A Conversation for H2G2 Free-Form Fantasy Forum

The seige of Galyana

Post 1

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

Galyana, the city of light, is a peaceful and happy place. At least, it was. Two weeks ago, strange activity was reported in the Blade Mountains, and contact was lost with the garrison army there. Soon after, villages were attacked, and refugees swarmed into Galyana. Four days ago, a massive army was seen on the horizon. A seige was at hand.
The Tower of Mages erected a Force Shield to protect the city from seige weapons, but nothing could protect the gates, or the areas of the city outside the gate... For four days and four nights the Black Legion stormed the gates of Galyana. All seemed hopeless.
In desperation, the Senate of Galyana sent out a plea; for any warriors brave enough to try and sneak through the outer areas now lost to the Black Legion, avoid the enemy army and seek help from the kingdom of Corellia. A few chosen by destiny answered the call...

[Senator] Who are you, heroes who accept our plea?
*A Figure in leathery armour enters the room. He is dressed in the armour of the Dragoon.*
[Ma Chao] I do! I am Ma Chao, Dragoon of Wutai. I accept your quest, Senator.

The seige of Galyana

Post 2

Don Malvado, so bitter my cat won't even lick me

~a tall, powerfully built, dark haired man in battered armour and a weathered face enters~

And me, if it pays well, also accept. I'm Eric, the bounty hunter of the north

The seige of Galyana

Post 3

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Senator] Pays... Of course. You will be rewarded when the seige is lifted. We will also grant your expedition funds to aid you on your way.

The seige of Galyana

Post 4

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Ribald] I'm coming, too.

[Lampwick] And he's bringing me along. Go figure.

The seige of Galyana

Post 5

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Senator] Wonderful. I am glad we have such experienced heroes in this expedition. I would encourage you to leave soon. Others have tried to flee the city, and you may find more adventurers along the way. You may wish to leave via the sewers. Or, if you are more daring, through the Southern Gate, though the journey will be more dangerous, it will also be swifter.

[Ma Chao] Sewers? Do you know how disgusting that is!?

The seige of Galyana

Post 6

~Eric shrugs~ Been in worse

The seige of Galyana

Post 7

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Ma Chao] Well, I take it you're all for that. Ribald, it's your call.

The seige of Galyana

Post 8

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Lampwick] Are you out of your MIND!?

[Ribald] I say we take the southern gate! I prefer a straight fight to all this sneakin' around.

[Lampwick] Right. And get us all killed. I prefer waiting until the end for /that/ to happen. Anyone here know White Magic?

The seige of Galyana

Post 9

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Ma Chao] I know basic Wind magic, and Haste, nothing else. I've got... two Thunder Skiens and a Healing Orb that can cast Cure magic. Three Cure I's, Two Cure II's or a Cure III. Nothing else I'm afraid...

The seige of Galyana

Post 10

don't look at me

Anyway, I had to expend much of my resoures in getting in here with the legions around. I would like to spend some of the money for equipment given to us by the senetor

The seige of Galyana

Post 11

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Senator] Of course. Feel free to prepare as necessary. We will give each of you 2,000gc to spend as you will.

The seige of Galyana

Post 12

whick converts into what?

The seige of Galyana

Post 13

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Ribald] Hey, gold is gold, man! I'll take 2000 gold coins any day!

The seige of Galyana

Post 14

err- so whats for sale and for how much?

The seige of Galyana

Post 15

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Senator] We have many types of artifacts, weapons and armour that may assist your journey.

Just think up some stuff and costs. The equipment should be standard/low magic, and the cost should reflect this; you wouldn't pay over 500gc for a Sword, but you may have to borrow money if you want Fire Materia.

The seige of Galyana

Post 16

Right. I'll get my sword re-sharpened 100gc
2 lengths of rope at 50gc each
dents taken out of armour 50gc
and a bulk load of healing stuff 250gc
Thats only 500gc so far
whats cool and costs 1500gc?

The seige of Galyana

Post 17

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

*Ma Chao inspects a set of Spears*
[Ma Chao] Hmm... The Dragon Lance... Is this Materia coated?
[Salesman] Yessir. Guarenteed to pierce armour better than it's nearest rival...
[Ma Chao] Yes, yes. How much?
[Salesman] I'll sell it for 2,000gc.
[Ma Chao] Forget it!
[Salesman] Wait! 1,800gc... 1,700gc? 1,600!
[Ma Chao] Maybe later...
[Salesman] Please sir...
[Ma Chao] 1,200gc. No more.
[Salesman] Done! *phew*
[Ma Chao] And you'll sell my friend Eric here that Phoenix Down for 1,500gc.
[Salesman] WHAT!?!?
[Ma Chao] Then I don't want that spear...
[Salesman] Okay!! You win!!
[Ma Chao] Happy Eric? Here, I'll give you 400gc towards it, leaving some money for the road.

The seige of Galyana

Post 18

Thats vey kind of you Ma Chao. What does Pheonix down do?

The seige of Galyana

Post 19

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Ma Chao] It can revive a fallen comrade, providing the wound is not too severe; it will cure an arrow wound, but not decapitation!

The seige of Galyana

Post 20

Very useful

Its a good thing that my crossbow is still in good order otherwise I'd have to buy more stuff

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more