A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Bowel Cancer and Me - A1050986

Post 61

Ythika the purple giraffe - Minister for Unusual Musical Instruments

Surely we can make you some. Adding green food colouring can't be too hard. smiley - biggrin

Y

Post 62

Ythika the purple giraffe - Minister for Unusual Musical Instruments

I forgot

Post 63

The one and only BOB (Knight of the attack penguin puppet masters)(We are Susan Winkle. Join us. A1097363)

If there are no ice cream delivery services then perhaps a new market has been identified.

Post 64

Gubernatrix

But there are. Watrose (www.ocado.co.uk) do something called 'mint chocolate' ice-cream, but I don't think that's quite the thing...

Post 65

Gubernatrix

But there are. Waitrose (www.ocado.co.uk) do something called 'mint chocolate' ice-cream, but I don't think that's quite the thing...

Post 66

Bels - an incurable optimist. A1050986

Anyway I've started growing my own supplies of fresh mint and ginger. In case you didn't know, these are both supposed to be very good natural remedies for nausea.

I can make my own ice cream of course, but might have to buy in supplies of choc chips, though I could probably manage without.

Post 67

PQ

I can attest to ginger - only cure I've found that stops my travel sickness is ginger biscuits - I prefer the ones with the chunks of ginger in.

Beware real ginger sold in jars of syrup though - it's lethal - very hot and strong, I put some in a smoothie and nearly blew my head off.

Lakeland (http://www.lakelandlimited.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/GBP/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=un5PD5utUns1-qVaqrVECTNtAKKuQQrk1X0=?CatalogCategoryID=vxzCy5OSO3AAAADj3NSEgEQJ) do a lovely range of ginger stuffsmiley - drool

Post 68

Abi

>>>only cure I've found that stops my travel sickness is ginger biscuits

Same for me. Well I use ginger capsules but biscuits sounds much nicer.

Post 69

ismarah - fuelled by M&Ms

If you're like me and have IBS and an eroded diaphragm, then mint is not prescribed - in fact it's on the list of things I'm not allowed to eat, along with cream, fat, caffeine, chocolate, alcohol and some other stuff I like smiley - sadface
Although since it's a question of feeling well, then it's not such a sacrifice.

Besides, I've found out that I'm ok to eat chocolate in small amounts and I live on Cokeeeeeeee (to rhyme with weeeeeeee and gleeeeeeee) smiley - silly

How are you doing Bels? I'd offer to sing an aria for you if I was in shape, voice-wise. How about you just singing for us, I'm sure that would be much better... smiley - winkeye

cheerssmiley - disco ismarah

Post 70

The one and only BOB (Knight of the attack penguin puppet masters)(We are Susan Winkle. Join us. A1097363)

Ginger Ice cream?

I think that would make me nauseaus.

Post 71

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Just stopping in to say Hi to Belssmiley - smiley

Ginger ice cream! smiley - yuk

Fresh ground ginger in recipes helps with nausea too.
smiley - disco

Post 72

GreyDesk

I've eaten ginger ice cream. It's really really nice smiley - biggrin

I wish I could remember where I bought it from, cos' then I could go back there and buy some more.

Post 73

Actually there's no reason why a hint of ginger in ice cream should be any worse than, say, mint. It's just unusual. However I do remember once my kids, while on holiday in France, getting some chewing-gum flavour ice cream (the French pronounce it something like 'shwingahm'). That was really disgusting.

There's one ice cream flavour I had a while back which sounds very strange, and I was very reluctant to try, but it was in a restaurant and the waitress said it was her favourite and really tried to get me to have some, so I did and it was fantastic, and you won't believe it, because I certainly didn't till I tried it. Brown bread. That's right, brown bread ice cream.

That was in a restaurant in Hereford. I've never seen that flavour anywhere else. They probably made it themselves.

Btw I am hoping to do an update to the entry shortly. I don't want to keep saying that and then not doing it, but I think there may be a window coming up shortly.

Post 74

Cutiechops:0)...............' THE LOUNGS '.............NUMBER 1FAN''...;0)

hiyyaaa belssmiley - cuddle

just passin by,so thought id stop n say hiyyaaasmiley - biggrin..
oh & hugesmiley - hug......smiley - smiley
i hope ur treatment is goin well,il read ur entry wen uv done it,so let us all know wen uv done itsmiley - smiley

think bout ya loads,,,smiley - hug

be strong &keep smilinsmiley - smiley

all my luv 2u..mrs bels..&babybels

EM--XXXX
smiley - diva

ps.........................................smiley - hug

Post 75

Fathom

Hi, Bels; big hugs smiley - hug

Popped by to give you my best wishes. My love to your husband and children too - it must be hard for them right now as well.

We had some lemon meringue ice cream in a pub in Broadway, Gloucestershire recently. Strange but delicious. smiley - smiley

Be strong.

Take care.

F

Post 76

Abi

My mum used to make brown bread ice cream. Bels is right, it was truly truly spectacular.

Post 77

Cutiechops:0)...............' THE LOUNGS '.............NUMBER 1FAN''...;0)

eeeeeeeeeesmiley - yuksmiley - yuksmiley - yuk...sounds disgustin...smiley - yuk

Post 78

Abi, do you have a recipe for brown bread ice cream?

Would you write an entry on brown bread ice cream? Please?

Post 79

azahar

Hi Bels, smiley - hug

How are you today?

Re: icecream. In Spain they have some weird ice cream flavours that I have never seen elsewhere. Two that immediately come to mind are pine-nut icecream and carrot icecream. But there are plenty more strange ones that I cannot remember right now.

btw. I think that ginger icecream sounds quite fine.

az

smiley - smiley

Post 80

SomeMuppet

Hope you are well today Bels

Just stopping by to bookmark

KJ

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more