A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 2141

Goat_Starer AKA Das Boot

glad to have started such an erudite exchange. you say tomato etc. now lets call the whole thing orf smiley - smiley

Petty Hates

Post 2142

Goat_Starer AKA Das Boot

oh yes and sulfur??? also adopted in 1925 by the American Chemical Society. Large numbers of US academics still use the English (correct?!?) spellings and pronunciations of these words in a futile protest.

oh dear! I am turning into a scientist.

so something more everyday. Jeans! uncomfortable, not very elegant and heavy (especially in rain)

Petty Hates

Post 2143

Researcher 185550

People who sign off MSN or indeed, any IM program without bothering to say "bye", so you only discover half way through the lengthy reply you were writing to them.

Petty Hates

Post 2144

pffffft

<< <>

People who try to put others down because of their written use of the English language. Once again I say, people who are considered 'AN' (Thankyou, I'm not deaf) intellectual, putting others down. I believe my point has been proven.

X>>

Was I trying to put you down. Nooooo. Was I trying to be playfully amusing. yesssss. I had hoped that by me typing 'People what write things wrongly' (i.e a written thing what was wrote wrongly) as my petty hate should of gotten that across. Obvisously snot. Anyway, by you claiming that I have proven your point of hating people who are considered AN intellectual putting ohers down, which if I am to interpret correctly, I think, by your definition makes ME an intellectual. Thankyou. That's nice. Do I get a certificate?

And you have proven your point, or your point?

pish pash posh

I hate getting irrationally getting riled over nothing and responding.

Petty Hates

Post 2145

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

I consider myself to be quite intellectual, but I never put anybody down... Hell, I never pick them up in the first place.

Petty hate: having loads of brilliant ideas for a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay campaign but constantly putting *myself* down because I'm worried that the players will think the ideas are too cheesey or that my plot twists will be too obvious.

Petty Hates

Post 2146

AlexoOo

Those horrible bits of putty you find in between your toes when you take your shoes and socks off. Or is that just me?

Petty Hates

Post 2147

HonestIago

Red wine hangovers smiley - ill

Petty Hates

Post 2148

katkodl

smiley - redwine and smiley - bubbly cause the worst headaches, I'm feeling with you! smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 2149

Mikeo the gregarious

I've never had a hangover from drinking red wine - sleepiness, yes, but no hangovers. Then again, I've never really had a hangover *ever* in spite of my occasional drinking. smiley - erm

Petty Hates

Post 2150

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Petty hate for the day: people who don't get hangovers.

Petty Hates

Post 2151

HonestIago

People who just don't get tact. I've been trying to tell this guy in my Hall I don't actually like him and he just won't take the hint.

Petty Hates

Post 2152

naughtinik4_Goddess of Funky Music & Saturday Night Mischief

SafeStyle adverts, you know the one, you buy one you get one free

Petty Hates

Post 2153

Goat_Starer AKA Das Boot

people who pronounce the H in Anthony

people who call me Tony

people who call me Andrew when my name is Anthony

Petty Hates

Post 2154

HarpoNotMarx (((2*1)^6)-6-(2*8)=42

More reasons to shop at Morrisons
"Properly priced half cucumbers"
ok, but what about all the other stuff where the 'half' price is way more than half the full price, even allowing for marginal extra cost of shrink-wrap etc.

Going to the market instead!

Petty Hates

Post 2155

semper_paratus

Pffft. I have obviuosly misinterpreted your reply to my post, therefore I slap myself around the head and apologise.

Petty hate: People like me, who get annoyed about small matters.

smiley - biggrin Xander

Petty Hates

Post 2156

HonestIago

Petty hate: People like Xander, or more accurately, just Xander
smiley - tongueout Iago

Petty Hates

Post 2157

Carlyle Ferris

Sounds good! Lets all hate Xander for a few days!

smiley - smiley

C

Petty Hates

Post 2158

Goat_Starer AKA Das Boot

that isn't petty! it is a sensible and considered hatred. Perhaps a new conversation along the lines of:

"sagacious, level headed and sane hates (such as hating Xander for a few days)"

should be started to leave this for petty hates such as:

buying a scotch egg with no egg in it

it really happened!! smiley - smiley

Petty Hates

Post 2159

semper_paratus

Cool, lets all hate me for a while, I like that idea... Wait, what am I saying. What the heck, lets all hate me. smiley - smiley

smiley - biggrin Xander

Petty Hates

Post 2160

AlexoOo

Sorry Xander, can't hate you without a just reason.

Petty Hate of the day; Prejudice.

I hate prejudicial people on sight!

Key: Complain about this post