A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 961

Citizen S

The sight of squishy squashed back-sides leaning against glass (especially just a few inches from my face) when sitting down on an underground train. I know I'm lucky to get a seat and there's a pain of glass between us but it's very unsightly and makes me feel a bit sick

Petty Hates

Post 962

logicus tracticus philosophicus

smiley - biggrinthere are some who would pay lots of for that particuler "recreational activety"smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 963

smiley - evilgrinsmiley - antpeople who assume that what they just said was funneysmiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 964

Citizen S

But these bottoms are covered in trousers and splattered outwards like that would make even Kylie's bum look big, shapeless and unattractive.

Petty Hates

Post 965

The Groob

I like that term 'elitist conversationalist'. Did you make that up or is it a known term? Is there a term for management who think that 'subordinates' humour operates at an inferior level to their own (leading to an adjustment of their humour)?

Petty Hates

Post 966

Researcher 185550

I think I made it up smiley - erm.

I think that that's either elitist humour or just management comedy.

New made up implausable words, like normalcy.

Petty Hates

Post 967

The Groob

Fireworks fireworks and fireworks.

I'm constantly on edge now because you never know when a 'bomb' will go off and make you jump out of your skin. You're not even safe in the middle of the night anymore.

I don't think I've ever known them be as loud as they are this year, and we're not even midway through October yet.

Petty Hates

Post 968

Researcher 185550

I know. Hey, the day ends with Y! Lets have fireworks! They're boring as well. You've got nine colours (at maximum), nine different types. Seen one you've seen them all, and yet people keep on going "Ooooh! Aaaaaah! Eeeeeeeh!" at them.

Petty Hates

Post 969

The Groob

People who let young children do answer machine messages.

Petty Hates

Post 970

HonestIago

Answering machines. I just despise them, I'd rather just have a phone that cut out after a few rings so you knew the person wasn't gonna answer

Petty Hates

Post 971

Researcher 185550

The way when you have your mobile in your pocket it randomly dials numbers. I have called my friend several times by accent.

First time it happened, I was making scrambled eggs. All of a sudden I hear this little chirping noise. I thought one of the eggs was about to hatch! So I froze, and then started picking up eggs to see if any of them were noticeably different. In the end I worked out what it was, but it gave me a fright, let me tell you.

Yes I do know that it's impossible for eggs that you're sold to hatch, but you think different when you hear a chirping noise that appears to come from one of them.

Petty Hates

Post 972

The Groob

We managed to dial 999 on the mobile. When you do this the 999 people make the phone emit a high pitched ringing noise. This is supposed to make you switch off the phone, but only resulted in an hour's worth of rushing around the house trying to find out where the noise was coming from.

Petty Hates

Post 973

not impossible,-unlikely smiley - weird
buying from farmers markets ,would increase chances.

Petty Hates

Post 974

Researcher 185550

True. But these are shop bought. And most people I've told have nearly died from laughing. Like when I tell them about the bloke who hurt himself by shutting his lip in a calculator.

Petty Hates

Post 975

The Groob

Oh, we've all done that.

Petty Hates

Post 976

HonestIago

smiley - rofl I'm constantly dialing 999 on my phone. It's very annoying. I've never heard the high pitched noise though.

Petty Hates

Post 977

Researcher 185550

I haven't. Funny as hell though.

People who laugh when you've done something stupid that really *hurts*.

Petty Hates

Post 978

HonestIago

People who think it's amusing to scrath sunburn - would you scratch the burn of somebody who'd put their hand in the fire? No? Then why is sunburn any different? smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 979

Researcher 185550

Sunburn. Why won't I tan?

Petty Hates

Post 980

Citizen S

Peole who say sickth rather than sixth. I heard it loads yesterday by news reporters explaining how Michael Schumacher had won his SICKth world championship title. One two three four five sick??? seven. Hate it.

(By the way - that phone thing. You can stop dialling things by mistake by pressing the menu option once followed by the asterisk and it locks your phone until you press the same two keys again. I think this is universal - it's certainly the way nokia phones work.)

Key: Complain about this post