A Conversation for Southeast US Researchers' Group

Sign Me Up!!!!

Post 1

Curator Chick [Ivy of Xanth in the Magic Forest RPG] (Muse of Interdisciplinary Inquiry and Keeper of Museums) Join the SE US Gr

Please post your user name, your user number (so I can link to you), and where you're from/the place in the South you most identify with.

Curator Chick, U157085, Columbia, SC

Kathy

Sign Me Up!!!!

Post 2

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

U35376
Henry County, GA (which is a southern suburb of Atlanta)

This is a great idea. I've been thinking about having a place for Georgians to check in. No need for that now.

Sign Me Up!!!!

Post 3

Curator Chick [Ivy of Xanth in the Magic Forest RPG] (Muse of Interdisciplinary Inquiry and Keeper of Museums) Join the SE US Gr

Congratulations, member number 2!!! Now go find some more Georgians . . . Entries on Atlanta would be nice . . .

Kathy

Sign Me Up!!!!

Post 4

Spoo Monkey

hiya!

Spoo Monkey; 32948; Newport News, Virginia

I was born in Newport News, Virginia, and am currently in college in Harrisonburg, VA. My entire family is from Georgia, though, so I'm not psuedo-Southerner like so many Virginians are.

Sign Me Up!!!!

Post 5

Welcome to the club!!! Go forth & recruit. Lil will probably come if we have a meet, but she doesn't want to join.

Kathy

Sign Me Up!!!!

Post 6

msmonsy

Monsy...Gardendale, AL (just north of Birmingham, AL). I was born in Florida and was a military brat who was dropped in Alabama during a divorce...spent a great deal of my time in Huntsville, AL before moving here about 9 years ago smiley - smiley
Monsy

Sign Me Up!!!!

Post 7

FairlyStrange

Good eve!!! Monsys' "lesser half". Surprise, I live in Gardendale, AL., as well('till Monsy tells me otherwise!smiley - winkeye)

Count me in...looks like a great place. You'll find me at /U40399.

Born in Albequerque, NM....that doesn't count, though....I was dragged here when I was 2. To a little place just north of here called Cullman. The only German community in the world which has an Oktoberfest with no beer!.....Southern Baptist to the core!!!LOL

Monsys' "military brat" personality helps balance my unbalanced southern childhood!!!smiley - smiley

NM

Sign Me Up!!!!

Post 8

Mother of God, Empress of the Universe

Hmmmmmm.....guess I'm one of the southernmost Southeasterners. I'm in Fort Lauderdale, FL. If anyone plans on being in my neck of the swamp, let me know.

I'm at U150392

smiley - smileysmiley - bubbly

MoG

Sign Me Up!!!!

Post 9

FairlyStrange

Well, 'ello there!smiley - smiley

Nothing I'd like to do more than visit your part of "The Swamp", but, alas, I shall have to be happy with my brothers' reports from there!smiley - biggrin He lives somewhere in Ft. Lauderdale, though I've never had the opportunity to visit.

He says it's a nice place to live......I can only imagine. Guess I'm stuck here with the asphalt and red clay.smiley - sadface

NM

Sign Me Up!!!!

Post 10

Spoo Monkey

hehehe

a GOO beret!

I imagine that might be difficult to take off at night (or at least get out of your hair)...

Sign Me Up!!!!

Post 11

Mother of God, Empress of the Universe

Ft. Laud is a GREAT place to live. I call it paradise. Plenty to do here without the hassles of a true metropolis. And Miami is right down the road, anyway, if you're looking for that sort of thing.

Now Spoo, don't you think MoGgies move in mysterious ways and can manage our goo berets? C'mon. There are SOME benefits to omnipotence, you know smiley - winkeye

smiley - bubbly Cheers!

Sign Me Up!!!!

Post 12

Mucking around the mountains

SIgn me up let's see here my name oh yeah Mucking around the mountains and my umm id umm I lost it I think umm no wait here it is umm let me clean this off so it can be read umm there 178042

Sign Me Up!!!!

Post 13

Mucking around the mountains

Oh yeah I'm one of those psuedo-Southerner from Virginia umm yeah right hehe born and raised in the cpital of the confederacy thank you. I live in Lynchburg Va now and I'm originially from Richmond smiley - smiley

Sign Me Up!!!!

Post 14

FairlyStrange

HHHmmmm......."Mucking Around the Mountains"......hhhhmmmm....

Got one leg shorter than the other? Ya' know the folks from Tennessee have that genetic alteration. Do you guys up around the Green Mountains have the same specialization!?smiley - winkeye

NM

Sign Me Up!!!!

Post 15

Baron_Shatturday

Baron Shatturday / U51330

Griffin, Ga.

I live just a few miles south of the TBTPM! Hey, dude! We'll have to get together and PARRRTAY!

Sign Me Up!!!!

Post 16

Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

Don't know if this counts... I was born in Harrisonburg, Virginia, but I'm living in Pennsylvania at the moment. However, I'm going to college this fall in Virgina at Radford University...

If counts, my U# is U50994

~Amy

Sign Me Up!!!!

Post 17

Fred, the Incontinent Hamster

Hello there.

I am a Southern transplant who has lived in a variety of countries and cities and am currently in Savannah, Georgia, which I like very much.

I am number 173197 on the Hitchhiker's Research list, and am called
Fred the incontinent Hamster since this is the first name that
popped into my head when asked to provide one.

In spite of this, I am still gainfully employed as an animator/storyboard artist and teacher of animator-wannabees at the local art college.

I'd be interested in meeting other Georgians, native or just naive,
for low country boil or just general grousing.

Cheers y'all.

Sign Me Up!!!!

Post 18

Welcome to the group. So do you're at SCAD?

A couple of conversations over, we have discussed getting together at the Highland games in Stone Mountain. I forget when they are off of the top of my head.

Savannah is nice. I was stationed at Fort Stewart a while back. I took a couple of trips to Buckhead in Atlanta, and based on that we decided to move here in 1994. Just a tip. Drinking binges are a very poor method of sleceting a new city to move to.

Anyway, Welcome.

Sign Me Up!!!!

Post 19

Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

smiley - yikessmiley - cry... you missed me... smiley - sadface

Sign Me Up!!!!

Post 20

smiley - ermI guess I did. Does this make me the unofficial greeter? Sort of like those old folks at the front entrance of WalMart.

Well welcome smiley - hug to the group, and congratulations on your upcoming return to dixie.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more