A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What to do?

Post 161

Mrs Zen

All this talk of the Telefunken 47 reminds me of something my brother-in-law mentioned.

In the days when all telephones were analogue and you had the old phone exchanges that rattled like a train track, they'd have problems with woodpeckers and the telephone poles. The woodpeckers would drill into the poles, the poles would rattle and the wires would cross.

They only solved that when they changed the make-up of the preservatives on the poles to something the woodpeckers didn't like the smell of.

He worked for the GPO (as it was then). Used to have huge rows with my neiece who was very pro-RSPB.

Ben

What to do?

Post 162

Icy North

I swear by O'Flanagan's 'Peck Off' Woodpecker Repellent. Comes in two flavours: Green and Great Spotted.

What to do?

Post 163

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Don't talk to me about woodpeckers smiley - groan

Here I am with one leg made of the finest mahogany...

smiley - pirate

What to do?

Post 164

McKay The Disorganised

I don't think this is the time to distract people with talk of the Telefunken, otherwise I'll start about my Blaupunkt, and trying to use spectro analysis to determine the value of a burnt out resistor.

smiley - cider

What to do?

Post 165

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
which, of course, smiley - laugh never works unless you've done the thing

(swigs smiley - ale and wipes mouth)

yeah

What to do?

Post 166

McKay The Disorganised

Now my horn adjuster won't move widdershins. I've lubricated it and taken off the thermostat, but it only moves saintly.

Any ideas ?

smiley - cider

What to do?

Post 167

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

Why is this thread an echo?

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

What to do?

Post 168

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

Or is it just that we haven't reached normality?

I'm seeing two posts, and the sea is static, and I'm moving in and out.

smiley - weird

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

What to do?

Post 169

Normality smiley - huh
You expect to reach normality smiley - huh
Here smiley - huh

smiley - pirate

What to do?

Post 170

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

This is weird - this thread is duplicitous. Maybe it exists in two asynchronous points?

Can we cope smiley - cdouble

What to do?

Post 171

Mrs Zen

It's like scissors or trousers. And since it is one of the nicest threads, it's twice as nice now there's a pair.

What to do?

Post 172

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

How very odd smiley - biggrin

What to do?

Post 173

Mrs Zen

At least we didn't lose it. I would have cried if this had got dropped in the move.

What to do?

Post 174

Santragenius V

That would have been worse than when I lost the orange nut and washer assembly for the saddle horn lever. Man, that was a hard one to overcome.

What to do?

Post 175

I told you, didn't I? Normality here? smiley - roflsmiley - laughsmiley - rofl

smiley - pirate

What to do?

Post 176

Mrs Zen

The orange nut and washer assemblies aren't that hard to find. They did a limited edition Union Jack one for the Jubilee in 1977. *Those* are hard to find.

What to do?

Post 177

Santragenius V

Really? In Denmark we only really get the standard gray ones. Luckily we get the handlebar shiners in all sorts of colours. Had me a couple of green and pink ones once. Made the lassies do doubletakes when I passed, it did... smiley - senior

What to do?

Post 178

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

I was given a new pair of handlebar streamers with laser beads, in exchange for some unwanted universal stabiliser extension bolts, and a slightly dinted air horn. I could pass them your way if required?

What to do?

Post 179

KB

Hmmm, I see we're still all doubled up, here. Whose turn is it to perform the Stornoway Special? I'm fairly sure I did it last time (the curlicues went, remember?)

What to do?

Post 180

McKay The Disorganised

Well its improved the efficiency.

smiley - cider

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more