A Conversation for Classic Goo Fan Club

like to join the club

Post 1

Kumetanzuka the capricious

My name is Kumetanzuka, and I'd like to become a member - uhh, how do I go about that?

I can see but a single asset (other, I guess, than the speed issue Redbeard mentioned) to Alabaster skin, and that is that if a particular researcher is working out of or for a corporate entity, he/she/it may want his/her/one's page to look more boringly mindlessly dispassionately corporate so as to bring the corporate notion across to the viewer. Depressing, non?

Well, I've said my piece for now smiley - bigeyes

I'm going to work on me and Physch's home.

Drop by sometime for a glass of Mike's Hard or something!
K

like to join the club

Post 2

Redbeard (Thanks to all who supported The Celery!))

Welcome to the club, Kumetanzuka!
As far as how you join... you just did!
When Mina gets a chance, she'll add you to the list of fan club members.

Ah yes, wanting to look 'more boringly mindlessly dispassionately corporate'... Good phrase. Thats Alabaster for you! smiley - winkeye

like to join the club

Post 3

I'm not really here

Welcome to the club Kumetanzuka. Sorry I took so long to add your name to the list, but I got a bit busy at a party serving ice-cream.
I haven't been able to see the attraction of Alabastar either. Especially after I accidently found myself staring at it for a while earlier before I was saved. (Thanks Redbeard, my hersmiley - doctor)

like to join the club

Post 4

Kumetanzuka the capricious

yes, Alabaster is... well, it's mezmerising. There's quite a difference, I think, between "mezmerising" and "attractive", isnt' there? When you find yourself in somebody's Alabaster page, or in the jaws of a Quake, you just sort of look at it in wonder that something so straight-laced and creatively constipated could have appeared on your screen, and how it is that you seem to be lost in a world without goo. You wonder if you're delirious, locked in some personal hell of pale waxy orange and mint, and you just STARE, unable to find your way out!
okay, i'm alright. close encounter, you know? my first quake was a horrible one!
K

like to join the club

Post 5

I'm not really here

It just scares the s**t out of me.

like to join the club

Post 6

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

I proclaime my goo-yness!!!

It was a horrible shock for me, as I saw all of the sudden my beautiful goo page vanished and looked at this unspeakable SOMETHING.
I don't understand, how someone could come to this terrible idea.
Well, it's good to have a choice, allthough I'm not sure, if the newbies has in fact this possibility.

What do you think about a special button for this club? I would like to place it onto my page, but unfortunately I'm not able to make it by myself. Maybe you or Redbeard could fix it somehow?

like to join the club

Post 7

I'm not really here

Kasia, try looking at Redbeard's http://www.h2g2.com/A35743 page to get some graphics for your page. When newbies see it I am sure they will be swayed to our side. I haven't got a button for a link to this page, if you want one rather than just a text link, speak nicely to Redbeard, and I'm sure he will oblige. (I'm not too hot on graphics just yet.)smiley - smiley
And I'll add you to the fan club links when I get a chance. Welcome!

Me too, Me too!

Post 8

U128068

Can I join too? The three left handed fish on my page will die in alabaster!

Dr Goof Lithium

Me too, Me too!

Post 9

Redbeard (Thanks to all who supported The Celery!))

Nice fish, Dr. Goof!

Kasia, Sounds like a great idea! I'll work on a Goo Fan Club button tomorrow. Been kind of busy working on campaign stuff. smiley - smiley

Me too, Me too!

Post 10

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Thanks, Redbeard. I'll be looking forward to hear from you!

Me too, Me too!

Post 11

I'm not really here

Hurrah! The buttons are done, check out the page now.
Thanks Redbeard.smiley - smiley

Me too, Me too!

Post 12

Tamsin ((5+3-1)×(7-1))

Can I join?

I always thought that the blue background was some sort of reference to the intelligent shades of blue mentioned in the Hitch-Hiker's Guide trilogy.

Me too, Me too!

Post 13

I'm not really here

Welcome Tamsin, I have added you to the list now. It's nice to see the list growing. Help yourself to any of the graphics that you fancy, but remember to thank Redbeard if you use any. smiley - smiley

Me too, Me too!

Post 14

U128068

Should we pool our efforts and get together with the "Save the H2G2 fish!" campaign?
http://www.h2g2.com/A359138

Me too, Me too!

Post 15

U128068

Ooops, the link is alreade there. Sorry smiley - smiley

Me too, Me too!

Post 16

Thistle

me wanna join!
please save me from the horrors of alabaster, i have now almost escaped it's clutches, but for a while there i thought i was stuck with it. and it's scary, just seems to go against all that h2g2 stands for
thank u for the graphics redbeard!

Me too, Me too!

Post 17

Lost in Scotland

I want in!! Want to be part of Goo Fan Club. Please add me to the ranks.

Me too, Me too!

Post 18

I'm not really here

Thanks to Lost in Scotland and Thistle for joining us. I hope you enjoy being part of the club. smiley - smiley

Me too, Me too!

Post 19

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I'd like to join the growing campaign against Alibastardised pages, too, please! smiley - bigeyes

Just say GOO!

Post 20

§hadow

Please add me to the list of loyal goo'ists. Remember, just say GOO to Alabast... *snore...SNORE.....snore...SNORT!* OH! AH! Sorry, I can't even say the word without falling asleep from sheer boredom! Let us all rise up with a mighty bleah to Alabas... *Zzzzzzzzzzz*
~S smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more