A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 11361

Recumbentman

I was given dandelion salad when staying with a family in France as a student. I was surprised, and even more surprised by the name: pissenlits -- as the mother explained, because they make you piss in bed. Une salade de pissenlits. Charming. But tasty too.

Petty Hates

Post 11362

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

Exam conditions, aaaaarrrrgggghhhh.

Recumbentman, thank you, you've given my first hard, proper laugh of the day. Ta, I needed it! :D

Petty Hates

Post 11363

Pink Paisley

"Unexpected item in bagging area."

pp

Petty Hates

Post 11364

Why is Polish radio playing live Evanescence? My god, they're awful.

Petty Hates

Post 11365

$u$

The Polish radio station or Evanescence? smiley - erm

"Unexpected item in bagging area." smiley - grr Nothing petty about that one. I hear someone once went through the self-service till without any problems. I don't believe it. smiley - fairy I managed to exceed the number of times I needed assistance compared to the number of items I bought last shop though. Impressive, huh? smiley - rolleyes

Petty Hates

Post 11366

Deb

Last time I used the self checkout I pressed the button to say I was using my own bag, put the bag in the bagging area when told to do so, pressed start. Half way through it asked me if I was using my own bag.

Deb smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 11367

fords - number 1 all over heaven

I always tell the Tesco self-service tills I'm using my own bags so I can score extra Clubcard points smiley - evilgrin

Petty Hates

Post 11368

Pegasus, Evanescence. They are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Polish radio is decent. I think.

PH: as if this essay isn't difficult enough, I've noticed now there's only five present in the photo when there's six in the band, and hell if I can tell who is missing or why. Damn.

Petty Hates

Post 11369

Malabarista - now with added pony

PH: When entering a new contact in my phone, it automatically capitalises the first letter of each word - except the first one smiley - huh

Also, when changing case in the text entry field, it goes from lowercase to allcaps to numbers to a single uppercase letter. Why? Surely the last option is the one you need most often? Or am I the only person to use correct capitalisation in texts?

Petty Hates

Post 11370

KB

PH: When a Shinner tries to correct my grammar without stopping to think that I might actually know a bit about this language. You have to pity them sometimes. smiley - rolleyes

Petty Hates

Post 11371

Thorn

PH: Skinhead nativists who claim you aren't patriotic if you won't agree with them that legal immigration is as bad as illegal immigration. Seriously, where do they come from and there are still some of those left? Don't they go have hate rallies to go to or something instead of bothering people with the same old same old?

Petty Hates

Post 11372

Thorn

Or maybe just extremists in general at that.

Petty Hates

Post 11373

KB

PH: People who think that not being patriotic is a bad thing. I'm quite fond of my country and the people who live there. That's putting it mildly. But I'll be the first to admit to non-patriotism. smiley - smiley

Petty Hates

Post 11374

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

On a related note, people who think that the only way to be patriotic is through mindless flag waving and ignoring the benefits that other countries have to offer. (Such as they are. smiley - winkeye)

On an unrelated note, I flat out refuse to use those self-checkout things.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 11375

You can call me TC

That annoys me, too, Mr X. People of all nationalities say "We must have the best... in the world" - and if they just looked at other countries, they might find that others are doing just as well in that area.

Petty Hates

Post 11376

fords - number 1 all over heaven

I'm a proud Scot and think it's important to recognise your roots, but I also class myself a citizen of the world. Mind you, it's kinda nice to come from such an awesome country smiley - tongueincheek

Petty Hates

Post 11377

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Anna, just because you don't like Evanescence doesn't make them awful. smiley - winkeye

(Not that I like them either, mind you... it's just that subjective opinion presented as objective reality is one of my biggest PHs, sorry)

Petty Hates

Post 11378

Mr D, I think they're awful live. In the studio they're alright.

PH: stuff. No time. Argh.

Petty Hates

Post 11379

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

Time. Don't talk to me about time .. smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 11380

Thorn

Time is a good one.
I guess another PH I have are those fire and brimstone sandwichboard men. I admire they feel they have great strength in their convictions to care about it so much but couldn't it be a nice or positive message or about something to do with real world problems instead of just morally judging a whole bunch of bystanders as horrible sinners to get your rage on? Seriously, just because people exist who don't have the same values as you doesn't have to mean that the apocalypse is coming. smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more