A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Opinions Please..........

Post 21

Researcher 195767

Creachy,

It may not happen completely into a unified thing, but it does not have to. You will see a coming together into a unified thing of sorts, where each 'respects' each others 'interpretation' of things. This will never include the Christians of course, but the nominals will join it in droves.

I agree with you, Islamic fundamentalists are nutters! But so are those of the Catholic religion, Hindu religion, Buddhist religion, and others! (Fundamentalist Christians do what the Lord Jesus says, and never harm anyone, of course. They could not do it.)

I have studied Islam to some degree, and if you knew what I knew you would not hold quite the same position that you do. Have a read of a really good book on the subject, complete with checkable references, "The Islamic Invasion", by Robert Morey. It is from a Christian point of view of course, but it contains much useful info.

Justin

Post 22

Researcher 195767

Noggin,

OK, thank you.

J.

Opinions Please.........

Post 23

Researcher 195767

Gnomon,

Yes, there is a big difference. What outsiders look upon as 'Christian' and 'Christianity' is usually nothing to do with it. The vast majority of people in the UK say that they are Christians, (72+%)but only about 10% go to church regularly. Amongst them there are the nominals and the real Christians, but I would not expect you to know the difference. Hence your surprise at my comment.

J.

Post 24

Researcher 195767

Third Man,

Yes, you are absolutely right. And they are prepared to enforce their religion by all force necessary, just like those of the Catholic and Hindu religions. You have seen the recent news reports about recent attacks on Christians in India for instance, I am sure.

J.

Post 25

Researcher 195767

Crescent,

But what about what I asked for opinions on?

There is an old saying; 'In a minority the RC religion is like a dove, in equality it is like a fox, and in a majority it is like a tiger'. It cannot get away with what it used to do nowadays, as it wants to be seen as you say, for its own reasons. However, they have much in common with the Muslim's religion, and really should get together, in my view.

J.

Opinions Please.........

Post 26

Gnomon - time to move on

So in your posting 12, you were using "Christianity" to mean the organised religion including the nominal Christians, but your were using "Christians" to mean the Fundamentalist Christians, which you consider to be only true believers.

Please don't make comments about whether I can tell the difference between one type of Christian and another. My question was asking you to clarify your obscure posting, since you had used the word Christianity to mean something totally different to its normal meaning, which is "the religion derived from Jesus Christ, based on the Bible as sacred scripture, and professed by Eastern, Roman Catholic, and Protestant bodies".

Post 27

Kaz

'(Fundamentalist Christians do what the Lord Jesus says, and never harm anyone, of course. They could not do it.)'

'I agree that many wicked men who call themselves 'Christians' have cause all sorts of wars, but no Christian ever has, as disciples of Jesus do what He says, "Love your enemies." '

So real Christians never cause wars, hmmmmmmm. But you are a 'real' christian and you like to cause to dissension and hate. Hatred against women, you compare feminists to peodophiles which is offensive and sick. You hate homosexuals, you hate all other religions. You appear to me as a warmonger.

You believe in a bible which preaches that men who have suffered from testicular cancer should be banned from the church. Thats just one example of the cruelty which is in the old testament which you follow.

Deuteronomy 23:1 "No one who is emasculated or has his male organ cut off shall enter the assembly of the LORD.

Opinions Please.........

Post 28

Researcher 195767

Gnomon,

Not quite, no. I was merely relaying what the Bible says, that only a genuine Christian can tell who is and who is not the Lord's. The vast majority of what you would call 'fundamentalist Christians' are not saved either! It is nothing to do with whether I consider whether someone to be 'the only true believers'. What I think does not define anything. The issue is simply 'have they been born again of the Holy Spirit of God?' Any Christian will tell you that the bane of a Christian's life, and that of The Church, is nominalim; folks who say that they are Christians, but plainly show that they are not.

The definition you use for 'Christian' is the world's way of looking at it, and it is not the definition that God uses. You are right. Christians do not use the world's definition, as Almighty God does not, and they would not be loyal to Him if they used anything else. I am sure you agree that that is a fair proposition.

Yours, Justin

Hidden

Post 29

badger party tony party green party

Justin, Thirdman, you both seem unable to differentiate Saudi Arabia and the laws that the ruling regime instigate and Islam.

To put it simply theose laws and the people have as much in common with Islam as the Pope and Justin have in common.

They are not the same thing. It does make hypocrites in a way of the Saudis to build mosques elsewhere when they do not permit freedom of religion but we can not call their actions Islam anymore than we can call the inquisiton Christianity. Both are examples of people using each creed in an extremely intolerant way whilst being part of the same group that gives us organisations like the red crescent and red cross.

one love smiley - rainbow

Post 30

azahar

Kaz,

Beat me to it. smiley - ok

az

Post 31

Researcher 195767

Kaz,

All those who have tasted of God; that is, all real Christians (about 0.5% of the UK population. (Don't know where you are)), love holiness and hate sin of ALL sorts. BUT they do not hate the sinner! You have completely misuderstood.

NO Christian would take up arms against, or hurt, any sinner. What for?! All Christians were sinners once too, and the capacity to do the very worst that any sinner can once lay in them too!

I DO NOT follow the Old Testament. Where did you get that idea from? Just curious........

J.

Hidden

Post 32

the third man(temporary armistice)n strike)

Blicky, your reply is a variation on the 'we must differentiate between Nazis and Germans', it is still a fact that millions of non-nazis joined the bandwagon. We now even have 'Islamic Cola' to defy 'the American Imperialists'.

Hidden

Post 33

azahar

'In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.'
-Carl Sagan, astronomer and writer (1934-1996)

smiley - smiley

<> (Justin)

My opinion is that your above quote sounds very harsh and negative and cynical knowing you are saying it. But read with a different voice I'd go along with this being a positive step, as are all attempts at understanding.

<>

smiley - groan Only easily interpreted this way by the likes of you, Justin.

az

Post 34

Kaz

You have told me that you follow the old testament. Have you know changed your mind on that? The new testament preaches forgiveness and inclusion, you obviously do not believe in that, so what do you follow.

As for baptised in the holy spirit, been there done that, revoked it, just a childish needy stage I went through.

Post 35

Kaz

Waves to az, you know sometimes I wonder why we bother with this?! He changes his mind so often!

Hidden

Post 36

Researcher 195767

Azahar,

Thank you for your comments.

J.

Post 37

Researcher 195767

Kaz,

I have never, EVER, told ANYONE that I follow the Old Testament! How on earth did you arrive at that idea!?!

The New Testament does NOT preach 'forgiveness and inclusion' at all! I have a Bible College Degree, and I read the Bible at length most days, and yet you seem to have superior knowledge to me.....

I am sorry that you have been through some sort of 'experience' which turned out to be so worthless you can throw it away. You have my every sympathy, but you must not assume that that is what I have too, dear heart!

Justin

Post 38

azahar

hi Kaz, smiley - smiley

I see it as a sort of public service. Why, just the other day Justin told a fellow researcher that her two small children (aged 3 and 4) were evil and would end up becoming whoring/fornicators,etc etc. As this researcher was not familiar with Justin and may have mistaken him for someone even remotely sane, I stepped in before she got upset and set her straight.

All in a day's work. smiley - winkeye

az

Post 39

Kaz

Nasty behaviour, why does he hate children so much? Sounds like a service I was doing with another 'researcher' recently! Arn't we good?! Have some smiley - choc

Post 40

Kaz

'and yet you seem to have superior knowledge to me.....'

thank you very much!

'dear heart', its all gone a bit magic roundabout! smiley - silly

Key: Complain about this post