Post 581

Oot Rito

but you weren't at the TOP of a new page

na na na na na !

smiley - stiffdrink

Petty Hates

Post 582

AlexoOo

People who imitate violent crimes out of films.

(Stop it, or they will ban all good films!)

Petty Hates

Post 583

Universal Granny

Back to the headaches for a minute. I have a friend who suffers badly with migraines (flashing lights, sickness etc etc) and has to confine herself to a darkened room for maybe two or three days before it goes off. She is not swinging the lead, she is genuinely affected by these headaches in a bad way, her job was threatened and her lifestyle curtailed far too often to be bearable.

Her Mum, not the most tactful or feeling of people, knew that she was in the middle of a three day stretch, but still rang her up, got her to the phone (with difficulty) and told her that it was all my friends fault that she had these headaches and she had brought them on herself - because her hair was too long and the weight of it was causing the migraines!smiley - grr

smiley - laugh

Friend not impressed, put the phone down smiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 584

William of Middenshire, Keeper of Mammals Beginning with "W" and Goatee Beards

Sorry in advance if you are one or have one....

People who talk to me endlessly about football or motorcycles in the mistaken belief that I am interested in either.

William.

Petty Hates

Post 585

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

People who keep forgetting the punchline...smiley - cross

Incog.smiley - tea

Petty Hates

Post 586

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

... To which the barman replied..."just don't..." no wait..

I'll get it in a moment...

Ah , right- "Well whatever you do, don't.... " er....

No, that's not it

Ach- it was really funny anyway- guess you just had to be there .... er....smiley - runsmiley - run

Petty Hates

Post 587

FoxyBabe

Being asked for my asl smiley - grr

If anyone's petty hate was people who reply without reading the back-log, smiley - ermsmiley - sorry I just did that. smiley - smiley

Foxy smiley - handcuffs

Petty Hates

Post 588

AlexoOo

Songs that you HATE but are so catchy you
end up singing them anyway.

Petty Hates

Post 589

Universal Granny

"I know a song that will get on your nerves,
get on your nerves,
get on your nerves,
I know a song that will get on your nerves,
Get, get, get on your nerves"

Like that, you mean?

UG

Petty Hates

Post 590

HarpoNotMarx (((2*1)^6)-6-(2*8)=42

double tautology!

NCP Car Park [what does CP stand for?]
smiley - sorry if done before, just spotted the thread and didn't get time to read the backlog!
smiley - geek

Petty Hates

Post 591

warhead

My current petty hate is those silly slouch boots that look like something an Elf would wear in Lord Of The Rings that girls are currently wearing with their mini-skirts and crop tops. Don't they know it's summer? They'll all have mingy, sweaty feet and anyway they look silly.

Petty Hates

Post 592

Citizen S

Pointy shoes that seem to have come back - especially the flat ones. Make feet look massive !
People who wear open-toed shoes but have really scabby toes and toenails.
People who sit on a tube or train with the windows and vents shut in 90 degree heat.
People who sit on tube or train and pretend they haven't spotted a pregnant or elderly person so they can keep their seat. (Miraculously wake up/look alert as soon as person leaves/gets offered a seat by someone else)
People who won't admit to ever having seen any trivial TV or says they only watch the news/wild life or history documentaries. Don't believe anyone who says they haven't the faintest idea who Dot Cotton is. If I'm wrong then they're a petty hate anyway.

Petty Hates

Post 593

Mu Beta

This has probably come up, but anyone in a car who does any or all of the following:

- Drive down the middle lane of the motorway at 60mph.
- Omit to indicate when you're sat patiently at the mini-roundabout waiting for them to go straight on and they go left.
- Zoom up to your back bumper at 110mph and then brake sharply.
- Take up two parking spaces

B

Petty Hates

Post 594

Yes,I am the Lady Lowena!Get with the programme...

People who think that if you are walking along thinking you are sad(some of us in repose have faces that naturally do that ok)
People who say 'Surviving' when you ask them how they are doing.
People who say 'You must cut your cloth....'
People who say 'theyre growing up aren't they!'

Petty Hates

Post 595

Bluemooner

People who claim they have a migraine when it's only a headache.

People who claim they have flu when it's just a bad cold.

Petty Hates

Post 596

football_fanatic10

when someone says something that's obviously insulting, and then says "no offence"

"You have to be the most stupid person I've ever met. No offence."

Petty Hates

Post 597

The Groob

The pop-up for msn messenger that has CV advice on it:

There's a guy who looks like he's getting off on being intimidating. Who makes up these rules about job interviews? What's the point of having face to face job interviews when we could have interviews on the net? This would let nervous people shine and save time.

Petty Hates

Post 598

azahar

<>

You should check out the thread called Ear Worms! on the 'ask the h2g2 community' page . . . smiley - winkeye

az

smiley - musicalnote oohwee, chirpy, chirpy, cheep, cheep . . .
smiley - musicalnote m-m-m-my Sharona!
smiley - musicalnote waterloo, couldn't escape if I wanted to . . .

Petty Hates

Post 599

AlexoOo

"Earworm" just about sums the annoying catchy song experience up.

Anyone else heard of Clint Boon?

Petty Hates

Post 600

Researcher 185550

People who ask you about your exams, in detail, when you have been doing them solidly for about five hours, how they went, what questions you got, and whether you revised enough, in the mistaken belief that they are "taking an interest", but in fact you never even want to hear the word "exam" ever. Especially if coupled with the subject that you have just done.

Key: Complain about this post