A Conversation for Old Announcements: January - September 2011

This thread has been closed

1 December 2005: Signing-In Problems

Post 1

Paully

Many of you will undoubtedly be aware that we're currently experiencing some problems with our signing-in system. This is a problem that is across all of the BBC's websites, so it's not specifically restricted to h2g2. Our techie teams are working to fix it as soon as they possibly can - please accept our apologies for the disruption to the site.

Post 2

Whisky

Signing in??? What's that?

Oh, I remember, that's what I did once, about 4 1/2 years ago...

Post 3

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit signing on other accounts
"Came to this computer to report such problems on another. smiley - biggrin"

Post 4

Patches (God of nothing worth being a God of) Ps: 24-4+13+0+9=42!!!!!

That stuffed ME around 2.

Post 5

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Is there any chance of getting in a round of drinks, as were waiting???

smiley - tongueout

Post 6

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - hug

I'm with Whisky, I don't ever sign out!smiley - ok

smiley - flyhi

Post 7

Elentari

I didn't have problems with signing in, but with signing out...

I like to be special. smiley - smiley

Post 8

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit managed to get in
"Keep trying, it will take less then an hour smiley - zen"

Post 9

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

Pain in the bum is what having to sign in is

Post 10

Elentari

It took me four minutes to post that. smiley - wah

Post 11

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

About the same for me too

Post 12

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

Unfortunately I have to sign out twice a day weekdays... when leaving w*rk and when leaving home for w*rksmiley - laugh

smiley - dragon

Post 13

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

I've finally got in, and the first page I get is an error page smiley - grr and while I'm in a whinging mood; pray tell me...why does the 'newbies' (no need for anyone to post a link for it smiley - ta) page take so long to load? It seems to be the slowest page on the site. I thought the slowness was due to my dial-up connection, but now I'm on broadband, it's still slow...There's a web page I go to, that has 299 images, that page loads faster than the 'newbies' page...smiley - puff

What's the bet, that I'll get an error page when I try to post this...Oh, and I'm not blaming the Italics or the teccies they do a great job...smiley - smiley

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly

Post 14

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

I've finally got in, and the first page I get is an error page smiley - grr and while I'm in a whinging mood; pray tell me...why does the 'newbies' (no need for anyone to post a link for it smiley - ta) page take so long to load? It seems to be the slowest page on the site. I thought the slowness was due to my dial-up connection, but now I'm on broadband, it's still slow...There's a web page I go to, that has 299 images, that page loads faster than the 'newbies' page...smiley - puff

What's the bet, that I'll get an error page when I try to post this...attempt one failed to post...try again...

Oh, and I'm not blaming the Italics or the teccies they do a great job...smiley - smiley

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly

Post 15

What's the bet, that I'll get an error page when I try to post this...attempt one failed to post...try again...attempt two failed to post...maybe third time lucky...

Oh, and I'm not blaming the Italics or the teccies they do a great job...smiley - smiley

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly

Post 16

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

Oh dear!

Post 17

smiley - laugh Just like smiley - bleepsmiley - bus service, none appear, then three smiley - bussmiley - bussmiley - bus

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly

Post 18

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Woo! -1 New Posts!

No Signing In problems for me, but the Unknown Error has risen again.

Post 19

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

*spooky music*

The Return of the Unknown Error....

....soon in a cinema near you....

*more spooky music*

smiley - dragon

Post 20

GreyDesk

I've not had a single problem all day long.

Ah well, that's what comes of being an Opera user smiley - angel

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more