A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Whats the weather doing where you are?

Post 3381

Reality Manipulator

Thurrock, Essex 18 June 2007

Throughout the day it has been windy, partly cloudly with some spells of sunshine.

00:08

Post 3382

Runescribe

York, 11.39, Thursday 21st. Sunny, some clouds, enough breeze that reading a newspaper outdoors is tricky.

Post 3383

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi all
-
its one of those, will it rain or wont it.its dark at the mo, so i think rain is on the cards, again lol
-
thursday, 21st june( the longest day)i the uk, at 11-50am 2007smiley - peacedove jim

Post 3384

Smudger879n

Well the weather is great now, here in Fife, but last night we had a real downpour of rain! Even caused some flooding in some areassmiley - erm

Yet, its lovely here tonight, in fact am even sitting outside in our summer house, with my new lap topsmiley - cool (which I had to get, as my desktop packed up me a few days ago) I have always wanted a lap top!
Cheers, Smudger.

Post 3385

Reality Manipulator

Thurrock, Essex 19 June 2007

Throughout the day it has been windy, partly cloudly with some spells of sunshine.

22:20

Post 3386

The Groob

Northants 20.55

We've just had a flash flood - it seemed like we had a month's worth of rain in about twenty minutes! Roads are flooded and so are houses too. People are out with buckets and brooms. I just looked up the weather on the BBC site: "light rain showers". smiley - yikes And it says that rain at 22.00 will be heavy. smiley - yikes Buckets at the ready...

Post 3387

Reality Manipulator

Thurrock, Essex 19 June 2007

Throughout the day it has been partly cloudly with some spells of sunshine.

21:10

Post 3388

hi all
-
i hate to say this, but its sunny and looks like its staying that way.why, because there is a gala and fairground here till monday, two streets away, and the noise will drive me nuts, mainly tonight. lol.i am 59 you know.lol
-
saturday,23rd june,at 9-55am,2007smiley - peacedove jim

Post 3389

Smudger879n

Hey! Jim, I am only 3 years behind yousmiley - laugh

Today, it went really dark in the middle of the day, then the heavens opened and what a downpour it wassmiley - erm
In fact, its still dark even nowsmiley - sadface

smiley - cheers Smudger.

Post 3390

Reality Manipulator

Thurrock, Essex 23 June 2007

Throughout the day it has been cloudly with some spells of sunshine. There was rain in the evening.

23:11

Post 3391

hi all
-
this as to be the worst june for rain.we have just had yet another rain storm, i will never get the back garden grass cut lol
-
now,1-30pm,on sunday,24th june, in bradford,yorkshire,uk, 2007smiley - peacedove jim

Post 3392

Reality Manipulator

Thurrock, Essex 24 June 2007

Throughout the day it has been cloudly with outbreaks of rain but with no sunshine.

17:38

Post 3393

hey smudger, you can have my three yrs, if you get rid of the ruddy rain,lol
-
rain,rain,rain, its starting to do my head in, for over a week now i have wanted to mow the back garden, no way lol.
-
its now 9-50am, at just after 12 im off for my hours at the lib rain or shine,on the 25th june, in wet bradford, yorkshire, uk, 2007smiley - peacedove jim

Post 3394

Runescribe

Absolutely tipping it down, has been all day. The geese have started taking baths on the lawn.

York, 14.51

Post 3395

Smudger879n

Still like November here in Fifesmiley - erm I am still waiting for a decent day so I can take this computer out and sit in the summer housesmiley - ok

Jim, put up a spell for us all here in Fife smiley - laughsmiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Post 3396

miz

Hi from a wet Sheffield South Yorkshire:

It's been raining for a couple of days now, all the rivers have burst their banks and up to now 3 people in this region have lost their lives. Luckily Sheffield is very hilly, we live on one of them which is a real blessing, (though not when it's snowing) our garden flooded quiet a bit just with the amount of rain we've had. My boyfriend got half way to work tonight but was turned round by the police due to rivers bursting
their banks.

But hey we're a few of the lucky ones, tonight there are people having to spend the night in shops even their cars. There's loads of people without electricity but thankfully we fine, warm and have all the mod cons some people don't have at this time.

Night all xxx

Post 3397

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

A slightly damp 'Hey up' from just over the border in Chesterfield.

Sheffield got the deluge (just look at the news! smiley - bigeyes) but we got a soaking too! Coming back up the M1 from Heathrow we encountered police detours and lane closures and tailbacks galore!

Also living on top of a hill helps but our garden is waterlogged and the poor Lavatera bush has been snapped in half by the wind! smiley - yikes

Post 3398

Sho - employed again!

parents in Sheffield called and said their power sub-station is under 5 feet of water and has given up the ghost and that large areas of Sheffield centre are under water (they should have kept the hole in the road, shouldn't they, it would have had somewhere to go then)

Erkelenz, Germany. 26th June 07:15am
Has been raining, but now we have vague sun cloud cover (white not dark grey, for a change) but I'm expecting it to change back to dark clouds and rain all day. Again. The school summer holidays started and the poor kids are all in their wellies & anoraks instead of shorts.

Post 3399

Gahariet

Still at work in Darnall/Attercliffe after 22hours as I can't get home to Wincobank and I need to see whose going to get in. Problem is I can't get to sleep cos I'm hyper on cola and mars bars.

Post 3400

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

I'm not liking the look of this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/6239782.stmsmiley - erm

Remind anyone of New Orleans just a little?

I don't envy the engineers one bit. smiley - goodluck

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more