A Conversation for The Manifesto for the Campaign to rename Thursday, "Thing"

I want to join the Thingites!!

Post 1

Phaid the Deranged (and silly)

Illustrious Fishndogs, Supreme Commander of Swauk Creek would be the name I would choose, though mainly because I can't think of anything else right now.

Post 2

Shea the Sarcastic

*bump*

Post 3

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

Thanks Shea - I'll be back tonight with gabble in hand.

Post 4

I'm sorry, but what does *bump* mean?smiley - erm

Post 5

There's a widget that lets me keep track of conversations I am subscribed too (like this one.) *Bumping* means just posting to a conversation to refresh it's position in the list by posting a meaningless message such as "bump" such that I am unliable to miss it as I did previously.

So that said:

Illustrious Fishndogs, Supreme Commander of Swauk Creek, hereby proclaimed! *bangs gabble* smiley - wizard

Here is thy Regulation Titanium Spork smiley - spork

Make a grand appearance in the No, No, No thread (N3)or possibly the Boardroom of Evil (B.O.E)

Welcome to The Thingite Clan! smiley - biggrin

Clive smiley - ok

Post 6

Thank you for that warm (and intersting)welcome. I'm truly honored to be here. First off, I'd like to thank all of the little people who helped me get here...Oh, wait. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

At the risk of sounding uninformed (though I am new around here, how can I find those threads you mentioned?

Post 7

If you visit our Manifesto A516647 - all the active threads (so called bcause they 'hang' off the bottom of articles) are listed there - the order updates if you refresh the page, as people post to them, but any thread that belongs to The Thingites is findable that way (with one notable exception that I'll arrive at shortly.)

To save you the bother however, here are the direct links to the No, No, No thread F63252?thread=100492 (watch out for the backlog - there's an awful lot of it) and the B.O.E - which has become one of our most popular threads in recent years (bring your own sharply edged weapon and a macabre sense of humour smiley - devil) F63252?thread=178004

As to the one notable exception; that would be The Uniforms and Armouries thread (situated in a small hut on the edge of the event horizon of a singularity, where the normal laws of space and time don't apply, and shelf space is infinite.) This is to be found on the personal space of a founding member of the Thingite High Council like myself and Shea: The Gook. Originally this was were smiley - spork were requested and handed out (and still can be) but nowadays I usually give one out when I perform the Gabbling into our illustrious Roster and Uniforms is now mostly used as a place to find stuff of whatever colour, stripe, size or barcode; animal, mineral or vegetable; past futural or invented. (My personal favourite is the sub-sub basement for the extra large catapults smiley - winkeye)

Though not a thread on the Manfiesto, Uniforms is in thought, form, application and spirit, a Thingite Thread, and can be found here: F64546?thread=107190

Clive smiley - ok

Post 8

What a glorious amount of fantastic information! hank you so much for all of that!smiley - biggrin

Post 9

My pleasure. smiley - smiley

Post 10

To paraphrase a certain fish-thing:"I'm new here. Is there anything else I should know?"smiley - erm

Post 11

New to h2g2 in general? If so, Wowbagger (the infinitely prolonged) did a special series of cartoons published in h2g2 resident newspaper 'The Post' smiley - thepost to celebrate the arrival of any new researcher (since we were all new here once).

It was called Tales of a Newbie - and the collection of this wonderous introduction to h2g2 can be found here: A856343

Might I ask if you have any specific questions you'd like answering? (It will make pointing you in the right direction a tad easier)

I'll be on hand if you need me I am a semi-retired Assistant Communtiy Editor on top of other duties so I can show you round the site's interesting nook's and crannies if you like.

Post 12

Though I see you are in the more than capable hands of your ACE, Feisor, who will serve you well in answering any of your queries about life, the universe and everything. smiley - ok

My duties these days run as far as extolling reading (and writing for!) smiley - thepost and of course leading The Thingite Campaign smiley - spork

Right now, I'm off to bed - but leave any questions you may have here and I'll do my best to answer them for you. smiley - smiley

Night. smiley - zzz

Post 13

Thank you for the offer of advisement. No, nothig particular. I am new to this type of communication (working more with my hands than a computer for most of my life), and haven't figured out all of the places to look for interesting things yet. I will, though, have no doubt! I found this site through a referance in "The Salmon of Doubt (and very glad I did!), and am currently still exploring. I just thought I'd see if you (or anyone I talk to, really) had any new ideas(or threads) for me to explore. And you have delivered admirably. Thank you. I am always willing to recieve direction, but I am sure having fun exploring!smiley - biggrin

Post 14

Shea the Sarcastic

A fun thing to do is to go to the homepage, which you can get to by clicking on the h2g2 logo at the top left of this page, and in the rail on the right-hand side of the page is something called "The Infinite Improbability Drive." Every time you click on it, you get a different Guide Entry.

Clive mentioned The Post smiley - thepost, and they have a page of links to clubs and societies around h2g2 at A660304 . That should keep you busy for a while! smiley - ok

Post 15

Thank you very much for the advice! I shall!smiley - biggrin

Post 16

The new roster code (illustriousfishndogs, you're Thingite no. 592 - 1) is available to put onto your personal space. Get the code here: A3406268

Post 17

Thanks very much!smiley - biggrin

Post 18

gg30.you cry,i cry,you laugh,i laugh,you jump of a cliff , i laugh even harder

i want to be a thingite
i am glamgal30

Post 19

Sorry, where would I put that on my personal space?smiley - erm

Post 20

Never mind, I looked at your space. Thanks anyway!smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more