A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What's your favourite Bible verse?

Post 21

taliesin

>>But, while love is important, "All you need is love" is not actually quite what the bible says at all.<<

It does according to my interpretation. smiley - winkeye

Of course, the bible says a lot of things, but you asked for favourite bits, and that particular bit pretty much says exactly that

Gissa smiley - hugsmiley - smooch

smiley - run

Post 22

kuzushi

<< "All you need is love" is not actually quite what the bible says at all.>>

Hmm, on reflection, it isn't a bad paraphrase, I suppose

Post 23

Effers;England.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Revelation 13:18

smiley - evilgrin

Post 24

taliesin

See? Ya big goof!

smiley - kiss

smiley - laugh

smiley - run

Post 25

J

1 Peter 3-7
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade - kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith - of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire - may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."

Post 26

anachromaticeye

I just w*ki'd Revelations to see if there were any links to Hammer Horror films and found this..

"one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle"

What are the hell paps?

Post 27

swl

boobs

Post 28

Effers;England.

smiley - erm I think paps might be buttocks?

Post 29

anachromaticeye

Not Password Authentication Protocol then. smiley - erm

"If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also"

Post 30

taliesin

smiley - tits

Post 31

Effers;England.

Well plump cushiony things of some description, somewhere on the body...

Post 32

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

<.

Yes, hi Jordan, that's awesome!

Vicky

Post 33

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Oh, a different Jordan, from what I thought...(Confuserating). Hi anyway! smiley - biggrin

Post 34

taliesin

"And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked."

Luke 11:27

I hasten to add the above is not even close to being one of my favourites, and is quoted here merely in reference to the 'paps' digression smiley - erm

Post 35

Effers;England.

smiley - rofl

Paps are smiley - cool for sucking wherever they are, top or bottom, back or front..

Post 36

anachromaticeye

"Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth"

smiley - winkeye

Post 37

Beatrice

Proverbs 31 verses 6-8
"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more. Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute."

Post 38

Taff Agent of kaos

shortest verse in the bible

Jesus wept

dont know the numbers but its my fav. my granny used it instead of swearing

smiley - bat

Post 39

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

I do hate to paraphrase like this, but i've never found it again since a bored night in a hotel room with a gideons to keep me company...

but there was a phrase in it, near the end I think, where it stated that 'thos who do not believe that jesus is the son of god are the antichrist' (it was put a lot better than that) Which puts paid to all of those who claim to be 'the' antichrist. I get a strong impression it's a plural title to cover all non-believers. At the time I liked it cos it meant Marylin manson was talking out of his... ar-Elbow. For a change...

Post 40

Taff Agent of kaos

when i was in the army we had a happy clappy god botherer who would come arround the block and "be there" for you, he was the type that would come for a "chat" and you could never get rid of,

i looked up the chapter and verse in revelation for the "pale rider and his name is death and hades follows close behind" wrote the numbers on a notice and put it on my door

he never bothered me from then on

smiley - bat

Key: Complain about this post