A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 4541

Malabarista - now with added pony

I found a good solution for that on hootoo smiley - winkeye

A3740492

Always keep a few emergency ones in my Uni bag...

Petty Hates

Post 4542

psychocandy-moderation team leader

I have their reusable ones, and they are technically small enough to fit in my backpack. Though they would make other things fit less well. But maybe that super folding technique would alleviate that... good idea.

Ideally, what I ought to do is take them out to the car once we've unloaded, so they're in there already (I get off the train bear the store and we meet there, then come home in the car).

Petty Hates

Post 4543

I have a chalkboard in the kitchen where I write down everything I need to buy as I think of it (well, only on a portion of it - certain sisters I'll not name have graffiti'd the rest smiley - laugh) and store the cloth bag full of cloth bags right under it, so when I go to check the grocery list, I remember to take the bags smiley - winkeye

Or you can hang them on the doorknob when you're done unloading, or *over* the jacket you'll be wearing, then you'll remember to take them out with you...

Petty Hates

Post 4544

I keep them on one arm of the coat rack in the foyer where the jackets are; problem is, now it's May, and waaaaaay too warm for a jacket. So I walked right past it without stopping. smiley - laugh

I got reuseable mesh bags for buying bulk produce and dry goods, and I keep forgetting those, too. Why? Because they're tucked inside the bag I didn't take with me. smiley - rolleyes

Petty Hates

Post 4545

smiley - laugh Ah, life...

Petty hate: being unable to find *any* good picture material for my presentation, which is due tomorrow smiley - groan

Petty Hates

Post 4546

Deb

My petty hate is bad punctuation/spelling by people who should know better.

I placed an In Memorium message in a local paper this week in memory of my husband. As their website was down I had to do it over the phone. One line read "Your always in our hearts". Your _what_ is always in our hearts? smiley - grr

At least they apologised when I emailed to complain.

Deb smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 4547

I hate to say it, but it's "In Memoriam", not "In Memorium" smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 4548

Deb

Aargh! The pedant has been pedanted (probably a made-up word but what the h-e-double hockeysticks!) smiley - blush

smiley - smiley

Deb smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 4549

pocketprincess

People who insist their cat is friendly despite the scratch/gouge marks down the arm from where kitty was "playing"
People who repeatedly hit the pedestrian crossing/lift button - does not make it happen any faster you twit! Learn some patience!
People who drive slowly but refuse to keep to the side of the road so that faster vehicles can pass more easily/safely
People who drive quicker and think it's ok to be half way up your ass even though you're going round a series of bends - you're not passing anytime soon moron so back off!
People who think not educating themselves means they're "keeping it real" - ignorance is nothing to proud of
People who buy a crap car and then spend ten times more fitting a giant exhaust/spoiler/air intake... use the money to buy a decent car u fool

Petty Hates

Post 4550

Kyra

Newsreader. 'More colder'. Nuff said.

Petty Hates

Post 4551

Cheerful Dragon

Bra manufacturers who put the strap adjustment at the back, rather than at the front. OK, so the adjuster doesn't spoil the look of whatever you're wearing, but it's hard to alter the strap length once you're wearing the bra. The only way to get the length right is to have somebody else adjust it for you, or take the bra off, adjust the straps and put the bra on again (repeat until the length is right).

This idea was dreamt up by a man or by a woman who doesn't need to wear a bra.

Petty Hates

Post 4552

I'll second that, Cheerful Dragon. I had to take mine off in the bathroom at work the other day because one of the straps went out of adjustment. Getting your bra off without removing your shirt is easy- putting it back on without removing your shirt is a bit more tricky.

Petty Hates

Post 4553

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

Men and depression. Couple these two with alcohol and you have the potential for a very nasty hangover the next day... luckily I don't have that hangover!

Petty Hates

Post 4554

pocketprincess

We've an EU referendum coming up in Ireland which has reminded me that I hate how anyone who votes No to these things is assumed to have done so because a) they're xenophobic and isolationist; b) they don't like the government - it has nothing to do with the treaty you're voting on or c) they're crazy and don't understand what they're doing.

It couldn't possibly be that you think this particular treaty needs to be altered could it??? smiley - tongueout

Petty Hates

Post 4555

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

No I don't but we do need to control the flow of immigrants a bit.

Petty Hates

Post 4556

Beatrice

To Ireland?????

Petty Hates

Post 4557

pocketprincess

I don't really give a monkeys about the flow of immigrants to be fair, I think the changes to how the Commission operates is the real stinker but the reason I mention it is that even if the Irish electorate votes No the government(s) will just igore it and say 'Oh the were voting against the government' or something equally daft.
It happened with the Nice treaty, it happened when the French and Dutch voted against the constitution and it just irritates me because it's so frickin disrespectful and patronising to those of us who thought about it and decided that on the whole we'd have to say no!

Petty Hates

Post 4558

KB

Books with no index. Let's be sensible, I'm not asking anyone to pay someone good money to create an index for Polo by Jilly Cooper, but in a two-inch thick non-fiction book that anyone wants to refer to, an index just might be a good idea. smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 4559

Sho - employed again!

Make one and sell it to them...

Shortly after you give them a good slap of course. smiley - evilgrin

Petty hate of the day: people who are on the treadmill and know there are loads of people waiting - who proceed to chat to their mate, while they have both feet on the sidebar and are, therefore only exercising their tongurs smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 4560

niks

People who don't respect you, or care about your view. People who interrupt when you're just about to say something important.... smiley - grr

Oh- those annoying chavs that always reck films by rustling their popcorn packets or m&m sachets. smiley - grrsmiley - grr

Key: Complain about this post