A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Queues

Post 221

Baconlefeets

Queues

Post 222

IctoanAWEWawi

i wonder why someone left that in the aisle? Or maybe it was on promotion perhaps?

*goes off to look at this cheese girl 2Legs is smiley - drooling after*

Queues

Post 223

Baconlefeets

flies?

Queues

Post 224

IctoanAWEWawi

flying trolleys? They haven;t got those in my local supermarket yet smiley - sadface

*wants flying trolleys*

Queues

Post 225

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - runsmiley - puff Where did that 'Cheese Girl' go? smiley - huhsmiley - laughsmiley - run

Queues

Post 226

Baconlefeets

smiley - erm yeah...I want a flying trolley too!

Queues

Post 227

redpeckhamthegreatpompomwithnobson

certainly not looking for a 'man' on a hairdryer

Queues

Post 228

whilst all hell breaks loose redpeck nips to the front of the queuesmiley - smiley

Queues

Post 229

AgProv2

A sociological observation, with no moral.

Piccadilly Gardens, Manchester. (the central bus station)

Two adjoining bus stops, at five-thirty PM.

At the 204/5 to Hyde, Ashton and Denton, a VERY orderly queue, snaking round the Gardens in Indian-file, with two hundred people patiently awaiting their bus. No fuss, no bother, just a well-defined queue.

Next door, the 192 to Stockport via Longsight.

this is a great unwieldy scrum of a bus-stop, a mass of people fighting and scrambling and all trying to get on the bus first, regardless of the fact the 192 is probably the fastest and most frequent bus-service in Manchester.

Same city, same people, same place. But does this mean people in Ashton and Hyde and Denton are better behaved and better brought up than people from Longsight or Stockport?

As I'm from Stockport, this question bothers me...

Queues

Post 230

*notices the queue has grown to a satisfactory length, stops running about, grabs a packet of razors and joins the back of the queue smiley - biggrin

Queues

Post 231

IctoanAWEWawi

*nervously edges away from the sight of 2Legs with a pack of razors*
*didn;t know you could still buy cut throat raxors!*

Queues

Post 232

smiley - biggrin Well, strictly speaking you can't...; these are the next best thing; electric cut throat razors! smiley - evilgrin

Queues

Post 233

being 'brought up well' is an artifact of the old class system. its finished cos it now serves no purpose cos the empire is finished. the people have woken up. Long live the scrum - why do you think we won the rugby world cup?

Queues

Post 234

IctoanAWEWawi

Hmmm, I think I might just have to disagree with you there redpeckhamthegratewinkeye. I believe we won the rugby by scoring moire points than the other team. Which I know is terribly bad manners and, 100 years ago, we'd have let the plucky colonists win smiley - winkeye

Queues

Post 235

I never saw a toff in a queue. Queus were always for the prols. Now the prols have stopped tugging the forlock we might even start winning at cricket cos the old farts are a dying breed in all walks of life

Queues

Post 236

Baconlefeets

Queues

Post 237

Geggs

I know this is terribly bad form, but seeing as this convo is about queues and queuing, I thought I would mention the entry on the front page today - Bus Stop Logic - A1941554.

Just so that it's clear, it's not one of mine, but I do quite like it. And it's the first Edited entry of Yael, so I think we should be encouraging them.

Geggs

Queues

Post 238

I do believe I made a comment or two in the peer review thread for that entry smiley - tongueoutsmiley - biggrin Good article BTW smiley - smiley Very subtle plug smiley - biggrinsmiley - erm *returns to queueing, notices he is near the front and leaves the queue, putting back on the shelf the items he has in his basket and reenters the shopping isles, looking for some other stuff smiley - ermsmiley - book

Queues

Post 239

The Halibut

*the halibut picks up a newspaper (again), and a bunch of bannanas
*throws bannanas at customers smiley - evilgrin

Queues

Post 240

*goes wild in teh isles and looks for 'Dale' smiley - ermsmiley - yikes *dodges bannanas

Key: Complain about this post