A Conversation for The Crossed Purposes Pub

The pub is open!

Post 981

mari-rae(tee reads: (entangled in cardboard boxes, please send tape...)

Posting a trot is more comfortable, Kes, I agree. I will go on a hack with you when Lil gets the stables constructed. I like western riding for long trail rides.

The pub is open!

Post 982

Skylion, Muse of Hockey and Comic Books and Keeper of the Corner of the Laughing Dog.

Hey you guys, someone got the trots. Sorry just had to come in Sub-Etha in tow. the wings just scored 28 secs into the game against the dogs. Oh well. if anyone is interested, I can tell you about my only experience riding a horse some 24 years ago.

The pub is open!

Post 983

Kes

Well, Skylion, if it qualifies as an amusing pub story ... please do. Let's get some drinks in and have a listen ....

The pub is open!

Post 984

Skylion, Muse of Hockey and Comic Books and Keeper of the Corner of the Laughing Dog.

Well, I was 5 years old. and my mother just dressed me up in a "cute" cowboy outfit, complte with holster and chrome six shooter. We lived in a nice rural area back then, and our neighbors had horses. So, up I went on one of thier horses, Sugar. I troted around, our neighbors dad holding on to my hand, keeping me steady. My brother, about 10 at the time, was hovering around. Somehow he got it in his mind to smack the horse on the butt. Sugar took off like a shot, and I held on for dear life. Only problem was, the horse was heading toward a close line, very fast. I am scared out of my five year old mind, I don't notice the clothesline. Thwang! I connect with my chest, and am not only halted, but am thrown back about 10 feet. with fortune, I only had a bruise on my chest and my tukus. My bro couldn't sit down for a week. My dad was ticked. Since then, i do not ride horses.

The pub is open!

Post 985

Kes

Ouch! You've earned your drink with that tale, Skylion. Here you are ... Cheers!

The pub is open!

Post 986

Mercy bore cups.

The pub is open!

Post 987

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

Now we know you're about 29 years old...
Bwahahhahaahaa..... smiley - tongueout

The pub is open!

Post 988

Kes

*Raises an eyebrow, and smiles* smiley - smiley

The pub is open!

Post 989

[Phillipa]

*Buys Skylion a drink.* I'd like to point out that the horse was only doing what it was told to do in this instance. I'm sorry you were hurt, but very glad it wasn't worse.

Want to hear about my wreck?

I was riding with friends and we had been out for about an hour, when they all decided to go on back home. We rode back to the stable together. I thought that it was such a lovely day, that I wanted to ride a bit longer. I turned my horse out of the paddock area and down the lane again away from the other horses. Those of you with horse experience can guess what happened next. Horses do not like to be seperated from their herd. This one objected to my idea strenuously. He pulled his head down and bucked, and bucked and bucked and I went sailing. I ended up going to the hospital with a concussion. No helmet. Always wear a helmet when you ride.

The pub is open!

Post 990

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Bad horse! That is the problem with horses who get used to the concept of the hour-long trail ride. Suggest something new and they get outraged. The proper end to that story (and I have done this) should be that, after the horse has thrown the rider and is standing there with a smug smile on its face, the trainer mounts up and reminds the horse of basic principles. Bucking is not going forward. And going forward is a basic principle.

If you weren't concussed, mari-rae, I bet you would have been the first one back on to administer the lesson!

I have also been the one on the ground, incidentally... smiley - smiley

On the subject of the US election, check this out!
http://news.excite.com/news/ap/politics/eln-florida-ballot-confusion

The pub is open!

Post 991

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

*flutter of wings*

Hi folks, I'm back and I'm very glad because of this smiley - smiley
It has been 3 very hard days of w* IRL, so I'm a little bit tired.

*Kasia goes behind the bar and purs herself a Weissbier*

Lil, wanna have some, too?

The pub is open!

Post 992

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Yes please Kasia!

I have been meaning to ask -- are those Guardian Angel wings?

The pub is open!

Post 993

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

*Kasia hands Lil a Weissbier*

It's on your way. Lil.

And yes: those are Guardian Angel wings, as I'm the Patron Saint of Syncopation smiley - smiley

The pub is open!

Post 994

Tschörmen (german) -|-04.04.02

Hicks*!#@

One for me, too, Kasia!

The pub is open!

Post 995

Kes

Mir auch, bitte! (Welcome back, Kasia!)

The pub is open!

Post 996

Kasia!!! Being the Patron Saint of Syncopation, are you the Patron Saint of N*sync!??

::hopes someone in here knows who N*Sync is...::

::winks at Kes::

The pub is open!

Post 997

Kes

*In sync. with Dragonfly's wink, the cat briefly opens one eye to survey the bar. All is well; the eye closes again.*

N*Sync? One of these modern rock bands, perhaps? smiley - winkeye

The pub is open!

Post 998

That sounds right, Kes.

Kasia, I'd like a nice large vt, please... smiley - stiffdrink

Lil, I tried to get back on that horse, I was steaming! But they dragged me to the hospital because I had a bit of memory loss and wasn't making too much sense. LOL! Normal for me!

Removed

Post 999

This post has been removed.

The pub is open!

Post 1000

Would you want to dance with me, Paul!??... I mean... Kes!?? smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

The pub is open!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more