A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Who has the world's weirdest cat?

Post 241

logicus tracticus philosophicus

Lua (cranky bitch cat from hell{}
pics tortie with white and black like that ,lulled you into sense of security then WHACK with paw claws just out ,teeth as well if really
narked at something.
yet with that kitten soft as butter.

Post 242

azahar

logicus,

Lua is just cranky. She would never lash out with either claws or teeth . . . she isn't a nasty cat at all, she is really mostly in need of lots of extra love because of her crankiness. smiley - biggrin And she gets all of that extra love here. Poor darling, with her arthritic hip now, I think it must hurt her all the time.

Meanwhile, she sleeps on top of my head every night, honestly! I wake up every morning with a little Lua face staring at me.

And if I stay in bed too long after 'cat breakfast time' then Sunny also climbs on top of me and sighs heavily. Right in my face!

They are just so funny, those guys. They certainly let me know who is boss around here, and it obviously isn't me! smiley - biggrin

az

Post 243

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

I still think you 2 do extra step
....I live close to town centre so not a lot lakes, only canals...

Post 244

with hannah she would tap my nose with paw ,then if that
didn't work both her and henry would take turns
running up and down body ,or jumping from floor onto hips .
Hannah would always position herself close to hands,or face
fav place was on right arm when stretched out for evening
with henry its legs or nestled in left armpit.
Used to have one ,(pure white) his trick to wake you up was
to stick its toungue in your ear, (some cats have strange tastes)
mind you that proved usefull as found if i stuck little
ear wax on tablet more likely to swallow it.

Post 245

Coniraya

There is no way we can sleep with Cassie in the bedroom. She ~has~ to have most of the bed to stretch out on and when you finally manage to find a faintly comfy position to fall asleep in, she attacks your toes. smiley - yikes

She is going to miss the smiley - xmastree when we take it down tomorrow, in spite of it being plastic, she has taken to sitting behind it, in the corner and nibbling at the end of the branches.

Post 246

Az, I am glad you do things like your cats smiley - winkeye

Post 247

pheloxi re-read better

Az, I am glad you do not do things like your cats

Post 248

come off of it smiley - biggrinfreudian slip if ever
i saw one, hang around rescue animals long
enough you'll see far worse than that.

mary also had a foot fetish and large canines
used to get great pleasure rubing cheek glands on toes
nose to ear,slowly,then play catch toes.

Post 249

Spaceechik, Typomancer

logicus said: "mary also had a foot fetish and large canines
used to get great pleasure rubing cheek glands on toes
nose to ear,slowly,then play catch toes."

If I may say, Yipe!! smiley - winkeye

I have a feline puzzle and as usual decided to come to the crowd that seems the most knowlegible.....

Rocket has taken to relocating the water dish every day, in the kitchen, usually to different locales throughout the week. I thought at first it meant that he thought the water needed topping off or wasn't fresh, but no....

I freshen the water completely about 2-3 times a day, and he STILL does it! What the heck is that all about? I welcome any comments...

smiley - smiley

SC

Post 250

rangerjustice (formerly warrior ranger)

Don't YOU like to drink in exotic new locales? smiley - winkeye

Post 251

Lady in a tree

SC - do you give them water from the mains tap (very fresh) or from the cold water tank. Cats seem to prefer the latter. In fact mine seem to prefer to drink from virtually stagnant pools of water in the garden.

Make sure the water is always moved back to the same place each time. Cats like to have a set place for water normally - like a watering hole in the wild. It has to be in a calm and protected area - away from noise and the possibility of people walking past.

I cannot think why yours is moving the bowl. Or how! Is any water spilled? Sounds very talented. smiley - silly

Post 252

azahar

oh dear smiley - erm

I think Lua may have dislocated her hip! Azar was chasing her around this morning and suddenly she started limping very badly and she wasn't even able to jump onto the bed (I've just put her on a cushion on the floor with a hot water bottle). I'm loath to take her to the vet's straight away in case it's just a pulled muscle. She does have problems walking anyhow, which I think is arthritis in her hip (that she broke about eight years ago in a fall) but she seems to be in a lot of pain, poor darling, and she can barely walk at all.

Thing is, when she fell (three stories) and broke her hip the vet said there was nothing to be done unless I wanted to pay over $500 for an operation (which was not an option - I was as broke then as I am now). He said the hip would heal on its own (which it did). Within a few days she was up and about and shortly after was able to leap onto tables again. It's only the past year or so that I've noticed it giving her problems.

What would you guys do? Leave it for a day to see if she gets better or take her to the vet's straight away? It just happened about half an hour ago.

worried az

Post 253

watch it for few hours, but look if she can lay down without being restless
...if she still moving around in pain all the time go and see vet.

Post 254

azahar

hi pheloxi,

Yes, at first she kept moving around, like she couldn't find a comfortable position. But then she tried jumping (ouch) onto her usual stool (next to me, where I sit at the computer) and so I helped her up, put the heater beside her, and now she has curled up in a little (well, little-*ish*) ball and calmed down.

I just don't want to go through the trauma and expense of going to the vet's only to have them tell me that Lua just needs to rest. Last time I took her in for a stomach complaint it cost me 120 euros just to find out she had a bit of gastrointeritis smiley - cross But on the other hand, if going to the vet's would help her, then of course I will take her. I'm just not sure they will be able to help her.

Anyhow, thanks for your advice.

az

Post 255

most cats let you if they keep uncomfartable by doing things they normaly would not do

...it seems she does same..just keep eye on her

Post 256

azahar

pheloxi,

I had to go out for a bit, came home to find Lua had decided to lie on the bed. Hmmm . . . I wondered to myself . . . since she wasn't able to jump up there earlier. Then I saw that she must have dragged herself up by her front claws (just imagine the state of my sheets now!) Poor thing! Poor me!

Anyhow, this is what I am going to do. This afternoon when the farmacias re-open (some of them sell veterinary medicine) I am going to buy some cat anti-inflammatories and some special food and see if that helps. I mean, if when her hip was totally broken the vet only recommended that she take it easy then what would be so different this time?

I was telling another friend about this and he said - 'How do you get a cat to take things easy? I thought that's what they always did anyhow'. smiley - biggrin

He has a point. I put my back out last July and for about three days I could barely walk and every movement was excrutiating. And there was nothing to be done about it except 'to take things easy'. Well, I just hope I am doing the right thing for Lua. And now I need to buy new sheets . . .

az

Post 257

next time you may leave her on the bed yourself...

I had sore back too last year..some airhead left oil on paverment and I slipped smiley - grr

Post 258

Santragenius V

I don't konw who has the weirdest cat - but our female feline probably runs in the combination for "combination of prettiest look with dumbest and most paranoid behaviour"... smiley - winkeye

Only thing she ever caught was worms. Well, they don't run away from you, do they? But she proudly came in with them, meowing to get her (non-existent) kittens' attention. And while she's quick enough to catch food crumbs that fall from the kitchen table while we're cooking before her brother does, she's so intent on getting them first that she eats before she checks what it is. She looked soemwhat funny for a few minutes once when she gulfed down raw onion...

Oh, and she hasn't quite caught that the fence around the garden is only about 60 cm high. Her brother routinely jumps it wherever he likes - but she has these two places where there's *just* enough place to squeeze under. She really, really has to flatten herself - and she's lived here for a good 10 years...

She used to lie on my lap in the evenings - and though it seems that she remembers that, she every evening convinces herself that it is probably too dangerous. Only person she jumps onto these days is a close friend of the house - who is allergic to cats. Go figure...

Post 259

Coniraya

Tell your allergic friend to open his/her eyes wide when looking at the smiley - cat. A human reaction if they don't like something, is to narrow their eyes. To a smiley - cat this is a clear signal of submissive/friendly behaviour. Wide open eyes mean back off.

Post 260

backed up by a short hiss

Key: Complain about this post