A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Queues

Post 181

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I've brought my own bag!

Queues

Post 182

Baconlefeets

it better be a binbag, the other assistants might get worried smiley - weird

Queues

Post 183

*reaches the front of the queue and moves back to the back of the queue smiley - ermsmiley - weird

Queues

Post 184

Baconlefeets

Queues

Post 185

IctoanAWEWawi

nor money back
nor special offers
no I don;t want you to pack it for me either.

Whatever happened to going into a shop, picking up the goods you want, going to the checkout and paying them good old fashioned cash?

So much faster / simpler / easier.

*chooses most attractive looking cashier and stands in the queue for her checkout*

Queues

Post 186

'Would you like us to pack that for you?'
'There is 12 bottles of beer, a loaf of bread and some cheese, I'm sure I could just about handle that thank you.'
'how would you like to pay?'
'What would you prefer, bartering, potatos, Euros, American dollars, or the more traditional, yet strangely boring, UK Pounds sterling.'
'Do you have one of our collect points store card things?'
'no, don't want one either.'
smiley - erm 'Excuess me, can I just* buy this weekly shop?'
'Why certainly sir, how would you like to pay for that?, do you have a store card? do you have a points card? Do you have a super MKII store card combined with double point award petrol voucher scheme, which, because you get your electricity, gas, petrol, grocerys, life insurance, car insurance, pet insurance, house contents insurance, building insurance, holiday insurance, banking and car loan, and house mortgage, and mobile phone and clothes from here, gives you special double points on selected items from the 'healthy eating', 'perfect balance', and 'everyday' colections, excluding speciic items not availible in the morning?'.
'no.'

Queues

Post 187

IctoanAWEWawi

*sharpens knife*
Ready for the 'Im only buying half a carrot but I'm still going to talk to the cashier for 15mins because I come here everyday for my half a carrot and I don;t give a stuff about inconveniencing anyone else' type people.

Queues

Post 188

The Halibut

*the halibut jumps into someones shopping trolley...

Queues

Post 189

Hay! smiley - bigeyes Wats this? smiley - erm its like reverse people taking stuff out of your trolley cause they can't be bothred to find it on the shelves, someone put this in my basket! smiley - erm I didn't even want this kind of smiley - fish ... smiley - erm *rejoins back of queue

Queues

Post 190

Baconlefeets

*steps around the "WARNING! wet surface" sign with the little dude slipping*

Queues

Post 191

*skates across the 'danger wet floor' area smiley - zoom Weeeeee! smiley - yikessmiley - doh *collides with a stack of bread smiley - huh

Queues

Post 192

Baconlefeets

saturday job kid gives 2legs dirty look and storms off into break room.

*buys more ham slices*

Queues

Post 193

*goes hunting out the picori and samosas and cheese smiley - footprintssmiley - erm *changes mind and chases Saturday boy into room smiley - run

Queues

Post 194

Baconlefeets

are there settee's in there? *peaks round corner*

Queues

Post 195

Yep, sure are smiley - biggrin *relaxing back in the 'break room' ordering the 'Saturday boy' to go get items from all about the shop smiley - biggrin come in, there is a coffee machine too smiley - coffeesmiley - teasmiley - ojsmiley - alesmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - bubblysmiley - redwinesmiley - stoutsmiley - magicsmiley - porkpie

Queues

Post 196

Baconlefeets

oooooOOOoooOOhhhHH smiley - ermsmiley - stiffdrink please! *looks at funny pics of people on fridge door*

Queues

Post 197

smiley - biggrinsmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrink ,smiley - magic *sets fire to teh curtains

Queues

Post 198

Baconlefeets

*Big Boss Bloke walks in*smiley - erm *points at saturday kid* he did it!
*knocks over coffee table* He did that too!

Queues

Post 199

*punches big boxx guy in the nose and rips off his 'name badge'
'Hay, the saturday kid just hit you maan' smiley - erm

Queues

Post 200

Baconlefeets

*notices staff nickin custard creams out of corner of eye*

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more