A Conversation for The Café

Aroma Cafe: What Statue?

Post 1

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

A spacious cafe with two large casablanca fans whirling lazily overhead and a blue orangutan named Ook nestling in a corner where the rafters make a nice ledge. A cat on the windowsill, catching the sun. A back porch looking out onto the Magic Forest ... and is there a statue out there? I think we should be told.

Join the group that meets on this and previous and subsequent threads for fine coffees, teas, and conversation.

Post 2

BluesSlider

Morning Lil smiley - smiley

Post 3

serves double espresso in fftf cup ---------> ^}}-{{^

Have you ever won before? smiley - smiley

Post 4

BluesSlider

Thanks Lil, that makes it two in a row if you don't count Babel's second post in the last forum smiley - smiley.

*Does another lap of honour round the cafe before settling down with the fttf cup.*

Is that a record?

Post 5

I think it displays a certain excess of caffeine. smiley - winkeye
*sips at coffee*
We had a good party, at the atelier, despite earthquakes. I don't recollect if I saw you there.

It being a Monday, I have a big surplus of chores to go do, so I'm off away now. I'll see you later!

Post 6

BluesSlider

The one chance I had to get to the party over the weekend H2G2 wasn't playing and refused to recognise that I was a bona fide researcher smiley - sadface I didn't get another chance after that. Glad it was a good party though.

Post 7

Lintilla

*jingle*
Here's the tea cup I barrowed last night, I'll just put it over on the counter.
Very nice statue by the way, I saw it for the first time when I went out that one time to see the cricketssmiley - smiley.
IIEM, a hot black tea please.
Hello BS!

Post 8

Redbeard (Thanks to all who supported The Celery!))

*enters the café wearing an old fedora and carrying a note pad and pen*

Hi Blues, Lintilla!
IIEM, Can I get a cup of coffee, please?
*grabs a donut as well*

Well I thought I'd spend a little more time here today researching the Aroma Café for my article and maybe get some interesting stories from regulars.

Post 9

BluesSlider

Hi Lintilla smiley - smiley

Post 10

BluesSlider

And Hi Redbeard, didn't recognise you in that hat smiley - smiley

Post 11

Lintilla

Hello Redbeard!
O congrats on your fttf cup! But I'm sorry you missed the party, It was fun.

Post 12

Yes, it was a fun party, even though the quakes got to it!

I decided to wear the hat, Blues, to help me get into the role of a roving reporter, which I've just taken on. Speaking of which, are you familiar with the Venus in Cider (now "Venus in Cornflowers") living statue that used to be in the middle of the cafe, but is not out on the porch?

Post 13

I meant "that is NOW out on the porch". I said 'not' on the porch. Better be careful or I'll negate it! smiley - smiley

Post 14

Witty Moniker

*looks up, notices she's the only left in the last thread*

*saunters over to new thread, as there's no chance she could possibly be 1st*

Hi, everybody! Boy, was I distracted back there. smiley - smiley

Post 15

BluesSlider

Thanks Lintilla, I think I only got the first cup because everbody else was at the party.

Quakes? I think I ought to go check out that thread. As for the statue, before my time I'm afraid, I've only been hanging round the cafe for a couple of months on a regular basis.

Post 16

Lintilla

Hello Witty!

Perhaps the statue would become more perminant if it's location was laid out on a map of the cafe....much like the map in the Altier?

Post 17

It was mostly that huge alabaster quake on Friday, I believe, that shut down all of h2g2 for awhile, which unfortunately kept the guest of honor from spending much time at the party.

But it was a great party, with amazing food and drink, and a fun group.

Apparently not that many people remember the details of how the statue got here.. it was so long ago.

Hi Witty!

Post 18

Actually, Lintilla, I'm hoping that once I write this article it may also help serve to remind people how this place is set up. I like the floorplan idea. That was so helpful at the Atelier party. I'll have to suggest it to Irv.

Post 19

Lintilla

It would be a good suggestion.

- by the way, I like the hat!

Post 20

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

*returns from porch, gets two cups of cider from the llEM, takes them back out onto the porch, and proceeds to pour them in the corner, staring fixedly*

Key: Complain about this post