A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 3041

The Groob

"I have spoken to alot of people who have read Jordan's Biography and they all say what a good business woman she is"

I saw her interviewed on telly once and she said something along the lines of "Look, I'm not brainy so what can I do to make something of myself? I have a right to make something of myself any way I can - just like anyone else".

She has a point there I think. Still don't think she deserves to be called 'hero'.

"Celebrity Apprentice!"

I've thought of that too, although I think ultimately AS would not approve - he seems to speak out about people being there for anything other than business reasons.

I would like to see the Apprentice done with people who've succeeded in business or are noted for being particularly creative. But if they do make a Celebrity Apprentice my money is on it being full of soap/gossip mag stars.

Petty Hates

Post 3042

swl

Never mind Jordan running BT, my mind's boggling at the thought of Jordan running smiley - drool

Petty Hates

Post 3043

Yael Smith

smiley - yukto Jordan running.

I agree with BK about the bikes- they makean awful noise. I'm also appalled by the amount of Smack'eads, as they call themselves, that you can see on the street, smoking their stinking stuff everywhere, and nothing is done about it.smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 3044

The Groob

They have an advert on TV for a programme about the Chelsea flower show. The bit at the end says "You'd be surprised how competitive it is". Why is it that programme makers feel they have to crowbar conflict into programmes (particularly documentaries)?

Petty Hates

Post 3045

pieshifter

I hate automatic doors that let you nearly walk into them before they begin to open.

I hate traffic lights that turn to red when no-one is waiting to go at the other lights.

I hate having my tea interrupted by some anus who seems to think I want to change my mortgage/buy insurance/take part in a survey.

Petty Hates

Post 3046

Yael Smith

Why don't you unhook the phone?smiley - erm
Just for dinner, of course.

I hate having my discussions with my partner being listened into, or being in overly crowded places with no hope of getting out within less than an hour and looking for things that I need where it would make sense for them to be, just to discover they're somewhere else, where it wouldn't.

Can you tell I've been to Ikea today?

Petty Hates

Post 3047

Elentari

smiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 3048

pieshifter

Yes, I often unhook the phone during meals only to remember that its still off the hook around 11.20pm.

Petty Hates

Post 3049

Yael Smith

smiley - laugh

Print out a pretty big sign on a nice piece of card saying

"Put the phone on the hook when finished eating! Bon Appetite!"

Or something to that affect, and place it infront of your plate.

Petty Hates

Post 3050

AlexoOo

Getting big pieces of card jammed in my canon printer. smiley - sadface

Petty Hates

Post 3051

equestrian_statue

Single/Divorced/Unattached people being singled out as gay if they develop a liking to their own company.

Petty Hates

Post 3052

MrMaven

People replying "Is It?" when you say something to them.

Petty Hates

Post 3053

swl

You don't say.

Petty Hates

Post 3054

Yael Smith

People trying very hard to smile at the lame joke you've just made and say "that's SO funny!", or even worse, when it's not supposed to be funny, and you know and they know they have nothing to say in reply.
Is it restricted to Americans, or has it globalised by now?

Petty Hates

Post 3055

AlexoOo

Yeah. I get laughed at all the time when I'm not even attempting to be funny. That bugs me.

Petty Hates

Post 3056

swl

smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Good one !!

smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 3057

Yael Smith

SWL, that's SO funny what you just did there!!!smiley - biggrin

Petty Hates

Post 3058

swl

Eyethangyew smiley - biggrin

Petty Hates

Post 3059

Yael Smith

Yurwelcome!smiley - smiley

Oh, yeah - I *hate* it when corn sticks in my teeth.smiley - yuk

Petty Hates

Post 3060

swl

I hate it when I order Steak Pie n Chips in a pub, then I get Steak Pie, Chips, Peas, Carrots etc etc.

I don't want veg. If it doesn't say it on the menu, don't put them on the plate smiley - grr

And don't get me started on kebabs smiley - doh

Key: Complain about this post