A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Researchers Reunited and Prodigal Posters - look who's back!

Post 121

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

There is 'Most Popular Conversations' on the front page but it's a tad random. A 'Latest Comments' thing could work if limited to the most public (for want of a better word) forums: Ask etc.

You can pop suggestions for h2g2 here: http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/brunel/A388352

Post 122

Milla, h2g2 Operations

There is the list of busiest conversations though, on front page, and on your user page, you will see the latest posts in each thread you are subscribed to smiley - smiley

smiley - towel

Post 123

Peregrin

My head hurts. Last thing I remember was somebody suggesting we drink in the new millennium with a couple of Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters? It's all a bit hazy after that, although I do remember something that seemed important at the time about sneaking into the BBC.

Post 124

nicki

I'm back!!!!

Post 125

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Peregrin! I was going to ask somebody about you! smiley - smiley

smiley - towel

Post 126

nim the cat (STILL choking in air pollution)

I'm back too, at least for now.

Which is actually kind of funny because our weekly presentation/discussion SF&F session two weeks ago was about how SF literature infuenced the progress of communication technology, and brought up this site...

Question, since I wasn't much of a researcher: is it still (or again?) OK just to make journal entries and conversations?

nim

Post 127

Z

Of course it's still ok to make journal entries!

Post 128

nim the cat (STILL choking in air pollution)

thanx!
5 years to cover... it's going to be a looong post....

Post 129

Z

Or spread it out over a month - join NaJoPoMo, and post to your journal once every day in November: A87709062

(ok this is pushing it a bit - you've only just got back!).

Post 130

AlsoRan83

Hi Jim

Great see you again. How are the family. I long to see them

sincerely,

AlsoRan80
Christiane.

Tuesday 26th October 2011 10.09 GMT

Post 131

finkwart

Hi folks,
I have returned after about five years. Anyone know what happened to the Hitchhikers game I used to play on here?
Finkwart

Post 132

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - wow Do I spy a Peregrin? smiley - bigeyes Bad news I'm afraid.... your not the president anymore (just in case you didn't know...) smiley - biggrinsmiley - silly

As to the other new names, some of which trigger slight nervous twitches of long-forgotten memories in a few of my remaining neuro synapses....;
A lot of people use h2g2 in differnt ways; E.G., some literally just use the journal as a kind of blog, to write jorunal entrys about their lives... Others do a lot of writing for the guide, and often don't take part in many of the conversation threads, whilst others mainly take part in the threads, either on other peoples personally spaces, who they know, or on guide entrys about subjects they want to comment on, or, indeed, as like where this conversation is, in 'Ask h2g2'....
Of course, most people probably do a combination of these things, with writing journals, taking part in conversations, talking to friends in conversations on their personal spaces, writing the occasional guide entry, and getting involved in some of the role play areas and games on the site smiley - coolsmiley - boing
Of course I cna't just rmeember all the links now, but I'm sure off of the front page is a link to ask h2g2, the games room, science explained (SEx), and also on there is a list of the most busiest conversations, though that can be a bit random as others have said smiley - doh
There is, also, somewhere, a link to the 20 most recently updated conversations, which is a differnt list useually to the list on the front page to the busiest conversations... smiley - 2centssmiley - goodlucksmiley - wow
It sure is strange seeing all these names reappearing smiley - coolsmiley - boingsmiley - tea

Post 133

Lenny (Lynette)

Hello! I'm back! I doubt anyone missed me. It's been 7 years. 7 years!!

Post 134

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - laugh
Some have been gone ~much~ longer than that...and returned. Hence the designation "Prodigal" in the thread title.
smiley - winkeye
Glad you've come back Lenny!
smiley - biggrin
B4someslapsaWelcomeCommittesignonmyback

Post 135

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Talking of prodigal returns... any sight, or sound, yet, of the h hoovery one? smiley - zen (lettuce spray thriley, manafold, laminated kitchen countertops, etc., etc., etc.,) smiley - handcuffssmiley - pony

Post 136

BadZen

smiley - boing

2011 already? That was a quick 12 years...

Thank you very much for saving H2G2 and keeping the classic goo!

smiley - biker

Post 137

Mrs Zen

Can you IMAGINE if they did and found out what they had become. smiley - yikes You'd turn tail and run as far as your little wheels and electric cord would let you.

Post 138

Spiff

"I'm back! ... and so is my wife!"

smiley - laugh
smiley - cheers

Post 139

kitrapsjasani

Back! Glad to be back here. Didn't realise that I was away.
smiley - winkeyesmiley - bubblysmiley - cake

Post 140

Pastey

When the news of the sale was announced back in January, we saw what we thought were a lot of old names (including me) coming out of the woodwork. Now though, well WoW.

We've put a lot into saving this site for various reasons, but mostly it's because it's something we believe is worth saving. And we're not just going to let it trundle along either, once we've got the last two large bugs sorted out we can start *really* putting our plans into action.

So settle back folks, chat in the forums, write a few entries, and see what's to come... smiley - biggrin

smiley - rose

Key: Complain about this post