A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 10081

Robyn Hoode - Navigator. Now with added Studnet status!

I agree. We all need a decent sized bath. Small baths, like small sofas are just cruel.

Petty Hates

Post 10082

toybox

I concur. We need bigger baths!

Petty Hates

Post 10083

Pastey

I'm with that too. I'm 6'5", I don't fit in baths. Fortunately when I bought this house it had a reasonably large wet room. There is actually a lot of fun to be had in one...

smiley - rose

Petty Hates

Post 10084

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

Robyn, well it's sorta gone beyond petty now, yeah…

Petty Hates

Post 10085

Robyn Hoode - Navigator. Now with added Studnet status!

I'd say so! smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 10086

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

We've concluded that the actors they use in the DFS/Furniture Village/sofa world etc adverts are all midgets. You go and actually sit on those things that looked so comfy and luxurious on the ad only to find the back isn't high enough and only somebody 4ft 5 could lie along it like they did in the advert. Grr.

Petty Hates

Post 10087

toybox

Videos with loads of very short frames. Especially when it shows people signing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oQeWUxM4s8

Not only does it spoil the elegance of sign language, but most of all it makes it ridiculously hard to follow smiley - doh

(The song is nice, though.)

Petty Hates

Post 10088

stjustpaul

I know that language is ever changing but I hate people saying 'I am fed up of it' using 'of' instead of 'with'smiley - sadface

Petty Hates

Post 10089

airscotia-back by popular demand

Yep, that's on my list too now!

Removed

Post 10090

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

This post has been removed.

Petty Hates

Post 10091

winternights

I don’t think modern sofas are designed with comfort in mind, its all to do with that fickle thing called fashion. I bet the odd balls that design these crippling and gaudy pieces of fire wood most probably still live at home and consider owning a bean bag as one of the highlights of their livessmiley - sadface

Petty Hates

Post 10092

Deb

My PHotD is that this place seems to have become h2g-toob recently. Practically every conversation I look at has links to YouTube and as I'm not allowed to use it at work I end up smiling and nodding like I get the joke, but I don't smiley - wah

Deb smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 10093

Pink Paisley

The horrible habit of prefixing sports teams with what ought to be a suffix.

Team GB.
Team Sky.
AFC Wimbledon (and I AM a Dons fan).
AFC Brighton.

Who thought THAT was a good idea?

And whilst I am at it, the use of the term 'to medal'. To indicate that someone has finished 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

Grrrrrr.

PP

Petty Hates

Post 10094

Icy North

I prefer the word 'to podium' myself. smiley - run

Petty Hates

Post 10095

Icy North

Oh, and doesn't the phrase 'medal haul' irritate you?

Petty Hates

Post 10096

MonkeyS- all revved up with no place to go

I believe (though I could well be wrong) the whole 'AFC' thing was started by Bournemouth FC. They changed their name to AFC Bournemouth to put them alphabetically at the top of any football lists.

Easier than winning lots of games and getting to the top on points, I suppose smiley - whistle

Petty Hates

Post 10097

Pink Paisley

I suspect that the Wimbledon thing was because they couldn't use Wimbledon FC again when the new club was formed and that it had become fashionable. (And we are back in the football league and I have my ticket for the first game back against Brizzle Rovers).

And yes, 'to podium' is just plain horrible.

PP

Petty Hates

Post 10098

Icy North

Yep, I'm ready for the footie season too - I saw Pompey-Chelsea in a pre-season friendly last weekend.

Petty hate - how some teams change all 11 of their players at half time in a friendly match.

Petty Hates

Post 10099

airscotia-back by popular demand

PH Talking about about 'fitba' when we are still in the cricket season!

Petty Hates

Post 10100

winternights

What a thing to put on your C.V, cricketer. You’d be hard pushed to get a job at the local car wash.

Key: Complain about this post