A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What's Wrong With Americans

Post 5501

Oetzi Oetztaler....Anti Apartheid

Recip Zoom...bfn

Isn't Dick's hand getting a little... well... dirty?

Post 5502

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

Now You Too Can Control Dubya! Make Him Say Whatever You Want! Declare War In Your Own Back Yard! Own The Dummy That Made Cheney Famous!

http://www.greatlakesscienceandnovelty.com/Model51.html

smiley - evilgrin

Post 5503

A snip at $75. So that's what you do with your artistic talent?
!!

Post 5504

Empty Sky (Remember me fondly.)

That's brilliant! I've got to get one.

It's too much like the real George and constructed of exactly the same materials. Saddam Hussein had human standins, George W has gone for even more accuracy.

smiley - smiley

Post 5505

Oetzi, it's the real thing - I'm not making this up!

Yup - made from wood from a real bush smiley - winkeye

Post 5506

I know...it's a HOOT!

Post 5507

BryceColluphid

[BC]

What's wrong with the USA?

Post 5508

Acknowledged Bryce...Hello!

Post 5509

badger party tony party green party

Hello folks, seems I opened a can of worms back there.

Well said though Zoomer this is a conversation and no one is out to hurt anyone even though our positions can annoy others at times.

Lets take any suposed racism out of this argument sall we and look at another smaller scale and therefore easier to analyse case of land theft shall we.

A few hundered years back the British Government stole hundreds of square miles of land from a people who had no "formal" claims to the land. These people who lived and worked the land has many generations of their ancestors had were removed from the land and forced to pay others if they wished to work it or work for those who the Government gave the land to. Either one of those options was seen as preferable to starving or moving to the cities to work and live in conditions that were detremental to their health.

In the cities the people worked fourteen hour shifts in the factories for a pittance from the ages of sometimes as young as five years old. They lived in conditions that bread disease and survived below or just above the poverty line. The people who had displaced these people from the land veiwed the squalour of their exsistence as something they either chose or DESERVED because they were not worthy or capable of any better. It was not until the efforts of enlightened reformers like Fry, and Rowntree that conditions began to improve for the workin (previously pesant) class of Britain began to improve.

This is the way that the British have treated the British. The ruling class whose corrupt use of enclosure acts meant they could "legally" steal land from those without the knowledge or power to resist. The ruling class demonized the two roots of my family to excuse their greedy exploitation of their fellow man. One root was (and still is in may ways) cast as worthless people. Yes they were uneducated, dirty, landless and given to drinking too much cheap gin but that is a postion they were put in because they had been stripped of the means to look after themselves properly. The other branch cast as sub-human because their skin was a different colour (and for some people this is still the way they see non-whites). Not being human they could be trated as property and as property could not own the means to better themselves in much the same way as their British white counterparts.

All this so that those who were already rich could be richer.

Of course you can put the recent history of Iraq ahead of the last sentence and it would still be as true for the people of Iraq and Americans.

So in answer to the question; What is wrong with Americans I have to conclude nothing that was not and is not also wrong with practically every rich and powerful nation that has proceede it.

smiley - rainbow

Post 5510

ABSOLUTELY!

Post 5511

Boxing Baboon 2

[BB]

zZZZzzzz

Post 5512

RAF Wing... Lookee I'm Invisible!!

Whatever Zoomer.

I wouldn't take it too seriously though. I think you like jerking my chain as much as I like jerking yours so we're even probably.

Anyways it doesn't really matter now because I'll be going home after Thanksgiving for good because I want to be with my family when the melikans get flushed down the toilet of history okay?

You take care and keep snowing them from the Great White North. With the kind of dolts you get around here it ain't that hard right? And be nice to Anhaga okay? He's a good white man and they ain't all dead unlike the good injuns.

Later dude but don't pray for it.

Post 5513

RAF Wing... Lookee I'm Invisible!!

Oh yeah, Badger, I almost forgot. Since I got here I been trying to get your point across but because it was coming from me it's always been sort of construed as racist, but you can get away with it probably.

So what was done in Europe has been done in America and around the world. You'd think the jerks would have learn wouldn't you? But no, they just keep doing the same crap expecting different results maybe, sort of like drunks.

And it's profitable too, at least in the short term and as for the long term, well they don't care nothing about their grandchildren or anybody else's. That's how it is. End of story.

Anyways take care and pump the bilges once in awhile so your island doesn't sink. Remember me in your dreams if you want. I wouldn't waste any time with the prayers.

Post 5514

All those Londoners need to be out protesting the visit of Bush! Blicky, write 'Bush Go Home' on your buttocks and moon the President for me while he's in town, will ya?

Post 5515

Boxing Baboon 2

bush as done a good job It is now bye bye saddam and here comes the freedom.smiley - smiley

ZZZzzzzZzz

Post 5516

You know Babs these folks are foreigners!

WE LOVE THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

thats from
Oetzi and Babs

Post 5517

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

One for me too, while you're there...smiley - peacedove

Post 5518

Boxing Baboon (half here an half there )

I dont actually love let me make that point clearsmiley - biggrin . Hes dont a great job removing saddam .Now its time moved onto Iran

Post 5519

Moth

If there is a perception about something being wrong with Americans. It's possibly their history.
That is a load of people from *Europe* colonised it and although having a wonderful theoretical constitution, didn't really back it up with enough action relative to that constitution. These Europeans also seemed to fail to notice that the country was already inhabited, with people who had their own constitution.
These Europenas, in the main, escaped to the Big Country to escape persecution. Unfortunately they forgot to leave it behind them when they left home.
So it seems to me that what is mostly wrong with Americans is that they are from the rest of the world! smiley - biggrin
On the whole perhaps Americans (If such a creature truly exists) appear to be guilty of the same crimes as the rest of the world whilst owning a bigger stick.

Post 5520

On the button Moth
Babs your a STAR!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more