A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Thread about things that are WRONG

Post 21

¦/ArTisAn\¦

Is a Pugwash not the bathing of a very small ugly dog?smiley - erm

Post 22

dasilva

Does that mean my nervous sheepdog could have a case of the Collie Wobbles? smiley - silly

Post 23

Apparition™ (Mourning Empty the best uncle anyone could wish for)

M$ did not make DOS
M$ did not make BASIC

All I could think of this sodit morning

Post 24

dasilva

Nor did Adobe create Photoshop in the first instance...good ol' George

Post 25

country 'music'

Post 26

Parker

mullets, they're just...... criminal.

Post 27

smiley - groan I know what you mean. My mother in law got one a few weeks back.

Post 28

Sesostris

Man DID land on the Moon. Anyone can bounce a laser beam off the reflector arrays that the astronauts left behind.

Post 29

Sierra Indigo - now Cheesecakethulhu flavoured

The new login. Thank you very, very much BBC, for making a site that was previously a pleasure to use, into the demon bitch site from hell. This thing is worse to navigate than a 14 year old goth reject's javascript laden angst site.

Oh, and if anyone would be so kind, can you please put some comments in feedback about exactly how much THIS SUCKS for me? I would, but APPARENTLY I'M NOT LOGGED IN!

Post 30

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Your mother in law? smiley - weird!
Another thing which is wrong - King Canute did *not* try to hold back the tide, he did the reverse. He took his courtiers down to the foreshore to show them that he could not hold the tide back, and show them that he was sick of their obsequious smarming. People I hear *always* get this wrong.
While I am at it, Marie Antoinette did *not* say 'Let them eat cake.' It was some else a century previous!

Post 31

Apparently, I am not either.smiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wah What is that about?

Post 32

Mu Beta

A geeky materials science debunking:

Many people claim that old glass windows are thicker at the bottom because glass is a supercooled liquid, which slowly diffuses downwards according to gravity.

This is utter rubbish - glass is indeed a supercooled liquid, but the diffusion rate means that to reach said proportions would take about 50,000 years. The windows were in fact made in that shape due to a combination of primitive glassworking and the fact that windows thicker at the bottom are much easier to fit.

B

Post 33

The Groob

"This thing is worse to navigate than a 14 year old goth reject's javascript laden angst site."

Chuckle! I love that!

Post 34

It's driving me nuts - not the design so much but the 'technical problems'. smiley - wah

Post 35

Mu Beta

Give them a break - it's only been up and running for five hours. I have faith that we will be experiencing a perfectly-working server by the end of this week.

B

Post 36

I hope so! Someone pointed out (rightly) to me that it's 23.00 GMT there, and that I was being unfair. That's quite correct, and I feel heaps better - they even gave me smiley - cake bless them!

Post 37

Mu Beta

In fairness, the Community have been unfair at much more antisocial times of the night. I think they are handling this relatively peacefully, as a matter of fact.

Either that or they've given up trying to login. smiley - biggrin

B

Post 38

smiley - esuom

Post 39

Sierra Indigo - now Cheesecakethulhu flavoured

I'd say it's the latter, B.

Post 40

dasilva

After 10 years of net use, I'm quite smiley - zen about things not working smiley - silly

As a matter of interest B - how does the glass being thicker at the bottom make it easier to fit? smiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more