A Conversation for The Café

Aroma Cafe: What Statue?

Post 101

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

Definitely.
My life would be infinitely easier if l had a car. Well, l do have a car. But l am afraid to drive, and so don't have a license, and so am condemned to rely upon the kindness of friends and, as today, on a bus service whose sole reason for existence seems to be to make getting from one point to another entirely impossible...
*smiles as she pictures rigging -all- the buses of the Maryland Transit Administration to explode if they go slower than fifty miles an hour...or faster than fifty miles an hour...or if they go at preciesly fifty miles an hour...*

Post 102

Lintilla

Haha Ill remember not to ride those buses anytime soon for fear of being blown up.

Why don't you drive? Bad experience?

Post 103

l just don't like the responsibility of driving, 's all. Too much pressure. And l'm much too easily distracted to be trusted with a two ton automobile smiley - smiley

Additionally, l had a very bad time of it, learning. My mother tried to teach me -- and had a nasty habit of snatching the steering wheel away from me and ploughing us into the oncoming lane of traffic, for fear l was keeping the car "too close to the shoulder of the road."
Well, which would you rather hit? A stationary bush on the edge of the road, or an eighteen-wheeler going the opposite direction at sixty miles an hour?

Post 104

Lintilla

I think I would prefer the bush as well.
I must be off for the night.
I will see everyone!
Good-bye and thank you for the company (&the scrabble gamesmiley - winkeye)!

*jingle*

Post 105

'Night, Lintilla.

Post 106

jr52 (ting-a-)

*jingl-ingl-ing*
Evening..........all?

IIEM, large iced carbonated no caffiene beverage, please.

*squints at faint, not an outline, immobile shape**tries to avoid puddles on way to couch thinking Odra must have been or is around here somewhere**sits in Loony's spot*

ahhhhh. Think I'll see if there's anything interesting in the POST>

Post 107

jr52 (ting-a-)

*refocuses from The Post(wears wierdfocals, ya know), scans cafe**squints again at not as faint, not an outline, immobile thingie*

sigh.*mutters* Forgot I'm cat sitting this week, probably ought to scoot over there before they start gnawing on each other.

*pushes up from Loony's usual place on the couch, retrieves bartowel from counter and tidies up the last bit of moisture on floor.*

Nite, Ook.

*scans room again to see if anything else needs attention right now, again squints at what now appears to be an outline of an immobile thingie, shakes head, shrugs shoulders and heads for door*

*jingle-ling*

Post 108

One-eye, KoD, gent, MuG, randomly available

*jingle-lunga-lingle-ling*

G'morning!!

*notices noones in here*

Oh well. Might get some work done then. smiley - smiley

Coffee please, IIEM!

Post 109

BluesSlider

*jingle*

Morning one-eye, don't let me disturb you smiley - smiley. Double espresso please IIEM.

*Heads for a table and settles down with coffee, a book and a cigarette.*

Post 110

Mornin' BS!

You might want a VPB (virtual plastic bubble) when smoking. Lil gave it too me once, while mumbling something about Irving not being too keen on having smoke in the cafè. The VPB somehow transports the smoke from the cigarette out of the cafè.

*walks over too counter, rummages around a bit*

Ah, there it is.

*takes what looks like nothing and brings it over*

Here, take this, I've got mine in my pocket. smiley - smiley

*puts hand in pocket and takes out what appears to be nothing*

Post 111

BluesSlider

Thanks one-eye smiley - smiley

*Shakes out what appears to be nothing and steps in*

This is great, now I won't annoy anyone and I can smoke in peace smiley - smiley

Post 112

You're welcome smiley - smiley

*takes out improbably large lunchpack from pocket. Then unfolds what appears to be nothing and steps inside*

Post 113

ZOE(Scout), Patron Saint of Multiple Personalities{TANGO NEEDS HELP WITH PROJECT :STARS @ A403930 ALL STAR-GAZERS PLEASE PUT YOU

Stumbling in through the door, strugling to close it behind him. Not managing to keep the cold South African wind out.

Finaly the door is closed.

Takes a humongous yellow mug from a clip on his belt.....

Hi, How's the coffee in this place?

Post 114

ZOE(Scout), Patron Saint of Multiple Personalities{TANGO NEEDS HELP WITH PROJECT :STARS @ A403930 ALL STAR-GAZERS PLEASE PUT YOU

Stumbling in through the door, strugling to close it behind him. Not managing to keep the cold South African wind out.

Finaly the door is closed.

Takes a humongous yellow mug from a clip on his belt.....

Hi, How's the coffee in this place?

Post 115

hi there ZOE!!

The coffee couldn't be better!!!

You just ask the IIEM for any kind of coffee you want, an'you got it! smiley - smiley

Post 116

ox

Hi, man-with, Zoe. What's the statue out on the porch about? Go away for a day or so and really get confused! IIEM, A large Kenay AA. please.

Post 117

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*comes in through back door* Good morning everybody! Hello ZOE! Another continent heard from! And a coffee growing one at that. Listen y'all, I have just set up a fresh counter at http://www.h2g2.com/F26140?thread=65467&post=482473 so click on the URL and continue on with us there.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more