A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Who has the world's weirdest cat?

Post 281

Coniraya

I'm in agreement too. I have always kept my smiley - cat in at night. If nothing else there are too many fireworks going off all year to risk it.

On the other hand No2 brother's smiley - catsmiley - cat used to want to go out at night. His view was that they are night hunters by nature so they would be let out each night. He did make sure they had a bolt hole in the garage to go to though. Now the poor things are too old to even attempt to go out during the day, so they are now kept in.

Post 282

azahar

hi Lady and Caerwynn,

Well, it is different if they have a choice in the matter. But just to be chucked out at night . . . smiley - sadface

Mine all sleep in my bed, quite comfy, and I often wake up looking like a pretzel smiley - biggrin from the cats 'making themselves comfortable' during the night, which meant I had to make room for them.

az

Post 283

Coniraya

No1 son (23 and still living at home) said he woke up thinking his legs were paralysed, to discover that his legs were freezing cold because they were hanging over the side of the bed whilst Cassie smiley - cat was stretched nice and comfy thank you on the rest of it!

It serves him right, because ever morning he shakes his vitamin pill bottle and calls for Cassie. She careens across the kitchen thinking she is going to get a second brekkie only find that he is teasing her.

Post 284

hellboundforjoy

Chuck (mentioned in a previous posting) adopted my parents. They think he probably had a perfectly good home but decided my parents was better. Maybe he was put out at night. I don't think pets should be kept outside. There is a movement here to not let cats out at all for various reasons. I disagree with that however also. I don't think cat owners should be forced to keep cats indoors.

Back here in Minnesota, Bingers is happily humping a blanket.

Post 285

Big Red

Kute kat story: This morning I retrieved a few of Mars' toys from under the sofa, where they all end up eventually, along with several other things he had batted under there, and he immediately started slamming one of his favorite balls around the floor. Within 60 seconds he raced over to where I was sitting, bounced his paws on my knees, meowed, raced back to the couch and crouched down beside it. I quickly understood that that meant he'd already knocked his ball under it again. I thought that was rather bright of him.

Post 286

logicus tracticus philosophicus

henry found a toy he hasnt played with for three years, i have had as cat toy for sixteen years ,funnily enough its a rubber pencil head toy, just light and easily tossable

Post 287

azahar

Well, logicus already knows about this and has been a great support. It's written in my journal entry:

F119314?thread=380831

Lua might have cancer - I'll know more on Wednesday. I'm really not doing very well with all this.

smiley - sadface

az

Post 288

Lady in a tree

smiley - cuddle I am empathising with you right now Az- I have just had to take my cat Jake to the vet because he very nearly collapsed and the vet has just told me that he has anaemia (count is less than 10 when it should be between 35-60.) Being Sunday evening he couldn't do any more tests so I have to take him back tomorrow to find out whether he has a tumour or if it's his bone marrow. Either way the prognosis is not good and is is very likely to be cancer.

He is my baby. He is only 6. smiley - cry I am devastated but I managed to hold it together in the surgery. I haven't stopped crying for an hour since I got back though.

I'm not doing very well either.

Post 289

rangerjustice (formerly warrior ranger)

smiley - cuddles to those with furry friends in trouble smiley - cuddle

Post 290

hellboundforjoy

Bingers has climbed into this bin that is is about 4 foot off the ground which holds a pile of clothing that is going to Goodwill and some other debris. He looked very proud of himself at first. It is harder to get down than it was to get up and now he's looking at me like this is my fault...

Post 291

Big Red

Of course it's your fault! smiley - smiley

Post 292

Cat-Eyes: No..... why.... ?

My cat died on monday smiley - cry

So now we only have one, Mum's cat.

Post 293

Lady in a tree

smiley - cuddle Cat-Eyes

I know what you are going through. smiley - cry

Monday was when we lost our boy Jake...perhaps they met up on the way to cat heaven?

smiley - love Lady

Post 294

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

smiley - hug

Post 295

azahar

Cat-Eyes,

smiley - cuddle

az

Post 296

Big Red

Lady and Cat-Eyes: smiley - sorrysmiley - hugsmiley - brave

It's been a year and a half now for us since we had to put one down.

Post 297

Coniraya

smiley - hugsmiley - hug from me too.

Post 298

logicus tracticus philosophicus

smiley - book

Post 299

Cat-Eyes: No..... why.... ?

We put one down last year, and one died last week, and we still have one. And we might be getting another one, but not a kitten, this really nice cat who's a long hair and her family are moving to QLD and they don't think the weather would go well with her...

Post 300

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

That would be my cat Masky, a small silver tabby and white maniac whan she's not beating up the other cats she's running around like a lunatic, attacking the rug, she also likes to get onto the kitchen roof and pretend she can't get down, her favourite trick is howling like she's been abandoned when I go to the post box which is aproximatly 20 yards away from our front door but I wouldn't be without her.

Key: Complain about this post