A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 11281

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

And speaking further, they tell you they can't make an appointment until they've lined up a few more clients and they'll call you back in a week or two, but then you never hear from them again.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 11282

KB

PH: When there's just one mouthful less in your cup of coffee than you feel would have satiated you...

Petty Hates

Post 11283

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

PH: People who think a bit of rainfall is the same as not being in drought.

Petty Hates

Post 11284

Cheerful Dragon

I agree, Mr D. There are also people who think a good downpour is the best cure for the effects of no rain. They don't seem to realise that it takes time for the rain to sink in to the ground.

Petty Hates

Post 11285

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

Possibly running out of money in the middle of Vienna.

Petty Hates

Post 11286

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
PH: tailgaters

PH: drivers who slow down to even below speed limit when cops around (hypocritical sneaks)

PH: coughers in theaters who won't leave and thusly ruin the experience for ALL of us

smiley - yuk

Petty Hates

Post 11287

What do you mean "even below" the speed limit? The speed limit is the speed *limit.* It's the *fastest* you're supposed to go, not some petty annoyance for you. If they want to go slower than the speed limit, even if it's only when cops are around, then they have every right to.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 11288

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
oh i am sorry mr x
who died and made you the posting police forvpetty hates?

last time i looked this is where we tell our PETTY hates
what do u not understand about the word petty and what it means for this thread
lighten up and chill out

this behaviour is precisely what is turning people off to this site
all the discussions and physical fixes are NOT going to grow the siite

it is the bad attitude here... the circling and leaping upon unpopular or unwithit folks that is shrinking the site

my
main PH? folks who think they can candy coat garbage and sell it as quality
there is noone here and the reason is because some of you are so ... mean

Petty Hates

Post 11289

I'm just saying it's the speed limit, not the speed minimum.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 11290

I assumed fkf was referring to the people who when there *aren't* cops around will happily break the speed limit without a second thought. smiley - shrug

Petty Hates

Post 11291

But at the risk of being called mean: people who will speak something as objective truth without checking the facts. So there aren't loads and loads of signed up Researchers logged in all the time. So what? We get tens of thousands of *unique* visitors to the site, that's gotta count for something... after all the site is supposed to be an Edited Guide with a supporting community, not the other way around.

Petty Hates

Post 11292

Deb

My petty hate is posts with only sporadic punctuation and capitalisation. It makes this site look like Fb instead of the quirky, individual and intelligent site it is.

Another petty hate is the weather. How am I supposed to walk the dog if I can't stand upright against the wind and get soaked to boot?

Deb smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 11293

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

PH: when a perfectly reasonable conversation becomes a petty argument for no reason

Petty Hates

Post 11294

Oooh, here's one of mine: When a casual and entertaining argument winds up with someone getting their feelings hurt over nothing.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 11295

And then being accused of criticizing somebody when I was, in fact, doing nothing of the kind.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 11296

Cheerful Dragon

Harking back to coughers in theatres, here's another one. People who don't cover their mouth when they cough. I did a cruise a short while ago, and there was a nasty cold-type bug going round the ship. A lot of sufferers still went to the lectures and their coughing helped to spread the bug. In the end, an announcement was made that the lectures were televised (always had been, it wasn't something they did because of the bug), and would anybody with a cough please watch TV in their cabin and not come to the lectures. Coughing in the lectures was bad enough, but I saw people at the buffet breakfast/lunch coughing over the plates and food. They didn't bother to cover their mouths while they coughed. If they had, there were hand sanitizers where they could have killed the germs, but no. No consideration for other passengers.

Petty Hates

Post 11297

Except colds are viral and hand sanitising gel only really affects bacteria. smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 11298

quotes

True, but simply washing your hands should help.

Petty Hates

Post 11299

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

PH: people who look into the tissue after blowing there nose smiley - ill

Petty Hates

Post 11300

quotes

You can tell a lot about how healthy you are on the inside, by examining what comes out.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more