A Conversation for P.U.D.D.I.N.G.

IF YOU'RE GRUMPY AND YOU KNOW IT, SIGN UP HERE

Post 161

Ormondroyd

smiley - wow You don't smile EVER, Sneaky? That shows resistance to the idiot grinners above and beyond the call of duty! Welcome to P.U.D.D.I.N.G. to yourself and Chloe the smiley - cat, who also definitely sounds like she has the right grumpy stuff.
smiley - catsmiley - sadfacesmiley - grrsmiley - hug

C******l Dragon: I am happy to admit Bonnington, who certainly sounds to have an admirable attitude. smiley - catsmiley - ok I'm also not too worried about the C-word in your nickname. I'm sure you realise that this is a place to visit when your smiley - dragon side is in the ascendancy.

Before I admit you to P.U.D.D.I.N.G., however, I require an explanation for a rather worrying statement on your Personal Space: 'Dislikes: moaners'. smiley - yikes

Some of us here could take that personally. smiley - bigeyes

Post 162

Sneaky

Ok, I smirk a lot, and I guess I could be said to smile while laughing, which I do a lot (mostly at other people, while pointing). As Heinlein once wrote, all humor is rooted in tradgedy. To further clarify, a lot means at least twice a day for two to ten seconds. I'm not usually a happy guy, or particularly nice. Most people annoy me, which is why I work at night. Less in the way of idiots to deal with.

smiley - aliensmile

Post 163

Sneaky

Oops, I meant , the smiley - aliensmile looks like a good smirk, doesn't it?

Post 164

Ormondroyd

Or even smiley - alienfrown? You should watch your spelling, otherwise people will start pointing and laughing at you. smiley - winkeye

BTW, what's a Sproket?

Post 165

Cheerful Dragon

When I say I dislike 'Moaners', I mean people who do nothing *but* moan. Whatever the situation, whatever is done for them, it's not good enough or there's something wrong with it. Victor Meldrew was grumpy and moaned, but there was reason behind his grumpiness. I'm thinking of people like the woman in the Toyota advert on TV in the UK - the glasses in the restaurant aren't crystal, the flowers aren't real, the lights are too bright. You name it, she complains with no adequate reason. People like her are the 'moaners' I'm talking about. As far as I'm concerned, behaviour like that falls outside the boundaries of 'Depression, Irritability and Natural Grumpiness'. At best it's petty, at worst it's snobbish and small-minded.

If you want to exclude me on grounds of being 'Cheerful' Dragon and not liking 'Moaners', go right ahead. But my dragonishness will come to the fore and I'll get all grumpy and sulk. smiley - alienfrown

Post 166

Ormondroyd

Well, I'd never want to discourage anyone from getting grumpy and sulking. smiley - winkeye But OK, I see what you mean now.

Welcome to P.U.D.D.I.N.G., CD. I have added you to the members' list, with a reassuring footnote lest any of our other members complain about your nickname. smiley - whistle

smiley - dragonsmiley - hugsmiley - sadfacesmiley - grr

Post 167

Sneaky

smiley - grr Typos...can't stand typos. smiley - alienfrown And yes, they do occasionally point in my general direction while laughing. Which irritates me more. Not very fair of me, I know. Oh well, my friends (both of 'em) like me anyway, even though I'm a curmudgeon.

For Sproket's, check out A1051444 and let me know, What's Your Name? It's a goodnatured funny, as opposed to the 'I'm pointing at you' kind of funny.

smiley - alienfrown

Post 168

Damien Yukai (On a Date With Destiny)

I would use this organization to my advantage when I am particularly grumpy. I would also like to sign up on behalf of my my D&D character Nayataku, and Oscar the Grouch.

Post 169

Ormondroyd

Welcome to P.U.D.D.I.N.G., Damien. smiley - hugsmiley - sadfacesmiley - grr

We don't actually have a section for D&D characters, but Oscar the Grouch! smiley - doh How could I have overlooked such a fine example to children! I've added him to the Heroes of P.U.D.D.I.N.G. list, right next to Statler & Waldorf from the Muppets. smiley - ok

Post 170

Damien Yukai (On a Date With Destiny)

I knew something was missing there. thank you smiley - sadface

Post 171

John Luc

Sorry I've been gone so long, mates. I got into a really bad state for a while and nearly lost meself. However, I am glad to report all is well. I've got some Prozac and am feeling better. That's not to say I'm not still grumpy - heavens no! As long as I have Web Masta to deal with I'm still gonna have lots to bitch about.
So, smiley - grrsmiley - steamsmiley - groan to you all! Someone pass me a smiley - stout!
-Dale

Post 172

John Luc

Oy, isn't anyone 'ere grumpy? Someone here has to be ruddy miserable besides me! Speak up!
-Dale smiley - groan

Post 173

Ormondroyd

There's plenty of grumpiness about, Dale. Just look at the length of the P.U.D.D.I.N.G. membership list. smiley - bigeyes But why don't you start a thread about whatever's really smiley - bleeping you off at the moment?

Post 174

Beatrice

Right can I pop in for one of my - albeit infrequent - visits for a bit of a moan?

OK, I'm feeling mega pissed off today. Am under serious arm-twisting and coercion by my kids and lodger to do something that I really don't feel like doing. And I find it hard to say no. But I catch myself digging my heels in at every step, coming up with excuse after excuse for not doing it.

(s'funny - I can recognise the same resistant behaviour in my son when he's on avoidance dutysmiley - laugh)

And then, I was hoping for a phone call that hasnt happened.

And I dont know what my job situation is long term.

And there's no tap dancing for 2 weeks.

So all in all, I'm pretty grumpy today!

Right, wine and fag as a short term solution.

smiley - sadface

Post 175

Ormondroyd

There you go, Lucky Star. smiley - redwine (Sorry, there's no Smiley. smiley - winkeye) I certainly know the feeling as regards the job situation - in fact, right now I need to find a job situation to be uncertain about. smiley - blue

Anyway, you're always welcome here whenever the mood takes you. smiley - grrsmiley - sadfacesmiley - hug

Post 176

Wowbadger the spelling mistake

Now that he's gone. My Hero. Rikki aka The VERY Reverend I. M. Jolly.

Could he get a mention please. smiley - grovel

Post 177

Ormondroyd

Hmm... would many people know who he was? smiley - huh

Post 178

John Luc

Ah! Finally, some sheer irritablity!
Well, Ormondroyd, if I were to list all of my annoyances I might take up two or three forums. But for now my top four are:

#1- The idiot doctors I work for
#2- My weirdo ex
#3- A chick in Houston who suddenly has a crush on me (but I don't want to be with her)
#4- My cell phone bill, which for some reason is getting bigger everyday, even though I hardly use it

There! Those are my biggest gripes for right now. smiley - crosssmiley - groan I'm off to my second job. That's something else that annoys me....I'm single, live at home, have no children or pets to support, yet I have to work two jobs just to survive. Cor!
-Dale smiley - grr

Post 179

Mister Matty

Go on, then. Sign me up. I'm getting curmudgeony in my old age. Which is certainly an improvement on "fidgety" or "angry" smiley - bluesmiley - winkeye

Post 180

Ormondroyd

'Curmudgeon'. What a lovely word that is. Welcome on board, Zagreb! smiley - sadfacesmiley - grrsmiley - hug

Key: Complain about this post