A Conversation for Musicians Guild Membership Page

Join Here

Post 281

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Hi Magra,

Welcome aboard smiley - smiley I'll add your name to the membership list.

Regarding helping out, it's very kind of you but at the moment I don't think I need too much help - I've only just taken over the Guild, so I'm still working out what's what smiley - huh I suppose the best thing you can do is to keep an eye out for music-related entries and let me know about them so that I can advertise them or add them to the Guild lists as appropriate.

There is also a Jazz Cafe (see the Guild home page) which nobody seems to be looking after (and I'm not much of a jazz fan smiley - winkeye). If you were interested it might be possible for you to take it over..?

smiley - cheers

Danny B.

Join Here

Post 282

the Shee

I play clarinet and not nearly as well, alto saxophone. And I'm trying to learn piano and or guitar, but those probably won't get very far. smiley - biggrin

I love the Beatles and Queen and Pink Floyd etc etc etc.. But on a more classical standoint, I love Mozart. Don't like Bach, at all. Oh yes, and I like Shostakovich.... Just the top ones that sprang to mind. smiley - smiley

Can I join?

Join Here

Post 283

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Don't like Bach..? Hmm... Not sure about letting you in smiley - winkeye Although you are a Queen fan, so I'll let you off smiley - ok

Membership badge is at A434648 - feel free to add it to your space, and I'll put your name on the membership list.

smiley - cheers

Danny B.

Join Here

Post 284

the Shee

smiley - biggrin

Join Here

Post 285

h2g2 Musicians Guild

...and as a Queen fan, you're morally obliged to visit the Queen Fan Club at A607033smiley - smiley

Join Here

Post 286

the Shee

Oh, I've seen it already... smiley - biggrin

Join Here

Post 287

Danny B

I'm going home... smiley - erm

Join Here

Post 288

the Shee

Er... okay...

smiley - huh

Join Here

Post 289

Danny B

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you... This is me (Danny B.) posting as Danny B., whereas previously I've posted as Musicians' Guild, which is also me (Danny B.) I occasionally lose track of who I am at any given moment, 'cos I'm not used to having two identities smiley - erm

So, in conclusion... I'll get my coat smiley - smiley

Danny B.
aka Musicians' Guild

Join Here

Post 290

the Shee

smiley - ok

Join Here

Post 291

Magra

Hi Danny,

hmmm, taking the jazz cellar over? Don't know. It's not, that I don't want to do it, but that don't have a clear idea what that would mean. smiley - huh
As I said before, I'm quite new to the guide and haven't yet sorted out, how everything works here. As you took the musician guild, maybe you can write me, what you are doing there, what the researches are doing,...
If you want, send me a mail to [email protected]

Magra smiley - smiley

Join Here

Post 292

The Mooing Penguin

::with the sound of one thousand people shouting at the same time:: whop...

1. instruments i play? violin and viola... used to play piano, but my teacher was driven by avarice and did all kinds of things to try to get the most money for the least work, so when i started private violin lesson (started violin in school), i stopped piano lessons... i guess i can sing, though i haven't sung for a while until these last 3 months when i was the fiddler in my school's production of the musical "fiddler on the roof"... i'd love to learns the harp smiley - tongueout i originally wanted to play the flute, but in 3rd grade they offered string instruements, and i didn't know that winds/brass/percussion was offered in 4th grade, and so i took up the violin instead, though i wouldn't mind learing the flute sometime. i also wouldn't mind trying the cello or the viola da gamba (my friend might rent one over the summer and take it to music camp and i might try it then) or the er-hu (chinese violin)...

2. i like most genres except most rap (which is not music, b/c there is no melody) and country... i used to only like classical and think that all other music was evil, but then started listening to more "normal" music... i like all sorts of crazy modern classical pieces and music from different areas, like middle eastern and chinese.. i also like klezmer too, partially b/c my dad is jewish and likes to listen to it too...... anyway, i have no favorite

3. there isn't anything specific i guess, except somewhere to talk to other musicians.. i like music so much, even though i don't plan to become professional (but i'm not giving it up ever!)... i am in a youth orchestra where i'm in one of their orchestras and a chamber group, am in my school's orchestra, in a quartet (and trying to get jobs!) and take classes in school... like recording music right now, though i really want to take improv but won't be able to fit it in next year smiley - sadface... egh, whatever.. but basically i'm just obsessive about music! smiley - biggrin

yeah, so that's my whole schpiel!smiley - biggrin

~ moo penguin (:> O)=|

::with the sound of one thousand people shouting at the same time:: ...foop!

Join Here

Post 293

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Hello Penguin smiley - smiley

Welcome to the Guild! I'll add your name to the membership list. I see that you haven't put an intro on your personal space yet but, when you do, you can add the Guild's logo to it - the instructions on how to do so are found here: A434648

There aren't too many people around the Guild at the moment, 'cos I've only just got it up and running again after a slight lull smiley - zzz, but hopefully things will pick up soon. Feel free to join in the conversations round here, or start a new one if there's anything you'd like to ask or discuss.

Such as 'rap isn't music' for example! I'm not a big fan myself, but that's quite a sweeping statement smiley - smiley

smiley - cheers

Danny B.

Join Here

Post 294

JaggedLittleGrl

1. I've been playing viola for about 8 1/2 years. I'm probably going to start learning the viola da gamba this summer.
2. I like a really bizarre variety of musical styles: classical (Bach, Debussy, Ravel, Bartok, Vaughan Williams, Shostakovitch, Copland, Holst, etc.), medieval, new age, Celtic, sitar music, blues, electronica, and rock (Alanis Morissette, R.E.M., Led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, The Cranberries, Nirvana, The Beatles, Neil Young, Sonic Youth, Collective Soul, Tori Amos, etc.). And I'm always open to trying new things! smiley - biggrin
3. I don't think there's anything in particular I'd want. It would be cool if there was like maybe a little viola community or something...

Oh, and I'm friends with MooingPenguin. smiley - tongueout

Join Here

Post 295

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Hi JLG (if I can call you that smiley - smiley)

Welcome to the Guild! Alanis Morisette..? smiley - tongueout Not my cup of tea, but you can join anyway smiley - smiley Everything I said in the reply to Penguin about Guild badges and stuff also applies to you!

I'm sure there are many viola players around - let's face it, you guys probably need to stick together smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheers

Danny B.

Join Here - Music RULES

Post 296

kittykat

Was trying to visit the other Newbies and came upon your post. Love to sing and have for years --- does that count? smiley - smileysmiley - magicsmiley - fullmoon

Join Here - Music RULES

Post 297

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Hello kittycat smiley - cat

Does singing count..? I suppose that depends on how good your singing is smiley - winkeye

But of course you can join smiley - smiley The Guild badge is found at A434648 along with instructions for adding it to your personal space, and I'll add your name to the membership list.

Have fun smiley - ok

Danny B.

Join Here

Post 298

FiFi

hi, i'D LOVE TO JOIN. i AM JUST FINISHING A MUSIC DEGREE, AND PLAY PAINO AND VIOLIN GRADE 8. I LOVE ALL MUSIC, CLASSICALLY-BASED HAS TO BE FILM MUSIC AND PHILIP GLASS, BUT ALSO LOVE NU-METAL LIKE LINKIN PARK AND PAPA ROACH! SADLY I ALSO LOVE 80S MUSIC IN A BIG WAY, GIVE ME WHAM! AND PET SHOP BOYS TILL THE COWS COME HOME... PLAY IN VARIOUS ORCHEASTRAS ETC, AND HAVE BIN PLAYING MUSIC SINCE I WAS 5. ERM, CAN'T REMEMEBR WHAT ELSE YOU WANTED, SO WILL LEAVE IT THERE! TOODLEPIP

Join Here

Post 299

FiFi

smiley - smiley must just apologise for writing that last one totally in capitals, it looks a mess....... and ive spelt so much wrong!smiley - wah ah well. smiley - biggrin FiFi

Join Here

Post 300

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Hi FiFi smiley - smiley

As your musical credentials are impeccable, I shall forgive the capital letters and sign you up smiley - winkeye

The Guild's logo is found at A434648 and you can add it to your personal space.

All together now...

smiley - musicalnoteWake me up before you go-go...smiley - musicalnote

Danny B.

Key: Complain about this post