. He sounds a super guy and I liked his postings very much.

With deep sympathy

Also Ran1 smiley - schooloffish

Post 6798

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Hello, Also Ran 1, thank you for what you said - also Saturnine, cl zoomer, Dave,abbi normal and others...
He put what he did because, and this is hard for me to write, but I should be honest - it was suicide. "While the balance of his mind was disturbed" as they used to say in coroner's court, in the olden days.
He had suffered from clinical depression. We didn't know he's changed his introduction or his nickname, he must have done it in the middle of the night - else we would have suspected - maybe.
But thank you all for your kind words.

Post 6799

tonemonkey(Steve Cooper, of BLiM fame (?!) contact me!)

A shocking loss. My thoughts are with you.

Post 6800

Mistygirl

Della and Family,I dont konw you,but my thoughts are with you at this sad time,please accept my deepest sympathy...Sandra

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more