A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 561

The Groob

People who overuse "that's what they all say"

I say I'm going to the Derby and I'm not gonna bet.
"that's what they all say"
No no, I've seen people addicted to gambling and I don't wanna get like that.
I don't bloody bet!
Oh bugger off.

Petty Hates

Post 562

azahar

people who overuse the word 'brilliant'.

Petty Hates

Post 563

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

The claim that everyone else does it when urged to do something not kosher.Hardly a sufficient defence in a court of law.

Incog.smiley - tea

Petty Hates

Post 564

The Groob

Tutting. What's the point? Such an ineffective way of making a point.

Petty Hates

Post 565

AlexoOo

If you tut a lot, you end up sounding like Skippy the bush Kangaroo.

Not a petty hate, just an observation.

I hate when all your mates pretend a party is fancy dress, and you turn up dressed as a monk, or santa claus, or ginger spice, and it turns out it was just a normal party.

Petty Hates

Post 566

azahar

<>

Must agree. A punch in the face (just one clean shot!) is usually much more effective. smiley - winkeye

az

another petty hate - people who punch you in the face when the could have just tutted.

Petty Hates

Post 567

The Groob

When you're in a situation where you need to say something as follows:

'Jim's sister's friend's cousin's workmate crashed his car into Roger Moore's car!'

and to prevent such a convoluted route to the payoff you say:

'A bloke I know crashed his car into Roger Moore's car'

And someone says:

'you dont know him'

or

'what bloke was that then?'

Petty Hates

Post 568

Ridiculous Chicken† - a very absurd little bird

The word "moist"... I mean, uuurrgh! *shudders in revulsion*

Petty Hates

Post 569

AlexoOo

Having to eat moist slugs for breakfast every day, I hate that.

Petty Hates

Post 570

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Having a headache on my day off.I've so much to do and I feel like cr*p!
I know I wouldn't want a headache at work but why does it always have to be a day off.

Incog feeling fuzzy and foozled and in pain.smiley - headhurtssmiley - sadface

Petty Hates

Post 571

The Groob

Dishonesty in business. It seems to be assumed that it's acceptable to be dishonest to the public in order to make a sale. I signed up for Friends Reunited and they said they needed five pounds to 'maintin the site' but now I find out that the people running it have made a fortune. It's not just there, it's bloomin pandemic.

Petty Hates

Post 572

The Groob

Tiny bugs. They're everywhere at this time of the year. Once I've had one on me I spend the rest of the day feeling itchy and scratching.

Petty Hates

Post 573

azahar

People who say - 'oh, I've never had a headache in my entire life!'

az

ps
(actually this *is* me, I've never had a headache in my entire life, but I appreciate how annoying this must be for other people to hear - like me having to hear someone say 'no matter how much I eat I just *can't* put on weight!' smiley - biggrin ).

Petty Hates

Post 574

The Groob

Yes. As a migraine suffer I get fed up with stupid suggestions from well meaning people. Some folk seem to assume that I get migraine because I am doing something wrong, and they avoid them because they're doing something right.

Petty Hates

Post 575

azahar

Oh, I just feel stupidly lucky that I've never had a headache - have never tried to offer advice, nor do I think people get headaches and migraines 'on purpose'. It's just that different bodies react differently to stress, I think. Hence, my stomach and my back are pretty much f*cked! Have never had a headache, though! smiley - smiley

az

Petty Hates

Post 576

William of Middenshire, Keeper of Mammals Beginning with "W" and Goatee Beards

My petty hate?

"Chuggers" or "Charity Muggers." They all appear to be out-of-work actors/actresses, wear luminous tabards, and bound towards you in shopping centres as if they have just identified you as some long-lost friend with their cheery "Hi? Can you spare five minutes for Animal Welfare?" or something similar.

Solution:

1. Say "Sorry, I don't speak English"
2. Say "Yes, I have got five minutes to spare, but you're not getting it"
3. Allow yourself to be persuaded to fill in a standing order form to give a fiver a week to a charity you've barely heard of.

Sorry, but in our town centre they are endemic. They and the consumer survey clipboard wielders.

Petty Hates

Post 577

The Groob

Yes, experienced that. I had one who sounded like a good charity. I said "that sounds interesting, have you got a website I can check out?".
Answer: "Would you like to give some money every month?"

"Well tell me your website so I can find out some more"

"We haven't got a website. I was really hoping you'd agree to give some money every month".

Petty Hates

Post 578

azahar

proper answer to these people is 'no, I'm a cat', which actually works much better when you can say it in Russian . . . used to have the translation for that here, will have to look it up.

anyhow, very good all-purpose answer to almost anything.

az

smiley - smiley

Petty Hates

Post 579

Oot Rito

OK so it's really petty !

When I look at the most recent post on an interesting-sounding post and find its a at the top of a page and I have to wait while the site wades through treacle to get me back to the previous page..... if I get an error page while trying to go back it makes it doubly annoying!!!

Petty Hates

Post 580

azahar

smiley - footprints

smiley - biggrin sorry, couldn't help myself!
az

Key: Complain about this post